January Jelly Beans 2014!

Im an sooo excited to say I believe my stomach flu has passed... I am at work today, and usually I wouldn't be happy to have to be at work, but at least that means I am feeling better. YAY!

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been quiet, but things have been busy with Christmas coming up.

I am happy to have reached 36 weeks last week as it means that should the wee man decide to come any time now, all going well we should be able to go to the local hospital. Seen the MW last week. All is well. Wee man is head down, but not yet engaged, which is apparently normal for subsequent pregnancies. Let's see if we can make it to the next MW appointment on the 3rd January.

I am also suffering from severe pain in my pelvic area. I can hardly move, turn in bed, get up. Everything is just so sore down there. *sigh* I can't really remember having this with DS1, but it is no fun.

Hope everyone else is doing okay and our little ones stay put for a bit longer.

Glad to hear that you are finally feeling better, goldstns! :) I'm sure after being so sick I'd be happy to be at work too! LOL I'm at work myself but I'd rather be anywhere else! :haha:

Sorry your having such a rough time, Twag. Hopefully you can get some good sleep soon! :hugs:

I hope your little guy starts feeling better, Del. :hugs: It really stinks when little ones are ill. My son has a bit of a cold and has been coughing since the night before last. I hate seeing him like that. I just hope it stays a little cold and doesn't get any worse for Christmas. My family all had a stomach bug last Christmas and it was no fun.

I hit the 37 week mark today!! :happydance: Yay! I'm not sure if my doctor considers this full term or not (I know guidelines in the US have changed) as we haven't discussed that. But if my little guy were to come now, at least I know he'll more than likely be just fine. :thumbup: I'd rather he wait until at least the 1st of the year though. :) My Aunts birthday is on the 2nd and she told me to aim for that so they could share a birthday. LOL And then my uncle's (her husband) birthday is actually the 17th so if I were to go a few days late (EDD 13th) I could possibly hit his as well. So they were jokingly fighting over the date the other night when we got together. LOL If it were up to me, I'd rather have him closer to the 2nd than the 17th! :winkwink: I have my next appointment on Friday with my OB. I don't think she'll check my cervix again so soon. If I remember correctly with my older son, she checked at every other appointment near the end.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

My doc doesn't use the word engaged ever, I keep trying to hint at it. Oh well, doc said Im still at 2 cm dilated, but I am thinning out more and becoming more "elastic". Also, doc said to me they wouldn't prevent labor if it started because the baby is fully grown, but they wouldn't induce unless needed.

hey ladies! Just popping in to wish you all a very merry christmas and new year!!!
I am still trying to full-fill my mission to get my bfp before what would have been my d.date (15th jan) and this month is my first (and only) shot at it....so this week is going to be a 'busy' one for me and DH :winkwink: so fingers crossed :thumbup:
Really hope you all enjoy your xmas :hugs: xxx

goldstns, my doctor doesn't use the word engaged either. At my last appointment she did say she could feel his head and that it was low...but that's as far as it went. LOL

And good luck to you, live!! I hope you get your bfp son! Sending baby dust your way! :dust: Merry Christmas! :hugs:

Live - good luck, got everything crossed for you

Is anyone else fed up?? I'm fine during the day but every evening I seem to turn into this emotional mess that wants baby here already! The thought of being pregnant for another 5 weeks is exhausting!

It's probably hormones, being uncomfortable and lack of sleep. I feel so ungrateful wanting the pregnancy over, I just want my baby girl here.

Em xxx

goldstns- My doctor never says engaged either. He does say what station I'm at though. My last appointment baby was at -3 station, so was my son and he never dropped lower than that. This diagram helped me figure out that -3 is not engaged at all.
https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/chestyq1/8741W_zps6f33ebe1.jpg

Emily - I am SO done being pregnant! I just want my own body back and be able to move comfortably and easily!

Mommytobe - I'm so glad it's not just me then!!!

37 weeks today!! Finally made it to term!!! Yay!!!

Em xxx

Congrats Em!! I'm counting down until Saturday (then will be begging baby to come out) lol.

I need to get rid of this stinking cold first! That and even though I know baby would be okay if they arrived now, I'd have to go to hospital rather than the MLU and I don't really want to (as its the hospital I will be working at and I know loads of staff there! LOL).

I am also completely fed up! I have no idea what to do with myself- the whole house has been deep cleaned, so short of keeping it up together very little to do.. that and I don't think baking is the best idea when I'm so icky :-(

Happy 37 weeks, Emily! :)

mommytobe - sounds like your doctor is a little bit more informative than mine. LOL Mine doesn't give station or use "engaged." So I have no idea where I'm at in that sense. :dohh: Maybe I'll make a point of asking her on Friday at my appointment, though I don't think she'll check my cerivix again so soon (last pregnancy she did every other week).

I haven't reached the fully fed up point yet but I am getting uncomfortable. Every time I get up from sitting/laying I'm in pain as I get going, though it does die down once I'm moving for a bit. And turning over in bed is a chore as well. But I've been extremely tired lately and I still have so much to do around the house. It's a bit of a mess at the moment and needs a good cleaning. But unfortunately nesting hasn't kicked in - I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. Hopefully I can get motivated soon as my hubby's mom and nephew are coming to visit this weekend and things need to be done before they get here. I don't know when I'm going to have time for it though! :dohh:

Nesting hasn't kicked in for me either, Jess! :dohh: I was really hoping it would but I'm not motivated to do anything. But I've made a list of all the cleaning I want to get done before my csection, so little by little my house will look clean lol

Every time I get up from sitting/laying I'm in pain as I get going, though it does die down once I'm moving for a bit. And turning over in bed is a chore as well.

That is exactly how I am feeling. I never felt like this with my first pregnancy, it is exhausting and sooo painful, isn't it?

I won't be online much tomorrow so I want to wish you a Merry Christmas today!

:xmas6: :xmas9: :xmas16:

Merry Christmas everyone!
I think we will be going to my parents house tomorrow, against doc's wishes. Weather looks fine, but we're still just planning on going for the day instead of staying a few like we usually do. Still getting more BH, only a few of which have actually hurt. Still have increased discharge that is mucousy, no true bloody show at this point. A friend of mine was due Jan 2nd and she had her baby yesterday, so we shall see!

That is exactly how I am feeling. I never felt like this with my first pregnancy, it is exhausting and sooo painful, isn't it?

Yes it really is! I don't remember it being as bad when I was pregnant with my first son but I do remember it got painful near the end turning over in bed. I'm a good bit bigger this pregnancy than my last so I dunno if that has anything to do with it.

And Merry Christmas everyone! :) I hope you have a great holiday with your families. We'll all be meeting our little beans soon!

I need to get on the ball and at least make of list of all my to-do's before my little guy decides to make an appearance. I still don't even have my bag packed yet. :dohh: I'm just hoping he holds off for a little while yet (haven't had any indications so I'm probably safe but you never know!).

Hi ladies busy busy so wishing you all a Merry Christmas hope you enjoy it either family and friends

Hi ladies my January jellybeans arrived this morning at 6.55am they wanted to be here in time for Santa little terrors, they are beautiful but teeny tiny

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->