January Jelly Beans 2014!

Had my sweep. It was uncomfortable but not unbearable. She managed to get one finger in and said my cervix was soft but still far back. I think it might take another one or two before anything happens. Had some tightenings but she said I would from the exam but not had any show or plug or anything. Got another sweep booked up at the hospital Sunday at 3. It's my oh birthday Monday so he might end up sharing it! X

Yay Melann!! So happy for you!
Delamere- Glad the sweep went ok! Hopefully things start moving
I was 3 cm dilated on Monday. Cervix was really soft at that point. I am tight and crampy all the time. The fact that I appear so close and he isn’t moving is driving me mad. Tried me pump yesterday and nothing happened. I was sure it was going to work, and was super weepy and disappointed.

Glad the sweep went well Dela

i am considering trying my manual pump but a little nervous like is it ok to do?

I might be jumping the gun as its only 7 hrs since the sweep but I dont think anything has changed, I haven't even bled or anything. Only thing I have had is tightenings but she said I would. Gonna go sunday if nothing has happened and if I'm still same ill let them do another but I'm not sure I want a third one. Just want to get an induction booked if 2nd sweep is unsuccessful. Need an end in sight.

Del, :hugs:.

I really feel for you ladies still waiting. I only went to 39+4, but was getting quite impatient as with DS1 I had him at 38+3.

If it is any consolation we are going through our 1st growth spurt here, so LO is pretty much constantly attached to me feeding. I think I'm in for a looong night....

Glad the sweep went well Dela

i am considering trying my manual pump but a little nervous like is it ok to do?

I did it last time with DD and it brought on labor for me. The midwife on the phone said I shouldn't have done that because it can bring on strong contractions. I discussed with my midwife at my appointment this week and she said to go for it. She said the only concern with it is doing it for too long could cause distress to the baby. She said that 5 min at a time is safe and fine to do. After 5 min, stop and wait an hour or so if you want to try again. I just tried once yesterday. Figured if it didn't work, he wasn't ready and I would try again in a day or two. Also, FYI- I have produced colostrom every time I have tried it.

Hmmm i might leave it then i don't want to waste the good stuff or upset him i guess he will come when he is ready

Your body will make more colostrom, so I wouldn't worry about that part of it. I did it Thursday, and decided not to try again until tomorrow since my body obviously wasn't ready.

Getting so fed up. I have SPD and the pain is becoming unbearable, to the point where I can barely move. Laying down hurts, so I really haven't been sleeping. I went into labor at 39+4 with my daughter, so hoping to have this little guy soon.

Getting so fed up. I have SPD and the pain is becoming unbearable, to the point where I can barely move. Laying down hurts, so I really haven't been sleeping. I went into labor at 39+4 with my daughter, so hoping to have this little guy soon.

I really feel for you flower. I have spd and it's getting worse. I am finding sleep impossible. I'm 2 days overdue. Got a feeling I'll end up being induced like I was with my ds. Hope your boy decides to come soon! I had a sweep yesterday but I don't think that it did anything. X

Having contractions this morning! About 6 min apart. Also had my bloody show this morning. Pretty sure today is the day!

Good luck Acorn

i am officially going to be the last lady standing at this rate :wacko:

Woohoo, Acorn, good luck and fingers crossed this is it for you.

Having contractions this morning! About 6 min apart. Also had my bloody show this morning. Pretty sure today is the day!

Woo hoo:happydance:good luck acorn!

Hey dont worry twag I'm still here!:hugs:

Sorry you guys are feeling late, my LO was 41+4 by the time age was born!

Home now. Her sweet going home outfit lasted an hour before she pooped through it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 6
Urgh wide awake at 12.45 so I've got up for a bit. Sciatic going down my leg is giving me grief this last 24 hrs. Actually dtd today in the hopes that it might kickstart labiur but nothing. Was a real effort tbh and felt like a beached whale!

Congratulations melann, your little girl is gorgeous x

Melann she is adorable <3

still no sign here

No signs here either. Got another sweep at 3 up at the hospital. 2nd of 3. Feel shattered cos I was up with insomnia and bad hips alot if the night. Luckily I can relax today as my ds is at his nannas and she's keeping him til we get back from hospital x

Good luck with your 2nd sweep Dela

Anyone else apart from myself and twag waiting for their babies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->