January Jelly Beans 2014!

Dela I am so fed up and impatient now and I am starting to receive the dreaded "Any News?" texts :grr: :dohh: So depressing saying no nothing happening and getting the same response back of "oh that is because he is nice a comfy in there!" :grr:

Sorry feeling particularly grouchy because I am so damn tired - I couldn't imagine having to deal with a toddler too :hugs:

Take a deep breath ladies. I've had to hide my phone and stay off of gmail and FB because once you go past your due date the non-stop messages asking where the baby is are enough to seriously piss you off. My MIL calls DH every day at least once to see if things have changed. I'm glad she's not calling me because I'd flip out at her. DH tells her everytime "We will call you when something happens!" but it hasn't stopped her, so he's taken to texting her a couple times a day just to say "no change." Ridiculous.

Oh I have had the MIL start too!! :wacko: DH doesn't answer her so she has started to text me arghhhhhhhh :dohh:

Back from my appt. Absolutely gutted. Still 0cm and baby is still high. Doc asked if I wanted to schedule the induction for late next week or have another appt first. I scheduled an appt for next Tuesday (41+2) and assuming I'm at that appt we'll schedule the induction for next weekend (41+5 or 6).
After TTC and feeling like my body was failing me, I now feel like it's happening all over again. Been crying since I left the doctor. Just so beaten down. He said it could still happen any time, but I feel like I'm destined to have induction snowball into a million interventions I don't want. Might as well schedule a C-section now. I'm an endocrinologist and the idea that the hormone cascade just won't happen is scaring me.

Melann, so sorry, i also struggled 5 years ttc..

Dont mean to be a show-off but I think i'm having contractions every 3-5 minutes. Quite painful. Btw, I tried the acu-pressure points given in the video in previous pages.. I just pressed and stimulate the points on my foot for 10 minutes each. Dunno if it has any connection with my bloody show afterwards then this early sign of labour.

Melann I am so sorry but it could still happen my friend went for a sweep got told wasn't worth it as nothing was going to happen & to book in induction and that might she had her baby - it can happen sending you lots of labour :dust:

Lian good luck

I have just told dh about the foot pressure points I have told him this weekend he can give me a good foot massage so hopefully it will start something

Thanks for the congrats ladies. He's definitely keeping me on my toes added to my 2 year old. :)

I'm sorry to those struggling. I had absolutely no signs before I went into labor so I know it's possible! :hugs: Sending labor dust your way!! :dust:

Congrats Jess!! He is beautiful!

Lian- That really surprises me. The strep-B is in no way an STD, and just lives naturally in some women. You can't spread it by being in the tub. The only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't want you in there is that you will have an IV. My midwife made it seem like it was no big deal though and that I'd just have to go into the tub with the IV attached if I had it. Are you sure it's hospital policy, or your OB's? Worth a check. I know I had to sign a water birth consent form which was basically a huge list of reasons why they will ask you to get out of the tub and you promising to comply. Strep-b was not one of those things. Worth asking again. I think even if you can't get in the tub, you should still shoot for a natural birth if you want it. Maybe look into a doula for support?

DD did not sleep well last night and has been cranky all day. Makes for one very cranky pregnant lady!

I was the one who posted the pressure points unfortunately. Been doing them every day. I've developed bruises so have stopped.
I would've gone for the sweep, but when your cervix isn't open at all they can't really stick a finger in there to do anything.
Been on the phone with my boss and she gave me good work to do, so at least it's a distraction. She will take it over if I go into labor, but frankly I'm just happy to have something that makes me feel like a productive human.

Melann my friends cervix was closed too she was in floods of tears as it was her 2nd attempt & last and that night she had her baby girl - sending lots of labour:dust:

Just went to the bathroom and had some brownish pinkish mucous on my liner. Now I just wish I knew if it was real, or just from having my cervix checked today. I didn't have anything last week after my check and don't usually spot after paps. I've had mucous discharge for weeks, but this was the first with color. Here's hoping that even if it is from the doc, maybe he got something going!
I spent the whole afternoon working on my manuscript for my PhD, which was REALLY good for me. Very distracting and also productive. If I go into labor tonight, all my boss has to do is login as me and hit submit. We originally submitted this paper in fall of 2012. I'm SOOO sick of looking at it! DH came home to work with me this afternoon. We have a nice home office setup in our downstairs. Just having him here was nice even if we were both busy. When I finished just now we both nicely explained to Felicity that we're not waiting for anything but her now. So anytime would be fine. :) Just trying to be positive...

I had 4sweeps, 3gels, 2 pitocin drips annnnnnddddd nothing!
Failure to progress so C-section when they can.

Sorry Claudinator :hugs: but whatever makes sure you and bubs are safe

Melann hope this is the start of something for you :hugs:

AFM - I have an awful chesty cough just what I need :dohh: :sick:

Claudinator - good luck with section!!

Melann - hope this is the start of it for you!

Em xxx

It all happened so quickly! Jaxson was born last night at 23.45pm, just in time for his due date! He weighed 7lbs 14ozs and he is absolutely perfect. I have a quick but shocking birth story that I will write when I get some more sleep, you won't beleve some of it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 7
OMG Emmy MASSIVE congratulations he is adorable :hugs:
Look forward to hearing your birth story

Congratulations Emmy he's adorable! :thumbup:

I'm 39 weeks today.:happydance: Just one week to dd. feel excited and nervous at same time. No signs here really. Just a lot of braxton hicks.

Everytime I log in someone has had a baby. Hope it's me soon!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->