January Jelly Beans 2014!

Congrats to all of the new mommies, and welcome to all of the new babies!! :cloud9:
Not long for the rest of us! :)

Merry Christmas Ladies!!!

I know I haven't posted on here much but ive been stalking :winkwink:

Had my doctors appointment yesterday and am dilated to a 2 and 100% effaced :happydance: Doctor seems to think he will be seeing me this weekend, I hope hes right!!!

Either way my C-section is scheduled in 8 days so the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer

Merry Christmas ladies!

Congrats to those who have had their babies!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day xx

Merry Christmas Ladies

Congrats to thouse who have their little bundles of Joy :)

Merry Christmas ladies!!

Congratulations those that have your little bundles, good luck to those that are nearly there!! Very jealous!!

Em xxx

Merry Christmas!!

mommytobe- Thanks for the pic! I'm at a -2. Makes a lot more sense now!

Hevalouaddict- Congrats! Hope all is well.

Made our trip to Iowa. 4 1/2 hours each way was brutal, but I'm glad we did it. Made a couple stops each way to walk around. My mom gave me my baby gifts early because she knew I'd want to nest ;) I did a ton of laundry when I got home and got a lot of the baby's clothes and linens washed. I also made a list of items I need to buy still. Over did it with the organizing when we got back and my hips kept going out. Definitely having a lot of pelvic pain as well. It's way worse this time around. I'm hoping to at least get everything laid out that I want to pack in my hospital bag this week.

Christmas has been hard. This is the first one without my dad and between that and hormones I have been a horrible mess. Hoping I can pull it together once things quiet down.

Hi ladies my January jellybeans arrived this morning at 6.55am they wanted to be here in time for Santa little terrors, they are beautiful but teeny tiny

Congratulations!! :) I hope you are all doing well.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was pretty good. My son had a blast opening all his gifts but he got so many things he doesn't know what to do with himself. LOL I even got a couple of things for little guy #2 from my mom and grandmother so that was nice. Now if only nesting will kick in so I can get things done around the house. :dohh:

Acorn, I'm hoping I can gather up the things I'm going to need for my hospital bag this week as well. Though my mother-in-law and nephew are coming to stay with us through Sunday so I don't know how much if anything I'll get done during that time. I really need to get on the ball since my little guy could decide to make his appearance any time now really. I haven't had any signs but I didn't really with my older son either....so it's hard to say when I'll go into labor.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season. :hugs:

Made it home and back from my parent's yesterday. Drove past 8 cars spun out in ditches and a rolled over vehicle on the way home. It wasn't even snowing, just black ice due to the temp.
DH is off today so we ran a couple errands and we even DTD! It's been about 6 weeks. It wasn't great, but we were proud of ourselves. DH says, dang! sex at 37.5 weeks, we should put that on FB! Haha. I said, um no, but I'll put it on BnB :)
been having some low back pain, and difficulty getting around, but nothing too dramatic. I did have some painful contractions overnight and this morning, but not more than 1-2 per hour, and now I haven't had any in awhile.
I figure that I'll be 38 weeks in a couple days, and then Felicity can come any time- it'd be fine with me! I was hoping she wouldn't have a Christmas birthday, but any other time is fine!

Good luck Jess! I have the week off work, so I feel like I should get as much done as I can before I have to go back. DH has it off too, so it's nice that he can watch our DD while I nest!

melann- Yuck! Glad you made it back safe!

I'm not full term yet, so I probably have some time. I am happy he didn't come early, on or before Christmas. Hopefully he'll stay in there for a few more weeks.

I need your opinions... my doc offered to strip my membranes (aka sweep) today. I said not thanks maybe next week. I have heard it hurts. What is your opinion about getting it done? I keep joking about wanting her to be a new years baby, but I am not sure I want to force her out.

I need your opinions... my doc offered to strip my membranes (aka sweep) today. I said not thanks maybe next week. I have heard it hurts. What is your opinion about getting it done? I keep joking about wanting her to be a new years baby, but I am not sure I want to force her out.

I would have declined also. I think 37 weeks is too early to be thinking of trying to get baby out on purpose. That's my opinion! :)
I was going to have a sweep at 40 weeks with DS but they sent me to be induced because of pre-e signs so I don't know what it actually feels like.

I would have declined also. I think 37 weeks is too early to be thinking of trying to get baby out on purpose. That's my opinion! :)
I was going to have a sweep at 40 weeks with DS but they sent me to be induced because of pre-e signs so I don't know what it actually feels like.

37 does seem surprisingly early for a doctor to suggest a sweep - is there some kind of reason he/she suggested it? It's better to let the baby bake until 39 weeks at least unless there's a problem :shrug:

I don't think there is a problem. I do have gestational diabetes so I think for me its better to get ger out before 40 weeks, but not sure.

I agree that 37 seems way early for a sweep. I know lots of people that had GD that went to 40 weeks and had normal size babies.

In some areas in the uk they induce at 38 weeks if you have gestational diabetes as the placenta often doesn't work as well as you get to forty weeks.. So maybe that's why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->