January Jelly Beans 2014!

Yes you'll be testing when fasting and after every meal i had just had an A1C which came back normal but they want to make sure it stays that way if not am going back on insulin am not officially diagnosed with RA but my dr said that's what it may be since I have joint inflammation :( so am on prednisone for it although they say your symptoms may get better during pregnancy (still waiting on that one, although there are days am feeling good others my hands hurt )

I had my last A1C in march which was 7.5ish which had gone up from 6.4 so working on getting that down again atm. I only take metformin myself, hopefully I won't have to go on insulin.

I hope it does. Mine isn't too bad atm but it's my knees I have a problem with which I could see being a problem when I'm further on if the symptoms don't get better. I've not been officially diagnosed yet either but there was some narrowing in my joint space on my knees so they're sure theres some sort of arthritis there. GP seemed convinced it was inflammatory despite bloods showing no inflammation. :shrug:

I've been having trouble sleeping as well, going to sleep I have no problem (unless I wake up in the middle of the night to pee) and I've been getting up super early. Of course last night I was completely ready for bed at 6 but I made myself wait until my daughter went to bed at 7:30 lol

I've also been dealing with persistant heartburn already, I don't remember it this early from my last pregnancy but I didn't have a journal for my pregnancy so I don't have anything to look back on. :\

It is definitely worth it though and I know it won't last forever. Bring on second trimester and some more energy!

Over the counter antihistamines are perfectly fine, I need to take them regular for chronic allergies. I usually take prescription antihistamines but not whilst pregnant :nope: So blurghhh.. suffering :wacko:

Early wake ups not a problem here - waking up full stop is the problem :haha: :dohh:

And motion sickness is minging :sick: Joys of pregnancy huh :haha:

I haven't been having any problems falling asleep but I do wake up a few times a night to pee! :) My problem is that I don't want to get up in the morning. LOL During the week I have to be up for work by 5ish and then on the weekend I have an active 2 year old who likes to wake up by 6. So it seems I'm not getting enough sleep. I may try to take a nap today when my little one does! :) Hopefully second trimester will be a blessing and I'll have more energy.

Hi ladies, can I join you all?! Got a faint positive last Saturday after feeling a little off but wanted to make sure I wasn't having a chemical before coming over lol.

How is everyone feeling? I'm already feeling so tired all the time and nauseous too which is weird cos I didn't feel like that with DD until around 7 weeks :wacko:

Salamander my A1C was 5.1 in march and 5.2 in May am on low dose metformin too but told to increase if necessary about the insulin from what they told me was that I might need to towards the end of my pregnancy if it gets to bad but FX it stays in a good range

Welcome Shelli and Congrats !!!!

I've had a really itchy phlegmy throat recently maybe it is a symptom...

Anyone else feeling really fat? I have lost weight from my legs and bum resulting in my bloated belly looking huge. It's my first baby I was hoping to not look like I'm nearly due!

With all of my pregnancies, even the ones ended in losses, waking early was always a sign

Went to bed at 3a and woke up at 7a - wide awake! That cannot last because it makes my days drag and I'm exhausted all throughout the day. And naps aren't possible because I work evening shift. :(

Welcome Shelli!

Anyone else feeling really fat? I have lost weight from my legs and bum resulting in my bloated belly looking huge. It's my first baby I was hoping to not look like I'm nearly due!

I've been bloated since my first pregnancy (the bloat just never went away after the MC--crazy hormones :wacko: ) and it's only gotten worse with the new pregnancy. I'm hoping the bloat will go down in the second trimester as seems to happen for most people!

Could use some good thoughts--got some brown discharge when I wiped just a little while ago. :( I know that can be totally normal, but I can't help being nervous.

Welcome Shelli!

I've been bloated since my first pregnancy (the bloat just never went away after the MC--crazy hormones :wacko: ) and it's only gotten worse with the new pregnancy. I'm hoping the bloat will go down in the second trimester as seems to happen for most people!

Could use some good thoughts--got some brown discharge when I wiped just a little while ago. :( I know that can be totally normal, but I can't help being nervous.

Fingers crossed all is fine, brown blood is old blood remember :hugs:

Sorsha I hope the brown discharge goes away :hugs:

Congratulations shell :happydance:

want2bemommy havew I missed a scan announcement, are you expecting twins this pregnancy??? :flower:

Im just fat :rofl: with George I lost a stone by the end of my pregnancy and another in the first week soooooo Im hoping for more of the same :rofl: No bloat or bump here just blubber :haha:

Sorsha, I hope the bleeding doesn't mean anything xx

Lucy529- You're A1C is really good! I'm jealous lol I was only diagnosed a year ago so still working on keeping it down. I'm only taking half the total dose of metformin you can take in a day so I assume docs gonna up that. Never used insulin so hoping I won't have to go on it.

Welcome shelli :) Congrats!

Hi ladies, I'm new! I have a 9 mo daughter and we are expectig number 2 now. This pregnancy was diagnosed as a chemical, because my OB doesn't know how to listen, only to later turn into a sticky bean! I am 4+2 today and sick as a dog with either allergies or a cold. I can't tell if the fatigue is from PG or the upper respiratory infection I've got!

I'm spotting too shelli but it seems to be a little more when i over do it am going to talk to my boss about taking easy at work i do laundry and yestereday there was more than just a twinge but after i sat down it stopped and haven't had anything today so am going to be careful until my next apt on thursday

so today i was going to buy a journal and decorate it myself for my baby but as i looked at it and checked out cute stickers to put on it i couldn't buy it the fear that i might lose my baby took over me and i just walked out of the store. :( i am hoping that on thursday when i have my u/s it will reassure me that everything is ok. do you guys think this is normal or am i being crazy?

Sorsha, I hope the bleeding doesn't mean anything xx

Lucy529- You're A1C is really good! I'm jealous lol I was only diagnosed a year ago so still working on keeping it down. I'm only taking half the total dose of metformin you can take in a day so I assume docs gonna up that. Never used insulin so hoping I won't have to go on it.

Welcome shelli :) Congrats!

i was no longer considered diabetic medically from what my dr told me but now that there is a baby involved they just want to be careful, i was on insulin shots they can get on your nerves bc you kinda have to figure out what you are going to eat and then figure out the amount of insulin you are going to need.
i hope that you won't need it either am watching my carb intake trying to be good hoping that that will be enought to control it

Yes every time I come onto this thread, there's new pages of posting probably missed it LOL it's twins!

Carried my toddlers for about 3 minutes today, together they weigh a little more than 70 pounds. My back is now killing me, should have known better! Time for a late afternoon nap <3

There's a lot to catch up on!! I see we've had a lot of positive doctors appointments and scans! :thumbup: I don't know if it's just me, but these last 2 weeks have flown by, I have my days were I feel so early and it's a long time until my doctors appointment and then I see that I've pasted 8 weeks! I found out I was pregnant at barely 3 weeks so it's an amazing feeling to me.

:D

Still a little brown spotting, not better but not worse. *sigh* I haven't even met my midwife yet, but if it continues, I don't know if I'll be able to wait the week and a half until my appointment--I might call her and see if the clinic can book me an early ultrasound now just so I can check what's going on. For my sanity, if nothing else!

In better news, I was feeling very queasy and so tried out the Sea Bands I picked up, and within a half an hour the nausea was totally gone! (And I was suddenly hungry, heh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->