*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Ok iv tried to upload it hope it works

Attachments

• 1405627104301.jpg
    1405627104301.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 12
When is everyone having their gender scan? Mine's booked for August 27th but I don't know if I can hold out for that long - I may go private and have an earlier scan.

image.jpg

I'm mostly pescatarian. So now no gluten. :-/

Ok. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's 'popped' almost 16 weeks and I feel almost a month ahead.

When is everyone having their gender scan? Mine's booked for August 27th but I don't know if I can hold out for that long - I may go private and have an earlier scan.

Mines the 22nd august and it's too long, I want to go private but my boyfriend has said no. I wish I still worked in my old job it was in a private hospital and I worked with the doctors so could have had a scan whenever I wanted....

Loving everyone's bump pics, but you all have bumps I swear you can't tell if I'm pregnant or fat? Lol

Xxxxx

Mine won't be til the end of aug/ early sept. Honestly, I'm ok with that. I don't completely trust gender scans until after 20 wks. With DS #2 they told us at 18 wks he was a girl. I had another u/s at 32 wks because I was measuring large for dates. Guess what...it's a boy!!!! Lol. I'm just glad we hadn't bought tons of girl stuff yet!! I'll be closer to 22 wks when they do the anatomy scan this time.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who will be finding out the gender kinda late. Mine isn't even scheduled yet, but it'll be mid to late August. My OB/gyn won't do it until I'm 20 weeks, and I don't want to pay for a private one.

Is anyone finding you're getting really irritated with non-pregnant people complaining about minor physical issues? Tonight I was talking with two of my girlfriends(both of whom don't have kids and don't ever plan on it either) and they were complaining about how they get bloated after they eat. I couldn't help myself and said "you two should both get pregnant. I would laugh so hard." I'm sure I probably sounded like a jerk. But seriously? When I'm throwing up almost daily, extremely bloated, constipated, fighting gas/belching and almost constant nausea, I don't want to hear about women complaining about some minor bloating after meals.

Maybe I'm just a hormonal bitch? lol!! I mean, I know I chose to get pregnant and all, but this has seriously been one of the toughest things I've had to go through physically and some people truly don't know how good they have it.

We have a scan on 28th August so will have confirmation then :) we had an early gender scan with DS so only seems right to do it again :)

Mrss I'm the opposite. Pregnant woman who moan loads annoy me. I know pregnancy isn't the most comfortable thing to go through but we are carrying precious little babies and it makes it all worth it. I think I probably moaned publicly about my sickness in my first pregnancy but haven't this time. Having my losses has taught me to bite my tongue a little and just get on with it. I've no idea how many of my friends are struggling TTC etc and who would do anything to be hugging the toilet bowl etc.

Is anyone else having regular growth scans later in pregnancy?

Hi all!

My gender/anatomy scan isn't until 15th August. My midwife wants us to be 20 weeks too. I don't think I'd be having any growth scans though.

oh my gosh hun you can even see babies toes! :cloud9: that is utterly amazing!

my private 3D scan is on the 16th August (I'll be 18+2) and then my anatomy scan is on the 10th September. Im hoping to get a really good potty shot at the private scan and since its 3D i'd hope theres really no room for mistakes :shrug:

View attachment 785397

Ok. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's 'popped' almost 16 weeks and I feel almost a month ahead.

Gorgeous bump hun! I have a bump going on but since im so big others cant really tell

We have a scan on 28th August so will have confirmation then :) we had an early gender scan with DS so only seems right to do it again :)

Mrss I'm the opposite. Pregnant woman who moan loads annoy me. I know pregnancy isn't the most comfortable thing to go through but we are carrying precious little babies and it makes it all worth it. I think I probably moaned publicly about my sickness in my first pregnancy but haven't this time. Having my losses has taught me to bite my tongue a little and just get on with it. I've no idea how many of my friends are struggling TTC etc and who would do anything to be hugging the toilet bowl etc.

ME :hi: I have booked scans at 30,33 and 36 to make sure that baby is growing properly and doesnt stall like ds1 did.

What a beautiful, clear picture <3

Mines in just 4 days!! :wohoo:

View attachment 785397

You look fantastic!

I get what you mean about the moaning, but I think everyone's different and each person is entitled to moan their fair share too :) my little pregnancy bugbear is people that go on and on about EVERYTHING, like they're the only person to have ever been pregnant before :lol: but I get that's also down to excitement too, so can't blame them! Just don't need to see hourly FB updates on their womb :haha:

I'll be having growth scans, although my mw hasn't said how many or how frequently. DD1 was low birth weight, and I had gestational hypertension which they think was pre eclampsia but my urine protein levels were never high enough, so I had a few with DD2 to check how she was doing and will have the same again.

I'm not doing well with keeping up with my weekly bump pics :dohh: but here's mines today @ 15+4. Tried to do it stealthily whilst in asda but think a few staff members saw me and must have thought "what a weirdo!".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who will be finding out the gender kinda late. Mine isn't even scheduled yet, but it'll be mid to late August. My OB/gyn won't do it until I'm 20 weeks, and I don't want to pay for a private one.

Is anyone finding you're getting really irritated with non-pregnant people complaining about minor physical issues? Tonight I was talking with two of my girlfriends(both of whom don't have kids and don't ever plan on it either) and they were complaining about how they get bloated after they eat. I couldn't help myself and said "you two should both get pregnant. I would laugh so hard." I'm sure I probably sounded like a jerk. But seriously? When I'm throwing up almost daily, extremely bloated, constipated, fighting gas/belching and almost constant nausea, I don't want to hear about women complaining about some minor bloating after meals.

Maybe I'm just a hormonal bitch? lol!! I mean, I know I chose to get pregnant and all, but this has seriously been one of the toughest things I've had to go through physically and some people truly don't know how good they have it.

Not to be equally as bitchy - but living through the physical and mental hell of infertility and IVF I struggle with anyone who doesn't become a martyr in regards to the hum drum of pregnancy. How we look at all this is all about our personal life experiences hun lol

Well, maybe struggle is a strong word, I just really don't understand it. People can complain about whatever pains them in life and it's not going to bother me much, but in regards to pregnancy? I have harder time understanding it.

What I've experienced so far is NOTHING compared to what I had to go through to get here (terrible drugs, HSG, IUI's, going into debt, even worse drugs, IVF...the waiting, the disappointments, the heartache, the fear.....turned into HG and SPD because being pregnant with twins hurts waaaay more than it ever did with a singleton and I there are days I struggle just to get out of bed I'm so exhausted) but you'll never hear me complain about it.

I feel infinitely **blessed** to be dealing with all the angst. It means everything now is well. It means I've been gifted with two healthy lives inside me. And while I watch the friends I've grown to love here still struggling to get pregnant while I've moved on I say a prayer of thanks to God every single time I throw up, gag in the grocery store, feel too tired to carry on, can't hardly waddle because it feels like my pelvis is going to split in two, can't poop, have to swallow down so many pills a day and have bloat and heartburn so bad it feels like I'm having a heart attack.

It's all a wonderful reminder of just how lucky I am :flower:

Not to get grumpy about it but to offer you some perspective - if one of my friends would have ever said "you should get pregnant, I'd laugh so hard" they wouldn't have remained any friend of mine. More a word of caution than anything and I don't mean to gripe on you, but you just never know, you know?

For anyone interested in the journey of an infertile couple and just how painful it is.....it'll never compare to pregnancy. Not that I'd ever complain about the journey either, because many never even have the opportunity to take it.....we truly believe every single day has been a gift.

Although some of you have seen it elsewhere, here is ours <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZu0KaZ6OkY

yep, video made me cry.

we had a chalkboard in our room, and over the months of trying and losses, I'd written quite a few of those verses on it as a reminder...

I was one that was so bothered by pregnant women complaining- because it just stabbed me. I'd go home and cry to my husband about how they were complaining about how they didn't have a bump to show for all the pain they were going through...
I try to be careful about where I complain now- because the whole not being able to function daily has been difficult on me and my husband. I think the one thing I publicly shared was when I was suffering from a horrible migraine, and asked for public advice for pregnancy-safe remedies from facebook friends- who were very quick to answer with tons ideas I hadn't come across. things like that I always hesitate before posting, but the help I've received has been tremendous. Then again, I was very public about my losses and got tremendous help through that!

(now, on here it's a different story- I've definitely complained a bit- sorry!)

Messica do you have the link to the video please? I can't click it for some reason.

I've been to the Doctors today to get some more Omeprazole. I mentioned that I'd got a cough that is keeping me awake at night, my chest hurts and I'm coughing up yacky stuff. I also mentioned painful trapped wind. He said they are all down to the aspirin I'm taking. I've now got to take Gaviscon before bed each night. I didn't realise it would all be linked!

How is everyone doing? I'm so glad I've got a doppler. I haven't felt baby for a few days. I know baby is still small so trying not to worry!

I joined a few facebook groups for mothers in my area and couldn't help but to buy some clothes that were a very good price... I also bought some more at a store and they have a sale tomorrow... Everything you can fit in a bag for $15... I kind of feel bad though because if it turns out to be a boy... well he's going to look very pretty for the first few months! I've tried only buying neutral but just have to give in sometimes to the girls things or cute little dinosaurs I see... Oh well I suppose I can always resell or save them for the next one. I get my gender ultrasound in about 4 weeks and then I think I'll buy a few more things after that.
I've also bought a swing that had some decent reviews... I think I may need to post pictures of some of the cuter finds.

We're having a few extra scans (next one at 16 weeks). There was an issue with low fluid levels and DS's growth last time, so they're keen to monitor us for that.

As for the discussion about complaining in pregnancy, I can see it from both sides. I think ultimately as long as a woman appreciates the true blessing that is pregnancy and parenthood, I don't mind her talking about how it's affecting her (and that's both the good and the bad!). I was talking with some other Mums today, and we're were all discussing the tough first few weeks, but then immediately went on to say how we actually loved it all because it's all a sign that things are going well. I know it sounds mental but I smile after every gagging session, because as much as nausea is unpleasant, I'm only feeling it because I'm pregnant :happydance: I wouldn't have it any other way!

After going through repeated losses I 100% appreciate every single miraculous little detail of this pregnancy. Even the headaches, greasy hair, nausea, moodiness and bloating :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->