*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I'd gotten to the point where I was feeling better, with headaches/tiredness being my only almost-constant symptoms.

Unfortunately today I got hit by some very bad nausea. Welcome to 14 weeks? ha.

My doctor told me to take miralax for constipation (another constant symptom), but after taking it a few times (including today), I read that it's cat. c, and while tons of people are told to take it, others are told not to because of that. So, of course I'm now a bit worried... anyone have experience with it in other pregnancies?

I remember being constipated with dd, but that was at about 7 months pregnant. I never took anything for it though, always tried natural things like prunes or high fibre porridge. I'm not sure if I'm constipated now, lol, not keeping track of when I go to the loo.

I've read the headaches can be from hormones. I've had them on and off.

I do think its the hormones! My doc said yesterday that it usually happens between 12-20 weeks. I've been taking pain killers and it does not help at all, but I'm only allowed 2 pills every 6 hours. I don't want to intoxicate these babies with pain killers, so I only take 2 a day, but the pain is so bad!

Hey ladies!!!

So has anyone found out the gender yet? I went for a check up today and was hoping for an ultrasound but didn't get one. I guess I should of known that, but in the beginning of my pregnancy I was considered high risk because of previous losses and was getting an ultrasound at each appointment. Thankfully, I'm no longer considered high risk, but that means I don't get as many ultrasounds. So I decided to book a private scan and was hoping to get in this weekend. To my surprise, they had an available appointment today at 4:00. :happydance: I'm only 15w5d, but they book anytime after 15 weeks, so they said I would be good. Plus I've been measuring on the big side, so maybe I'm a little further along than we thought? They guarantee the gender reveal, so if they can't find it today, I'll come back at no charge. I get 6 pictures and a cd. And it only costs $59. I was shocked at how cheap it was!! Anyway......I hope later today I get to fill you all in!!!

Kiwi-just so you know, it's in Fayetteville and the name of the place is Little Miracles Imaging, just in case you're interested.

That wonderful that you're not considered high risk anymore: congrats! Great deal on the scan too...and so quick! Good luck with it, I hope they get a great view :)

If you're in the states, the shirt I was wearing was $4.50 at old navy- they have a bunch of markdowns right now (online too). Got another shirt for $3!

Wow..bargain!! That's awesome; I'd buy so many maternity clothes if they were that cheap here!

Hi Ladies:)

I'm just updating on my scan yesterday. Doc said everything looks normal and my chances for ds is 1/15 000! So chances are very low. Its a new doc and he didn't even measure babies, just went according to lmp and put my due date on the 25th Jan!

I go back on the 12th August to check gender, I'll be 16 weeks then and I can't wait!!!

I'm still throwing up and have BAD headaches every day! Are any of you ladies experiencing headaches?

Here are recent scans of babies, anyone wanna guess the genders? Just for fun

Beautiful scan pics! I think a girl and a boy (read: I am clueless and am hedging my bets hahaha!). I've been getting loads of headaches too, so can fully sympathise with you. I read that they're connected to progesterone levels, so take it as a sign that everything is going great (at least, that's what I tell myself as my head thumps merrily away!).

Soooooooooo.........we couldn't see!!!! :growlmad: Every time we get an ultrasound, that little baby is dancing away, spread eagle, facing forward. Yesterday it decided to sit with it's legs blocking the view, behind the placenta and eventually turning backwards and going to sleep. We've decided that since it's being very stubborn like mommy can be, it's a girl, lol. But we go back on Sunday to try again.

And we tried everything!!! Laying on my side, standing up, I went to the bathroom, jumped around a little bit, but it seemed like the more I moved, the less baby wanted anything to do with me, lol.

Just got back off holiday today, went for my scan as well. My due date is moved to 23rd Jan. Baby is quite chunky, pretty much filling my uterus and has really long legs, going to be a tall baby. Was very surreal seeing it on the screen, it slept and went shy to start with, then it woke up and started bouncing around and kicking it's legs out and waving it's arms in the air. Was cool

Hi there, had my scan yesterday been put back to 21st Jan if anyone can change that for me? Ta xx

Will change your edd's now ladies :thumbup:

Thanks Ladies, I see my midwife in a couple of weeks so will definitely discuss with her, my OH hasnt been a huge help on this as I have argued both sides so well he is now confused too lol.

Odds are in our favour, if it was genetic it would be a 25% chance of recurrance, if not then as low as 0. Worst case that is still 75% for good outcome... (this is what I am telling myself all the time).

I can only echo what the others have said :hugs: I'd have the tests jut for peace of mind xx

Soooooooooo.........we couldn't see!!!! :growlmad: Every time we get an ultrasound, that little baby is dancing away, spread eagle, facing forward. Yesterday it decided to sit with it's legs blocking the view, behind the placenta and eventually turning backwards and going to sleep. We've decided that since it's being very stubborn like mommy can be, it's a girl, lol. But we go back on Sunday to try again.

And we tried everything!!! Laying on my side, standing up, I went to the bathroom, jumped around a little bit, but it seemed like the more I moved, the less baby wanted anything to do with me, lol.

Arghh awkward baby! I hope s/he is more forthcoming on Sunday :haha: our gender scan is on Tuesday, just 5 days away now! :happydance: I'm so excited I can hardly contain it!!

We are getting the bugaboo donkey. I've wanted one for ages but couldn't justify buying it in mono mode for DD2, but now I'll get to use it in duo and then switch to mono when DD2 is ready to walk full time :) I've bought loads already and still have bits left over from before. I need to get a new breast pump, and more gender specific clothes once we know the sex but I'm pretty much ready now for a baby :lol:

ooo what a stubborn baby! I hope baby shows all at the weekend hun!

I cant wait till my gender scan! 4 weeks and 2 days to go! :dance:

ttc - aa someone was selling one of those second hand up my way.. they'd used it for a month and then decided they didnt like it.

wildchic - sorry your still feeling so rough :hugs:

Afm - 14 weeks today :dance: Hello second tri! My head hurts and my BOOBS KILL! its like someone is constantly nipping them :doh: xx

Happy 14weeks!

Wow that person is crazy! How much are they selling it for!? I'll never want to get rid of mine, ever! I might just have to keep on having babies :haha:

They want £650 for it as it has two carrycots and car seats etc its in blue.

Thank you.. baby is celebrating with me ive had constant flutters all day :D xxx

Hey ladies. It's been a while. Looks like everyone is doing amazing and the bumps are beautiful. Going to have to buy a full length mirror to show mine off!!

So. Headaches. I've been so badly down and out. Called ob because it go so bad I was gagging and nauseous from the pain. Have to see my dr for pain management. Looks like I have to do what I did before and clean up my diet. Sigh. Which is hard but worth it instead of taking meds 24/7. Day 1 so hopin it works. Bought my kurig refills to drink one cup of regular coffee to start the day. Yes. This helps me with that little demonic gremlins residing in my head!

We aren't going to find out the gender. I want a surprise this time. This weekend we are also starting to clean out the bedroom for baby. So lots happening. I bought my first baby item! A mobi wrap. :) brand new at a yard sale!!! Cleaned out a kitchen cabinet for baby bottles and pump.

It's still hard to believe that this one is going to come home. Staying positive. :)

Anyone feeling kicks yet!?! I feel something sporadically. But nothing definite yet!! Ohhh I can't wait until baby is kicking my booty!!

I swear I have been feeling a few little movements over the last couple of days, I still keep thinking om probably too early to feel it, however the baby has really long legs so there's a good chance the baby could have super strong legs too, on the scan it was giving some good sharp kicks too. Who nos. I feel very lucky that my scan picture is so clear, I think it's on of the clearest 12 week scans iv seen, just a shame I can't upload it :-(

I swear I have been feeling a few little movements over the last couple of days, I still keep thinking om probably too early to feel it, however the baby has really long legs so there's a good chance the baby could have super strong legs too, on the scan it was giving some good sharp kicks too. Who nos. I feel very lucky that my scan picture is so clear, I think it's on of the clearest 12 week scans iv seen, just a shame I can't upload it :-(

do a google for tinypic hun. you can upload them on there and then copy the code it gives you to put it in here :D

Pix - wow youre having a busy busy week! :D Im sorry your feeling so bad hun.. what kind of changes do you have to make to your diet?

I feel quite a lot of movements now :) xx

12 week scan today, gonna try and add pic! 57mm, good NT measurement. Leg waving in air. Hoping this is my take home baby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 10
Oops - upside down for some reason .... Don't know how to change that!

Izzie - I love that you can see his or her little individual toes!

12 week scan today, gonna try and add pic! 57mm, good NT measurement. Leg waving in air. Hoping this is my take home baby.

what a fantastic scan picture hun <3

Ladies... has anyone been getting hot flushes? Its been happening for about a week but its slowly getting worse for me.. one minute im fine.. and the next BAM im having a hot flush and going dizzy as hell..so much so i have to sit down before i fall down. I thought it was just normal pregnancy flushes but its getting a bit rediculous now i had to sit down half way through peeling potatoes xx

Im so jelous of all you ladies finding babies on the dopplers. We tried again last night but still cant find it ... sometimes i hate being a bigger woman :(

wishing - woohoo on your scan being brought forward! EEKK :happydance:

Sc - im sure i read somewhere the hb speeds up a little again after 12 weeks and then settles .. ill see if i can find it again on google xx

You might have an anterior placenta. I'm also plus size and have been able to find it from 11 wks. I'm not trying to frustrate you, lol, just let u know there might be valid reason u haven't been able to find it. The 1st couple of weeks I really had to look, spent like 45 min finding it. Baby seems to have settled in one spot for now, so I look there first, usually can find it within a couple of min now. Keep trying!

They want £650 for it as it has two carrycots and car seats etc its in blue.

Thank you.. baby is celebrating with me ive had constant flutters all day :D xxx

OMG that's an absolute bargain if it's only 3 weeks old :shock: wish I lived closer so I could bite their arm off for it :haha:

What a fan scan pic <3 nice and clear! Definitely your take home baby :hugs:

I've been feeling baby move lots today too. It just puts the biggest smile on my face! Driving back from the school run this morning and it felt really heavy against my cervix and I could swear I felt a turning kinda sensation, which is crazy as I thought bubs would be too small for that right now, but who knows!? I just remembered feeling the exact same with my girls, but much later on!

Im so jelous of all you ladies finding babies on the dopplers. We tried again last night but still cant find it ... sometimes i hate being a bigger woman :(

wishing - woohoo on your scan being brought forward! EEKK :happydance:

Sc - im sure i read somewhere the hb speeds up a little again after 12 weeks and then settles .. ill see if i can find it again on google xx

You might have an anterior placenta. I'm also plus size and have been able to find it from 11 wks. I'm not trying to frustrate you, lol, just let u know there might be valid reason u haven't been able to find it. The 1st couple of weeks I really had to look, spent like 45 min finding it. Baby seems to have settled in one spot for now, so I look there first, usually can find it within a couple of min now. Keep trying!

My placenta is in the front so I was told that I probably would feel movement late and hear things later. However, my doctor told me that the placenta and baby share blood supply so the placenta should sound like your baby. The whooshing noise you are hearing is actually your circulatory system. When I went in last week, she found the heartbeat right away and it was quite strong. On my doppler I found the heartbeat but near my belly button and I angled it down and I could hear it faintly. Maybe try looking more toward the belly button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->