• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Jelly Beans 2014!

I'm going to try the famous Scalini's Eggplant Parm today. Headed to the grocery store in a bit. https://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm Not at all convinced it will do anything, but it can't hurt, plus cooking it will give me something to do.
My due date buddy from baby class (who also hasn't had her baby yet) and I are going to get pedicures tomorrow.
More brown mucus this morning, still not sure if it's from the cervix check, I kind of doubt it. Only time will tell.

I'm going to try the famous Scalini's Eggplant Parm today. Headed to the grocery store in a bit. https://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm Not at all convinced it will do anything, but it can't hurt, plus cooking it will give me something to do.
My due date buddy from baby class (who also hasn't had her baby yet) and I are going to get pedicures tomorrow.
More brown mucus this morning, still not sure if it's from the cervix check, I kind of doubt it. Only time will tell.

Ooh sounds exciting, my sis had her bloody show on xmas eve and kept having it and had her baby early hours boxing day. Fingers crossed for you hun! :happydance:

Evening ladies, just a quick one-handed message.

Just wanted to share two pics, one from the day our latest addition was born together with his brother and the other at two days old.

:cloud9:

Attachments

• 1012016_273128402841999_1452506889_n.jpg
    1012016_273128402841999_1452506889_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1526193_274237179397788_789383390_n.jpg
    1526193_274237179397788_789383390_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
Congrats Emmy!!! Woo hoo!

DD was waking again last night. I hope this is not a new trend, I don't need that AND a newborn to deal with at night. She did have a fever yesterday afternoon and dh took her in, and they couldn't find anything. Hopefully it was nothing, and she will be back to normal soon.

Just thought I'd give a quick update: I gave birth to my son Ryker James on Jan 11th at 5am. He weighed 7lbs, 6oz & was 19.5 inches long. :) He's a brief birth story:

My water broke at home around 8pm Friday evening with several gushes at home. Got to the hospital around 9 with a huge gush as they were checking us in & several more as I waited to be checked. When they checked I was 3cm dilated & about 60% effaced. Started getting contractions about the time we got to the hospital but they were really irregular & not really progressing. They monitored me for awhile with no changes. So they started me on pitocin to help move things along. My contractions were mostly in my back as they found Lil man was back to back. That was the worst! We even tried several different positions to get him to turn but the little guy is stubbborn & wouldn't turn. Eventually I couldn't take it & asked for an epidural. At this point I was 5cm dilated & mostly effaced but not completely. Getting the epidural was not fun in the least but once it was done I was very glad of it. Pain was gone but pressure was still there. Within 20 minutes I was fully dilated & ready to push. Nurse had me do a practice push and was able to turn Lil man to a better position. Then within 4 pushes he was out. And I was able to hold my lil man! Not a bad experience overall really but I can say back contractions really suck!! We got back home yesterday & are both doing well. He's been great with breast feeding though that seems constant. He's a little piggy! Lol

Sending labor dust to those still waiting!! I hope you get to meet your little ones soon. :hugs:

So darn cute!! Lots of hair like Bobby!

I was so relieved to get the epidural too.

I can't imagine how painful it'd be to have back labor like that.

4 pushes is awesome!! I'm jealous - I pushed for an hour!

Congrats hon!

Congratulations on finally having your baby claudinator.

My sister had a back to back labour but when she arrived at hospital she was fully dilated so only could have gas and air :wacko:

Been trying to bounce on the birthing ball but it kills my back :cry: I'm not at dd til next Thursday so I am going to try and be patient but its not easy. Feel like any symptoms I had have lessened like the periody feeling. So who knows when he will decide to show :shrug:

Congrats Emmy!!! Woo hoo!

DD was waking again last night. I hope this is not a new trend, I don't need that AND a newborn to deal with at night. She did have a fever yesterday afternoon and dh took her in, and they couldn't find anything. Hopefully it was nothing, and she will be back to normal soon.

Acorn I can empathize. My son has been ill for a week and its really unsettled his sleep. He usually does a solid 12 hours but he's been waking, talking in his sleep, crying and just generally not sleeping great. He seems to be on the right side of it but its exhausting esp being so pregnant and taking care of him during the day and add to that I'm not sleeping cos I can't get comfy, needing to pee and insomina. Hugs to you, hope your dd is better very soon x:hugs:

Nothing here still low back ache & twinges but i do not think it is anything :shrug:
you?

Another restless night! Was up at 4 am watching tv. :wacko: so ready for weekend so OH can help with DS and I can rest. It's pointless even having an early night cos I get such bad pain in my hips I know I'll end up getting up in the early hours.

Could do with popping into town cos its OH's birthday on 27th and I want to be organised in case I'm otherwise engaged! I have his gift just need cards and wrapping paper but it's a bit grey and miserable out. Will decide in a bit whether to go or not.

Hope everyone else is well x

DH's birthday is Feb 11th. I already have gifts and a valentines present ready to go in case I am too busy after ;) I didn't think to have cards ready. I should do that too!

Sleep is a distant memory. I just really want to be rested when he decides to come. DH is home this weekend, so that would be good for me!

I'm spoiled as I don't have other kids at home (just two whiny cats), but I make sure to take a nap every afternoon (sometimes I only sleep 15-20 minutes, other times it's like 1.5hrs) so that I'm well rested when labor kicks in. Just woke up from one a bit ago, so labor can start anytime right?

Those were the days melann :) Enjoy! And yes, you should go ahead and have that baby!! I have 9 days until due date and I am whiny. I can only imagine how you feel!

We are hitting up Buffalo wild wings tonight. Doubt it will do anything, but it can't hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->