January Jelly Beans 2014!

Anyone else find they're getting motion sickness when they didn't use to? I've been feeling incredibly queasy while reading on the bus, even though I'm usually totally fine (and I wasn't queasy at all before I got on the bus :p ).

Anyone else find they're getting motion sickness when they didn't use to? I've been feeling incredibly queasy while reading on the bus, even though I'm usually totally fine (and I wasn't queasy at all before I got on the bus :p ).

Me too. Dh was driving and I was texting and had to stop because I cas getting car sick.

I did last pregnancy. Im a paramedic and was stuck riding in the back of the ambulance, facing the back of the truck (where the only seat with a seatbelt is back there) and I was having to write patient records or contend with slate beer smelling people... not to mention when they were throwing up back there.. lol So glad Im able to skip that this time around!

Ugh...my boobs!!!! I have big ones so they keep getting in the way and hurt

Hope I havent caused confusion if that last post of mine was read wrong. I meant that I will be 10 weeks pregnant on 24th June when I go for my first scan! Just got my letter today. So glad as I thought I may have had to wait longer.

Thats my 12 week scan too!! :happydance::happydance:

Welcome to all new people. Why can't I seem to lie in anymore? Always wakening early and can't get back to sleep.
So today I am at a wedding all day so inlaws minding my dd. wedding is quite close to home so how am I going to get away with not having a drink without people finding out???
Told our parents yesterday which went great. Mine were so happy!!! Another weight lifted off shoulder.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I've been getting motion sickness too, and I'm soo emotional....one of my girls wanted their daddy instead of me when they fell and I felt like crying.
Does anyone else have a larger family? I already have 4 girls.
I haven't made booking in appointment with my midwife as at our surgery they seem peeved if you book it too soon, I figure if I go at 8/9 weeks it'll give them plenty of time to arrange my 12 week scan.

Ugh...my boobs!!!! I have big ones so they keep getting in the way and hurt

Same! I woke up this morning to find I'd rolled onto my stomach in my sleep.. OUCH :dohh:

Has anyone had a scratchy throat? I only found out I was pg on wednesday and twice since then I've woken up coughing because of a scratch in my throat. Wondering if it's pregnancy related or if I'm getting a cold? :shrug:

Welcome to all new people. Why can't I seem to lie in anymore? Always wakening early and can't get back to sleep.
So today I am at a wedding all day so inlaws minding my dd. wedding is quite close to home so how am I going to get away with not having a drink without people finding out???
Told our parents yesterday which went great. Mine were so happy!!! Another weight lifted off shoulder.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Tell them you're on antibiotics?

Well, I'm glad to know it's not just me with the motion sickness and sorry to hear so many of you all are experiencing that too!

I'm having an awful time sleeping too... Waking up periodically through the night, and finding it hard to get back to sleep once it's early morning, even when I'm still really tired. I've taken to having naps in the middle of the day just to catch up on my rest, when possible.

Has anyone had a scratchy throat? I only found out I was pg on wednesday and twice since then I've woken up coughing because of a scratch in my throat. Wondering if it's pregnancy related or if I'm getting a cold? :shrug:

I've had a sticky-feeling throat on and off the last few days, but it might be that I'm getting a cold. DH has one. :( I hope not, but I've read that it's easier to get sick when you're pregnant.

Edit: I feel the need to say that in spite of all the various unpleasantnesses, I am still very very happy to be pregnant, heh. Maybe this is nature's way of making sure we really think it's worth it? ;)

Well, I'm glad to know it's not just me with the motion sickness and sorry to hear so many of you all are experiencing that too!

I'm having an awful time sleeping too... Waking up periodically through the night, and finding it hard to get back to sleep once it's early morning, even when I'm still really tired. I've taken to having naps in the middle of the day just to catch up on my rest, when possible.

I've had a sticky-feeling throat on and off the last few days, but it might be that I'm getting a cold. DH has one. :( I hope not, but I've read that it's easier to get sick when you're pregnant.

Edit: I feel the need to say that in spite of all the various unpleasantnesses, I am still very very happy to be pregnant, heh. Maybe this is nature's way of making sure we really think it's worth it? ;)

Ahh really hope I'm not getting a cold :nope: I have a terrible immune system anyway (diabetic) so it's possible. Although I don't think I've been near anyone with a cold but you never know.

I've also been waking up a lot it's so annoying! haha definitely worth it though :thumbup:

Me too I work afternoons in bed by 10-10:30 and up at 3-4 to pee then can't back to sleep :/ my hubs is up at 5-6 for work so that does help sometimes I manage to go back to sleep but mostly not since I make him breakfast and pack his lunch but when I do manage to take a nap after he's gone I have my little pup attached to my side too I think he senses something lol

Salamander I was diabetic but they're making me watch my sugars more again I thought I was done with all the pricking but I have had a runny nose before my BFP it seems like I have a never ending cold :( I also take RA meds which lower my immune system even more so am extra careful around sick people

Me too I work afternoons in bed by 10-10:30 and up at 3-4 to pee then can't back to sleep :/ my hubs is up at 5-6 for work so that does help sometimes I manage to go back to sleep but mostly not since I make him breakfast and pack his lunch but when I do manage to take a nap after he's gone I have my little pup attached to my side too I think he senses something lol

Salamander I was diabetic but they're making me watch my sugars more again I thought I was done with all the pricking but I have had a runny nose before my BFP it seems like I have a never ending cold :( I also take RA meds which lower my immune system even more so am extra careful around sick people

We sound like we're very similar health wise lol I'm type 2 diabetic so I don't have to test that much but I'll probably be told to test more when I see the doc. I was recently diagnosed with some sort of inflammatory arthritis too, I have my first rheumatologist appointment on Friday so I'm not on any meds just yet.

We sound like we're very similar health wise lol I'm type 2 diabetic so I don't have to test that much but I'll probably be told to test more when I see the doc. I was recently diagnosed with some sort of inflammatory arthritis too, I have my first rheumatologist appointment on Friday so I'm not on any meds just yet.

Yes you'll be testing when fasting and after every meal i had just had an A1C which came back normal but they want to make sure it stays that way if not am going back on insulin am not officially diagnosed with RA but my dr said that's what it may be since I have joint inflammation :( so am on prednisone for it although they say your symptoms may get better during pregnancy (still waiting on that one, although there are days am feeling good others my hands hurt )

I didn't realize waking early was pregnancy related! I'm finally on summer break (yay for being a teacher!) and I'm hoping I can sleep in a bit since I've been so sleepy. The last few weeks though I've been up as early or even earlier than my normal work time...so unfair, lol!

Those asking about colds...I had a terrible dry cough early on, but it only lasted a week. Now I seem to only have allergy issues but I'm not comfortable taking allergy medicine in the first tri. Anyone else have bad hay fever/allergies? My dr swears flatiron and benadryl are fine to take but I'm trying my best to not take medicines unless absolutely necessary. I think I'm super paranoid with this being my first baby and it taking so long to get here.

I've had trouble trying to sleep too and i used to be able to hold my pee until the morning but not anymore...i wake up at 2-3 am and then try to fall back to sleep which i usually do, but then i have to get up at 5:30-6:00 am to go to work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->