*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I imagine you've already looked into it quite a bit, but this seems pretty straight forward- https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1111.aspx?CategoryID=54#close
Now, something like CMV would make me more worried if you've never had it...

I personally try to stay away from anything like that because I have asthma, so doctors say I'm in a "high risk" group... (same as children and elderly. go figure.)

I always went with 13:3 for 2nd trimester.

Ok ladies. I need advice. I have my monthly midwife appt tomorrow so of course I will be asking her. But I'm slightly stressing. My feet are already swelling. Granted I did fracture my foot at the end of April. But it's both of them. If I stand for long periods or walk, Ect. I'm going to try lime or lemon water to help. But I'm worried this is a sign of things to come. :-(

My feet swell constantly even when I'm not pregnant as soon as they get slightly warm, I can't even wear socks in winter it's that bad!! There are sprays that you can buy over the counter that do help me with mine xx

ttc_lolly could you change my EDD from the 11 to the 7th of January please?

Please can my due date be changed to 7th January.

Thank you

I'm having no luck at the minute after a string of things going wrong for my boyfriend and I. I was driving home yesterday from my mums and luckily only about 8 miles from home had a flat tyre in the pitch black at 11pm... Nightmare, luckily my lovely boyfriend came and rescued me, but now I have to find money for a new tyre...

Xxxxxx

Updated for both :thumbup:

Are we going to restart this group in the second tri?
As already answered, this thread is just in the pregnancy discussion section :)

This is in pregnancy discussions so doesn't need moving :)

My ticker says 2nd tri today. Is it not next week?

There's lots of different calculations, but I always go by roughly splitting it by 3, so 2nd tri around 13w and 3rd tri around 27w :thumbup:

I always went with 13:3 for 2nd trimester.

Ok ladies. I need advice. I have my monthly midwife appt tomorrow so of course I will be asking her. But I'm slightly stressing. My feet are already swelling. Granted I did fracture my foot at the end of April. But it's both of them. If I stand for long periods or walk, Ect. I'm going to try lime or lemon water to help. But I'm worried this is a sign of things to come. :-(

Definitely speak to your mw, I know a lot of ladies just retain water so easily throughout their pregnancy but of course there are some more serious complications that can include getting swollen feet, but I'm sure the risk is small, but always better to speak to a health professional and play it safe :flower:

Does anyone know anything about Hand, Foot and Mouth in Pregnancy? It's going around Tristan's nursery so I'm now worried about going there.

I don't think it's too complicated or there's any high risks during pregnancy but I'm not 100%, maybe call your mw for advice? :flower:

Thanks girls :)

I've been to the Doctors because I'm throwing up blood. He said it is my aspirin so I now have to take Omeprazole too.

He said I should be ok around Hand, Foot and Mouth because I am 12 weeks :)

Hey. Hope everyone is doing ok. Lovely scan pics ladies! This week I have felt so sick and been sick twice, not nice when you're huntched over the sink and your 2 year old is taking the mick lol. I have had chippy tea the past 2 days, just haven't felt like a home cooked meal, I can't bear to go in the fridge, it just totally stinks of meat! Yuck.
Have my 12 week scan a week today. So excited but nervous too. I was between 11 and 12 weeks when I had the mc last year so this week is nerve racking for me.
My mum tested my blood sugar the other day and it was a little high. Trying to be good but at the minute I'm not eating right.

Those already with more than 1 child, when you had your 2nd did you have any rules about visitors once you got home from hospital? I've told my OH that if me and baby have to stay in, Alex will be my first visitor and I'm not bothered once Alex has met his new brother/sister who else comes to the hospital. But our first day home I would like it to be just us 4 as a family so Alex has a bit of time with mummy, daddy and new baby. Or just ask grandparents and my sister to come later in the evening. Argh I don't know! Lol.

Hey. Hope everyone is doing ok. Lovely scan pics ladies! This week I have felt so sick and been sick twice, not nice when you're huntched over the sink and your 2 year old is taking the mick lol. I have had chippy tea the past 2 days, just haven't felt like a home cooked meal, I can't bear to go in the fridge, it just totally stinks of meat! Yuck.
Have my 12 week scan a week today. So excited but nervous too. I was between 11 and 12 weeks when I had the mc last year so this week is nerve racking for me.
My mum tested my blood sugar the other day and it was a little high. Trying to be good but at the minute I'm not eating right.

Those already with more than 1 child, when you had your 2nd did you have any rules about visitors once you got home from hospital? I've told my OH that if me and baby have to stay in, Alex will be my first visitor and I'm not bothered once Alex has met his new brother/sister who else comes to the hospital. But our first day home I would like it to be just us 4 as a family so Alex has a bit of time with mummy, daddy and new baby. Or just ask grandparents and my sister to come later in the evening. Argh I don't know! Lol.

I have my fingers crossed for you hun! must be a scary week :hugs:

yep we had rules for hospital/coming home. At hospital nobody was allowed to come and see baby until Seth had been in and both of my parents had been. When we came home we told everyone that nobody was allowed to visit for a week so seth had a chance to get used to the new routine and get to know baby.

this time will be the same depending on how things go. I am hoping for a VBAC and to get out of hospital after only 6 hours... in which case the boys probably wont be coming to the hospital... so NOBODY will be allowed to come into the hospital. The first people to meet baby will be the boys and DH (DH will be staying at home with the boys while a friend is with me during labor). If I am kept in overnight then my friend is going to pick up DH and the boys to come meet baby... then once they have met baby.. then parents/sister will be allowed in to meet baby and thats it. Once we are home regardless of whether people got to meet baby or not the first 2 days will be ours and ours alone again to allow seth to get used to their being a change to his new routine with baby around. After that ill allow visitors but only in short bursts.. no people staying for hours on end and demanding to have tea/coffee made for them.

The big big rule will be though no matter when someone comes that they acknowledge the boys first before they coo over baby. and if they or anybody in their house has even the slightest sniffle then they keep the hell away.

Brunette so sorry you've been so ill! I hope the new meds work xxx

Dd1 was at my in law's while I had dd2, then dh picked her up and collected us from hospital. I didn't want any visitors but nobody listened and we had family in and out all day.
This time will be totally different. If baby is not too big I am having a home birth so that the girls can be there, we live 100 miles away from family now and I am not telling anyone that I have had the baby until it is at least a day old, and don't want visitors for a couple of days. And like you said Tara, they better aknowledge the girls 1st xx

Dd1 was at my in law's while I had dd2, then dh picked her up and collected us from hospital. I didn't want any visitors but nobody listened and we had family in and out all day.
This time will be totally different. If baby is not too big I am having a home birth so that the girls can be there, we live 100 miles away from family now and I am not telling anyone that I have had the baby until it is at least a day old, and don't want visitors for a couple of days. And like you said Tara, they better aknowledge the girls 1st xx

I had to do that with Ethan! I didnt tell anyone that my section was at 38+6.. they all thought it was a week later.. the only people who knew were my mum and dad (mum had Seth), my sister as she was at the appointment with me when it was booked and dh lol. We waited until that night to announce he was born.

Hopefully be doing the same this time. my friend is going through her driving lessons/test so she will take me when its time and hopefully bring me right back home again once its all over. If i do get to go home after 4/6 hours i will just announce once were home and settled as i know nobody will come all the way over here ... and if they did.. theyd get turned away anyway lol x

Lol, funny how we change with each baby, I wanted everyone to visit dd1 but now I just want my husband and children. Think I'm getting anti social lol, I can't be arsed with people irl. Plus some people were a bit cheeky when we announced so now I think "well fck you, you won't be visiting"lol xx

its not anti social hun.. you just dont realise that first time the hell its going to be if everyone comes in and out all the time. Thankfully i've never had that.. apart from when seth was 2 days old and i was discharged i had my parents and my sister/bil and their 3 kids all in my house!! I didnt even get a seat on one of my sofas! I was made to sit on the bloody floor.. and then made to leave Seth with DH and walk out to the chinese!! So i am very strict with my rules after that :haha: and if people dont like it i just say tough shit lol x

Thanks.
I just don't know what to do. I know I have until jan to think about it anyway. With Alex we were out of hospital within a few hours and lived with my parents and sister, then FIL and MIL (seperated) came to see him. I'm close with my parents and sister so would like to see them. My mum will be having Alex when I go into labour. I know none of them would ignore Alex so I am not worried about that. I guess it will all depend when we come out of hospital I suppose. I just know I want the first few hours just the 4 of us.
Its something I'll have to discuss with OH because he will have to let his parents know the rules.

gotta love the inlaws welsh ;) my inlaws gave DH drunk abusive phone calls the night i had Seth! because they weren't allowed straight upto the hospital to see him or the day after. they didnt even think of the fact id just had a pretty traumatic birth or that i myself hadnt seen him that first night.. they only cared about themselves. x

its not anti social hun.. you just dont realise that first time the hell its going to be if everyone comes in and out all the time. Thankfully i've never had that.. apart from when seth was 2 days old and i was discharged i had my parents and my sister/bil and their 3 kids all in my house!! I didnt even get a seat on one of my sofas! I was made to sit on the bloody floor.. and then made to leave Seth with DH and walk out to the chinese!! So i am very strict with my rules after that :haha: and if people dont like it i just say tough shit lol x

wow!! People can seriously be that rude?! My dad went for mine and OH's chippy tea when I got out of hospital, none of my family would of allowed me to walk for the tea. Gawd I'm gobsmacked x

My inlaws are ok. But the fact that we live far away now is fab, lol. Only downside is that my mum travels up here a lot for work and just pops in when it suits her. She will be getting told that I don't want her here everyday. We don't really get on, she irritates me a lot!!! Xx

That is really rude. My stepmum brought us a steak pie and micro veg so that we didn't have to cook and my sis brought m&s meals.
We had chicken kebab and chips from chippy tho lol xx

oh yes! or at least my family lol.

It even went that far that my mum and sister walked off too fast and moaned at me for not keeping up :S i was like erm.. i just had a baby... they just had to cut me down there and did some pretty bad damage!

oh gosh hun.. my folks dont live that far away but they dont visit often at all. the only person i have to worry about his time is a new friend (the one who will be with me) because shes more excited than me just now lol so will have to keep reminding her that because of seths Autism he needs time to adjust before people come round a lot x

This is why I'm so happy to be due around a holiday again. Lol. Everyone has plans and they don't bombard me. Dd was born. Well today 10 years ago!! So there were a lot of picnics and stuff. DS was born around Memorial Day. So again a lot happening. This time. Christmas and New Years. I'm honestly hoping to go in between those days!!! That way it will just be us.

I can't understand how people can be so rude. My family was the obnoxious opposite. When DS was born they all came up from Philly and fussed over both of us. How can you tell them to leave when they are propping your feet up and cooking for you!!!

oh my gosh id have loved that Pix! lol I got left with the mess after my lot visited :( ha i was still trying to catch up a few weeks later.

Yeah i think it is going to be nice being due january :D Everyone is going to be busy or broke so wont be upto traveling around much :haha:

A big happy 10th birthday to your daughter hun! :cake:

Depending on whether i get to go right upto my due date and have my VBAC this baby could come on either my mum or friends birthdays.. lol that would be an interesting one.. hopefully he/she comes on neither of those days. xx

Happy birthday to your daughter xx
I think I'll go about 28th December xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"