January Jelly Beans 2014!

I haven't been posting in a while as things got really busy in the last few months, but I just wanted to say congrats to all the moms whose LOs have arrived and good luck to those still waiting, and to report that our LO arrived last Wednesday, just one day after his due date. :)

The first week was rough (breastfeeding troubles leading to him losing a little more weight than ideal, and a lot of stress getting on track), but I think (knock on wood!) we've turned a corner. Won't know for sure until the midwife appointment on Monday. *fingers crossed* Other than that he has been the sweetest baby ever. :awww:

Here's Lucas (in his most frequent state):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
Having contractions about 20 min apart and some bloody show - hope this is it for me!

Good luck Flowers

Congratulations Sorsha

10 days overdue i have been spotting since Wednesday but still no baby so induction Monday is looking very likely :(

My baby finally arrived on Friday 31st. Isaac Anthony was born via water birth weighing 8lb at 6.52pm. He had the cord around his neck and around his body so it was a bit traumatic at the end and hes very mucusy because of it. Been feeding in bits and pieces. He looks massive compared to his brother when he was born. I had to have stitches and feel pretty rough.

Good luck to the ladies left x

Congratulations Del and welcome to the world, Isaac Anthony.

I wondered with your silence if you'd had him, Del. Looks like he decided to be a January baby after all. :winkwink: Now get some rest and enjoy your boys.

Congrats Del! Great job with the water birth. I also had stitches which is still bothering me even after more than 2 weeks.
With regards to breastfeeding, I used the Lansinoh (?) - pure Lanolin nipple cream from day 1. Works perfect for me, at least for these past 2 weeks, LO has been feeding well and I don't have any kind of nipple pain. If u have tried it before, maybe u can switch to another brand.. That's what the midwife told me.

I too use lanisoh. My nipples did chap and bleed at the beginning. I found that putting the lanolin on before showers helped. Once the first round of skin came off they've been doing much better. They stung horribly for about 4 days but now barely any pain. I have only been using the lanisoh once a day or so now. 9 days old!! Good luck ladies!

Congratulations Dela

still pregnant guess baby didn't want to be a January Jelly Bean :(

Thanks ladies. So exhausted, isaac had such a good first night then last night really made up for it! Think im lucky if I managed an hour sleep in total. He really is struggling with mucus bless him and then he was feeding for over an hr at a time. Still a learning curve as we discovered his feed me cry is like a scream of pain! A bit disturbing at 2am. He is so lovely though. Will try to post a photo x

Just a quick one to say good luck twag for your induction tomorrow. Xxx

Good luck and quick labour dust for tomorrow, twag. Can't wait to see pics of your LO.

BF'ing went pretty smoothly with DS1. So much so that he BF until last May when he was 33 months.

First night with DS2 was great, but 2nd was quite exhausting as the milk wasn't in and with him being quite a heavy baby at birth, he was VERY hungry and unsettled that night. Thankfully the milk came in the next morning and MW said I had done a great job just keep giving him the breast even though there wasn't much there for him duri g the night. The frequent putting him on that night was not too great for my nipples though and they were extremely sore for about a week or so. Used some Lansinoh and thankfully all is going well with the feeding now.

So, had my baby!!! Kayden Joseph was born at 10:58 am weighing 8 pounds, 10.2 oz and 20 1/2 inches long - over a pound bigger than his sister!! Contractions started around 3:30 am, weren't very painful.. 20 minutes apart, semi-regular but thought they were just braxton hicks. Had a few and woke up hubby around 4:30 in the morning, telling him I might be going into labor in a day or so and that I was having trouble sleeping. I sat on my birth ball and we played a few games of monopoly on the Xbox until 6am. By now contractions were 15 min apart and more painful, but I thought they were constipation pains, to be honest. I felt enormous pressure, similar to being constipated.. but couldn't go! I called my mom and had her come down just in case.. she arrived around 8am. By then I'd taken a bath and was now having pains 7 mins apart, but I could still manage them. I was still in denial a little, since my daughters labor had been more intense. 8:30 am we hopped in the car for our 45 min trip to hospital, which turned into an hour trip due to slick roads. By the time I got in the car there was so much pressure I could hardly walk, and still I was convinced I needed the bathroom and would have to use it before he came. As soon as car ride started, contractions were a mere 3 min apart, but still manageable. I talked and joked between them, finally thinking I was in true labor. We got to the hospital around 9:30am and checked into the ER, but ended up waiting for 15 minutes for someone to take me up to L&D... all while I stood there rocking through contractions! 10am and a nurse finally checked me, expecting me to be 4 or 5 cm.. I was at 9!! Her eyes got huge and she told me not to move, that if my waters went it'd be time to push. I was wheeled into a delivery room and waters broken at 10:30 or so, once the midwide arrived from her house. I started to become very scared, knowing how bad pushing would hurt.. after almost half hour of pushing and screaming, and one minor tear that didn't need stitches, Kayden Joseph came into the world!! And to think I thought he was a poop..

Attachments

• 598740_10100898391977447_1737282113_n.jpg
    598740_10100898391977447_1737282113_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1656305_10100898388369677_595201676_n.jpg
    1656305_10100898388369677_595201676_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1689252_10100898393195007_1230109177_n.jpg
    1689252_10100898393195007_1230109177_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1795489_10202442922970620_167555104_n.jpg
    1795489_10202442922970620_167555104_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
Congratulations Flower

Induction today hoping it goes to plan & he gives in with his stubborn baby routine lol
thanks for the well wishes ladies i will update when I can

Thinking of twag. Wonder if she is in labour right now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"