January Jellybeans 2013!...

jealous of all the fruit jumpers!!

have fun today sassy!

ladies in the US.... are/did you get the DS/trisomy 18 blood tests done? Its optional and im kinda scared to do it but i want to know.... I would get it done at my next apt which i would be 16 weeks along

I think im getting that at my next appt...

I did the tests only because they do ultrasound & blood tests. The results dont matter to me either way. I wouldn't terminate. I also wouldn't do further testing like cvs or amnio if the other tests showed increased risk.

So ya basically I did it but only for the ultrasounds. :thumbup:

Is that the same as quad screening? Im getting some blood tests called quad screen or something

I did the tests only because they do ultrasound & blood tests. The results dont matter to me either way. I wouldn't terminate. I also wouldn't do further testing like cvs or amnio if the other tests showed increased risk.

So ya basically I did it but only for the ultrasounds. :thumbup:

haha! Yea! If they need to check anything out, you get to peak. That was how we found out DD was a girl! lol! I was 17 weeks at the time. Gotta love reasons to look in there and see tiny!

I think that might be what they call it. My first test was at 12 weeks and then they will test me again Monday. But not all places do both u/s and bloodwork. :thumbup:

Is that the same as quad screening? Im getting some blood tests called quad screen or something

Yes I believe so except they test for a fourth substance instead of just three.
https://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/quadscreen.html

Ok, thats the testing im having done next week : )

No ultrasound with that but i am getting y anomaly scan sometime in the next 2 weeks!

jealous of all the fruit jumpers!!

have fun today sassy!

ladies in the US.... are/did you get the DS/trisomy 18 blood tests done? Its optional and im kinda scared to do it but i want to know.... I would get it done at my next apt which i would be 16 weeks along

I got the blood tests done. With DD, she had a very slight elevation in her neural tube levels and they did an ultrasound and she was fine so I chose to do it this time too. I haven't gotten the results back yet. I had the test done at 12 weeks so I assume I will be getting the results today.

FWIW, I declined all genetic testing. Personal preference and the feeling that it wouldn't change anything in my L&D plan. I am not at all nervous not doing the testing as there is nothing you can do about it those genetic diseases even if diagnosed in utero. If it would potentially cause you to terminate your pregnancy or it would ease your mind, then do it. However, in my experience there's always the next thing to worry about on the horizon so good test results may only alleviate your concerns for a short period.

I hate waiting! lol :haha: 2 seems like such a long time to wait to go to the doctor. Maybe I should have made it in the morning so I could go and do this already! I just want to hear tiny's heartbeat. :cloud9:

I have my midwife's appointment tomorrow, then i'm hoping i can get my gender scan booked for the 9th of August which will put me between 19 & 20 weeks. Cant wait!!

Me ish an Orange!!

Yesterday I searched on Craiglist for baby hug swings. Found a lady close by that was selling 2 for $19 each. She had a big one and a portable one. Both are in excellent condition and are pretty cool with lights and music while baby rocks. It might be a little early but man was it a good deal!

Me ish an Orange!!

Yesterday I searched on Craiglist for baby hug swings. Found a lady close by that was selling 2 for $19 each. She had a big one and a portable one. Both are in excellent condition and are pretty cool with lights and music while baby rocks. It might be a little early but man was it a good deal!

Love a good deal! I bought $119 worth of clothes at Babys'r'us for $16! It felt great!!!

ugh! I'm trying to get ready to go to my appt and I feel so sick. Maybe cold water will help it settle. I feel like I am going to throw up at any second. :dohh:

Eat some crackers? Chew on gum, suck on sour candies? These were helpful for me!

Yay, got my DS test results back (finally) and baby has a 1 in 45075 chance of having DS. The result wouldn't have changed anything for us, but we just wanted to know either way so we could be prepared. :)

Can't wait to move Saturday to my new home next door is a party house 24/7 and my 5 year old got bit and slapped by these kids that never have any parents home and they have their 16 year old watch all 5 kids under age of 10 who bully the whole block

Sorry about the rant it just makes me mad plus my son still has the marks on him !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->