• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Jelly Beans 2014!

Well, at the hospital. No baby yet. Got the cervix ripener at 6pm yesterday. Contractions got stronger around 2, water began to leak, fully breaking around four. There was meconium, not unusual at 9 days overdue. Without pitocin the cintractions got very strong and by 6am I was 3cm (the ripener I got doesn't work for everyone, so they were pleased.) contractions got very strong. I was doing really well breathing through them. But at some point they were no longer stopping, completely nonstop. I was becoming disoriented and couldn't move. The tub helped for awhile, but they were back to back for over an hour and the nurse became concerned that I'd pass out. So now I have an epidural and they started low dose pitocin to make sure contractions didn't stall out. Not what I originally intended, but it is what it is. Nurse is hopeful she'll arrive by 7. I'll be checked shortly. Before the epidural and pitocin I was 5cm. Keep praying for us!

Little whinge here: DS1 had another croup attack last night. :( It was the 2nd in 6 weeks. Thankfully we were prepared for it, but scary nevertheless.

Then this evening he's been sick everywhere. :( Poor big brother.

Not quite how I imagined our 1st few weeks as a family of four to be. *sigh*

Melann good luck hope your baby girl is here soon :dust:

Pip sorry to hear your boy is ill :hugs:

Piperette- Poor kiddo! Sickness has been going around everywhere around here. Really hoping we don't get hit!

melann- Praying for you girl! I hope that baby makes her way soon! Sorry it didn't go quite as planned. Some babies are just stubborn!

Woo hoo it's finally my due date!! :happydance: nothing of significance happening really, had awful backache in the night. Feeling rough this morning and just really really want a good sleep! Got to take my son to get his latest vaccinations at lunch time and the thought of it feels a bit much at the moment. I don't drive so will have to either walk or get the bus. Hopefully once I'm up and dressed I will feel more human!

Piperrete hope,your son feels better,my son was I'll all last week. It's hard work esp with a new baby.

Melann I hope that you a now cuddling your baby girl! :hugs:

Any news from melann?

Still nothing happening here. Starting to feel like I will be one of the last ones left here! X

Del, your little man will sooo be worth the wait.

Thanks pip. I am excited to meet him. Even though its my due date I still am finding it surreal to think I could have him anytime! This whole pregnancy has flown by. During the night I feel like I've had enough and am so ready cos I am so uncomfortable but during the day I don't feel as bad.

Dela i will be right here with you :hugs:

Due date is Sunday. I am getting anxiety about hitting that date. I have been weepy all day. I just want to go into labor. Is that too much to ask? :p

Not long to my sweep! Feeling nervous! Need to try and do a pee sample, I keep going and forgetting to do it! Least my OH is off this afternoon in case I feel crampy or anything he can look after ds.

Hope everyone else is well xxx

Exciting, Del. Fingers crossed it will kick things off for you. :coffee:

Felicity Jo FINALLY arrived at 7:45 on the 23rd, 39 hours after being admitted for induction, 29 hours after my water broke. By that point I was 41+4. The wonderful thing is that she has a full head of hair and is very alert. Feedin is going very well so far too, which is why I was so afraid of drugs. But the epidural was definitely necessary in this case and after 3 hrs of pushing, they assisted with the suction which got her out in 2 more contractions. Will take good pictures soon, we've just been staring at her gorgeousness. 8lbs 4oz. 21 inches

Woohoo, congrats melann and welcome to the world, Felicity Jo. :happydance: What a beautiful name too.

Congrats Melann

Dela good luck i am very jealous of your sweep

AFM no sign yet :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back