*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

oooo all the excitement of christmas going to set you off??

I cant wait till christmas this year even though ill be huge by then lol. xx

10 weeks today. Still hadn't heard from the hospital about booking appointments so gave them a ring. Despite seeing her over two weeks ago and her saying she would do it that day, it seems my gp did not do a referral! So glad my mum said to call - I was delaying as I didn't want to seem obnoxious! Feeling rather annoyed. I'm sure it will all get sorted out on the wash!

oh my gosh hun thats terrible! Im glad you rang. hopefully they manage to get it all sorted out quickly! :hugs:

Such a great morning! Woke up and didn't feel sick for the first time in 8 weeks! (hope it lasts). I even had enough energy to go for a kayak before work. :) Funny, I'm having the most unbelievable craving for pancakes...I'm obsessed...PANCAKES!!!

Zoe was born 34+5 & Zara 38+5 so think I'll be early again. Doc said I won't get to go past 40 weeks as girls were big for their gestation(6,13.5 & 9,6) xx

Glad you phoned Izzie.
Great scan Missy.
Well done on the kayaking Trish. I can't stop eating corn on the cob xx

Glad you phoned Izzie.
Great scan Missy.
Well done on the kayaking Trish. I can't stop eating corn on the cob xx

thank you wasn't even a 3d scan then he was like ill put it on see what we can see happy moment i still can't believe I'm pregnant lol

Had my appointment yesterday. Was supposed to be 12 weeks 2 days but scan shows 13 weeks 2 days..baby was kicking around in there. Felt so surreal. HB was 170. I have an NT scan on Monday and feeling sick and nervous about it now blah!

We are breaking news to family tomorrow as we are leaving for Miami tonight to go spend the weekend with them

Enjoy telling family sunshine and enjoy your trip xx

Hey ladies!!! I hope everyone is doing well!!!

I have had a couple really bad weeks. First, I lost my job and I'm 100% positive it's because I'm pregnant. I was practically forced out the door and my job was made beyond unreasonable ever since I told my boss I'm pregnant. We did end up working out a deal where I would stay and train my replacement in exchange he would approve unemployment. (This would allow me to keep my job until about November, as it's a lot to train someone on.) I know if I took him to court over this I would win, without a doubt. But to be honest, it's not worth the time, stress or money. I'd rather just move on. In a way, this has kind of worked out for the best. I wouldn't of had a ton of time built up for maternity leave, so money would be very tight. Now this way, I'm really just taking maternity leave 2 months early, will be paid throughout and even a for a couple of months after the baby is born. But here's the problem...about 6 months ago I spoke to my boss about going back to school and he gave me his blessing. We spoke about how I would need to move around my schedule sometimes, but would take as many evening/online classes as I could. He was more than ok with it. Gave me his blessing and even told me he was proud of me. So I enrolled. This was one of the problems we ran into. All of a sudden this wasn't ok and that was that. So I went from having a very flexible boss to a boss that could care less. I've already enrolled and will be completing my second semester in a month. This will only better myself and my family and I won't give up on this dream of mine. So instead now I will have to work a part-time job, be a full-time student and a full-time mom. It's going to be tough. Not impossible, but really tough. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband and I'll do whatever I need to do in order to provide for my family, continue going to school and graduating. It will be 2.5 years of hell, but all worth it in the end. Moving on.....one of the other issues I ran into at work is my previously approved time off in August is no longer approved. My best friend is getting married, I'm her MOH and her family planned her bridal shower around when I would be traveling up to NY. I haven't had the heart to let them know I can no longer come up. It's not just not having the time off, it's also not fair to my family to spend money we really don't have anymore. So I feel like the biggest piece of crap right now. Her family is like a second family and would 100% understand, but that still doesn't take away from the guilt. In addition, I grew up in NY and was going to have a baby shower while I was there, since all my friends and a lot of my family would be there. That can get thrown out the window now. :cry:

Moving on....my brother, the only family I have close by, and I had a huge falling out because he's not making the best decisions in life and I'm too protective to not say something. I have been at rock bottom, I know what's it like. I can't just sit back and watch him throw away his life. I just can't. But he's stubborn, just like me, and won't listen to anyone. I finally came to the realization, after 2 sleepless nights that you can't change people that don't want to change and the only thing I can do, is sit back and watch. I've bailed him out of jail once and told him I would never do it again. That was his one free pass, anything else he was on his own. (He got a DWI a few years back. He's not a thief or drug addict or anything super terrible. He's an alcoholic who won't admit it and I'm afraid he's going to make the same mistake since he just got his license and car back.) We have since put the bullshit behind us but it still hurts my heart.

Moving on....my family is visiting. My mother and step-father are very heavy smokers. I was too until the day I found out I was pregnant. Being around smokers has never been a problem for me. Obviously it's not wise to be around smoke while pregnant, but they smoke outside and I decided to sit down and spend some time with them. I tried to stay away from the smoke as much as possible, (I was sitting about 15 feet away) but with my brother also being there, there were 3 heavy smokers surrounding me. The smoke wasn't bothering me and then out of nowhere, made me ill. I went inside to get away from it and for the first time all pregnancy, threw up. I think I threw up for 10 minutes straight. It hurt so bad. I couldn't breathe. I feel sooooooooo bad for anyone that has thrown up during their pregnancy. I don't think I've thrown up in like 10 years.

Moving on....I have a UTI. Fucking awesome.

Sorry for the extremely long rant everyone. I'm sure there are plenty of people that have it worse than me. Like those who can't even get pregnant. I know, I was there for a very long time....I'm very grateful for the experiences I am going through, I just needed to vent to some women who can really understand. :hugs:

Wow, you really have been dealing with a lot right now! I hope you're ok :hugs: I hope things improve with your brother; at least you know you've been honest and that your honesty comes from care. Aside from that, there's nothing else you can do.

Sorry about your job: what an ass your boss is! I wanted to respond a little to what you were saying about continuing to study. I've recently submitted my PhD thesis, and have completed it whilst looking after DS full-time and teaching/working part-time. It has been HARD! No lies, there were moments of total misery, but I'll tell you right now that the feeling of pride, self-esteem and respect that you have for yourself once you complete your course is 100% worth it. If I can do this, you absolutely can :thumbup: I had to be so disciplined, working every single night after DS went to bed (read: even less social life than normal Mums :haha:), but ahhhhh the feeling of relief when I handed my thesis in was amazing! You can do it, and if you ever want any support, or to vent about the difficulties of juggling studying and motherhood, don't hesitate to PM me on here.

I also wanted to say (and this is a wierd coincidence!) that I'm also facing the same issue with a friend's wedding (I'm MOH). It's a destination wedding and we simply cannot afford it, and I feel awful letting her down, but I have to put my family and obligations to them first. I haven't told her yet, but I'm hopeful that she'll understand. I hope we both get on ok with our wedding situations!

Thank you so much!!! And congrats on your achievements!!! Stories like yours are what keeps me going. I think of it as another 2.5 years until one of my biggest dreams comes true. 2.5 years of hell, lol. But I'll make it. :)

I wish you the best of luck with your friends wedding. I'm sure they will understand, but it doesn't stop you from feeling like crap about it. :(

Zoe was born 34+5 & Zara 38+5 so think I'll be early again. Doc said I won't get to go past 40 weeks as girls were big for their gestation(6,13.5 & 9,6) xx

ooo well fx for a little christmas baby hun :D :xmas6:

do you get GD hun or do you just make bigger babies? xx

I just make big babies apparently, lol. Xx

Congratulations on the fab scans Missy and sunshine!

hehe ab nothing wrong with a big baby... all chunky and cute <3 3 out of 4 of my sisters were all 10lb plus! although i must say id rather have my teeny tiny babies lol. although ethan was a decent size :) wonder what this one will be. This will probably be my bigger baby im going to guess xx

Zoe was only 6lb 13.5 oz, but was born at 34+5. Zara was 9lb 6oz at 38+5 but didn't look chunky. I am expecting this one to be over 10lbs lol xx

If it helps hun my sister said her biggest (10lb 6oz) was easier to push out than her smallest (8lb something).

Id love another 6lb baby but i dont think that will be happening :rofl: x

I can't complain, both my labours have been easy, no pain relief, dd1 90mins, dd2 50mins xx

My middle son stopped growing at 35 weeks but was still 6lb 8oz & my youngest was born at 39wks & was 8lb 13oz! They've told me this time (& put a chart in my notes) that from 24 weeks I have to have weekly/ fortnightly growth checks as because I'm so small (8stone when not pregnant) my youngest was very big & I suffer with spd so this time they won't let me go that big so I think this 1 will be a December baby too me & my consultant have to sit down nearer the time & discuss wether I'll go in early to be induced or go in early to have a section :-( I'm dreading having to make that decision but we'll have to decide which will be best for me & baby xx

At least they are keeping an eye on you mrs. Hopefully you won't need induction or section xx

I was induced with my eldest & middle ones & tbh it really wasn't that bad esp my 2nd 2hrs 32mins from being induced to actually having him so I can't complain, my youngest was Definatly the worst my waters broke during the night went in the next morning to get checked over as I wasn't having any pains, sent back home, pains didn't start at all until 9pm went into the hospital at 6am the following morning, even though I was fully dilated & pushing they kept saying I wasn't as he wasn't moving any lower, then his heart rate dipped dangerously low so they basically yanked him out of me, nearly had to have surgery I ripped from front to back & they actually admitted afterwards that yes I was pushing but he was clearly too big that's why he wasn't getting lower so I think if I'm given the option to go in & be induced early to save all that happening again I'd jump at the chance lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->