January Jelly Beans 2014!

Ladies, I really hope that things will start soon for you all. I know how it feels, LO came at 39+4, but it felt like ages, especially when the professionals start talking about eviction plans.

For what it is worth: When I asked my MW on things that can be done to help things along, she suggested walking etc., but said that one of the best methods is making love. Up till then I thought it was the climax of the woman that would maybe start contractions and whilst this can be the case the main reason why sex is effective is that the sperm contains prostaglandin, which is responsible for inducing labour. So even if you can't get comfortable enough, as long as your OH's can do their part. :winkwink:

We DTD on Sunday morning and for me it certainly worked as I went into labour that day and had our little man shortly after.

I keep mentioning to DH about DTD he just will not go there :nope: but tbh with the amount of discomfort I am in right now the thought eugh no thanks lol :wacko:

Well, we DTD twice in the last 4 days or so, but alas... here I am.
Bloody show yesterday and today, but at doc this morning I still have a closed cervix, although 80% effaced. Fluid is starting to get low and hospital is pretty booked, so I'm going in in 5 hours to start the ripening process and then pitocin. Very nervous. Pray for us!
It's surreal to have a timeline. Came home and repacked the hospital bag. I added lots to the labor bag since I'll be there starting this afternoon. Movies, games etc. I REALLY wanted to avoid induction, but certainly wouldn't put baby at risk. Hopefully she's here by tomorrow night!

Good luck melann. X

Had my mw appointment this afternoon and she booked me in for a sweep friday if I haven't had baby by then. She said they offer three sweeps before they go down induction route and like to do them every 48 hours so if I have one fri and then nothing then will go to birth suite where they will do another sunday and again tue at normal appointment if nothing.:wacko: Feeling very nervous now talk has turned to trying to get labour started. Eeeek! X

No fair Dela mine do one at 40+7 & then to induction :(

i have to wait until next week before I get a sweep

Sweeps weren't an option for me since I'm not dilated at all :(

No fair Dela mine do one at 40+7 & then to induction :(

i have to wait until next week before I get a sweep

Its amazing to me how just because you live in a different area the policies are so different. Sorry you have to wait twag. Hopefully you wong need a sweep and baby with come on his own. :thumbup: She actually offered a sweep on my due date at first but her diary was full.

Hope you don't need all those sweeps Dela & your little one arrives soon too

I keep checking on here for a birth announcement melann! I hope things go smoothly for you! Stinks that you can't avoid induction, but it sounds like it really is best for baby at this point. Hoping thinks move quickly for you dear!

No talk of a sweep here yet, but I don't think my midwife expects to see me next week. SO hope she is right!!

I don't actually know if I can have a sweep cos I don't know if I'm favourable or not x

Due date and no sign everything from yesterday seems to have gone :dohh:

But I slept really well last night and actually feel really good today :) like happy & rested so that has to be good :thumbup:

I think my midwife will attempt the sweep either way as it is the only one but obviously if it is looking totally unfavourable the induction is booked & I am guessing if it looks good to go it isn't :shrug: tbh I have no idea as this is my first :wacko:

Deal I think it is so annoying here in the UK how it is so different from area to area me & my friend live just down the road from each other but different surgeries & her midwife is very different to my own :wacko:

1 week to go until due date!! I didn't make it to my due date with my daughter, went into labor at 39+4, so here's hoping for another slightly early baby. Have my 39 week app today and hoping they'll check me to see my progress. I was checked at almost 37 weeks and was 1cm, still thick, baby at -1 station. They haven't done another check since they tend not to until closer till due date - hopefully today is close enough!

Next Wednesday Boo but midwife & I are hoping he is here before then FXd

Next Wednesday Boo but midwife & I are hoping he is here before then FXd

Oh doh I thought you meant today, but I do remember reading that you had to be a week over. Its my pregnancy brain :dohh:

I had a really good night of sleep last night...finally. Now's the time to come baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->