*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Dawnybus... first off :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Sending you big hugs and lots and lots of love!
There are hundreds of women who suffer with ante-natal depression so please dont feel alone. Its pretty common. As for the post natal depression... with you having ante-natal depression they should have tablets ready for you after baby which should help lesson the impact of post natal.

I'm so so sorry work has been so awful but I think you have done what is right for you. I hope the job centre can help you out hun since its not your fault that you had to leave.. and tbh at the moment i dont think they could expect you to work due to the anxiety and panic attacks. It will all depend on your bfs income though if you live together :hugs:

You are NOT a terrible thing. Gender Disappointment is a real thing and although some people dont understand it it is a very very hard thing to go through. But although you may be dissapointed to start with you are going to love your little boy just as much as you would love a little girl :hugs: Cry about it... have a tantrum.. scream into a pillow.. anything that helps let it out.. just dont bottle it up (I am always here if you need to talk.. you can pm me if you would feel better doing that either on here or on Facebook)

Im glad your sickness is passing :D Im the same as you.. some days i eat like a horse and others i dont eat much.

You should always feel comfortable posting anything on here hun.. as no matter whether all of the ladies understand what you are going through or what you feel no one should ever judge (and i dont hink anyone on here would). Every woman is different.. and everyones situation and road to pregnancy is different so we each need to support each other in any which way we can :hugs:

Lovely bumps ladies.. im very jelous lol. Im a bit scared of posting any pics since im a lot bigger than most of you ladies..

wildchic - congratulations hun.. i think its definitely girls!

You shouldn't be scared to post photos Tara, you just said in your last post "no one should ever judge". We are all different shapes and sizes xx

^WSS :thumbup: bodies and bumps come in all different sizes, the world would be very boring if we were all alike! Don't be embarrassed hun x

haha yeah should practice what i preach eh? lol. I think im just more embarrased because of my size. Ill post one eventually lol

I'm so bloody jealous lol, I want my belly to pop into a bump, I no I'm a bit behind u guys with being end of Jan and it's my first but I want a bump lol. I don't think it will be too long because there is a bump there when I'm in bed first thing in the morning before eating anything so hoping it will be there soon. Felt baby from just before 16 weeks so hopefully bump will follow shortly after.

I still have a month until I find out whether we r pink or blue. Still sure it's blue always refer to it as he, we still have no boys names though.

In other news our house goes on the market tomorrow and we are looking round some areas and looking at houses from outside tomorrow and while I'm off work il make the most of the time and do house viewings tomorrow, two houses I'm really keen on seeing so I hope they hang around until next week

@ttc - Congrats on another girl! While you were away, we found out we're expecting a boy.

Great pics, ladies. I'm only 18 weeks, but I look at least mid 20-weeks...

I've had a few instances of "is that movement" in the last 2 days. I did see weight shift from one side of my stomach to the other today (super strange), but didn't feel a thing, thanks to the anterior placenta. sigh.

Morning all :) congrats to all the ladies who have recently found out bump colours, 3 weeks to go for me! Getting very excited about it!

Dawny - sorry to hear you are having such a rough time! I really hope that they can get a support plan in place for you now to assist with how you are feeling and try to help you prepare for post partum. I had a couple of friends go though pnd and it was tough. I think resigning is the best plan for you at the moment, you just don't need that added stress.

Hope all is well with everyone else :)

Thank you for all your messages, they have been really kind and supportive. I am feeling abit better after resigning and will find out tomorrow what plans they have in place for me.

I always feel terrible I never seem to post happy stuff always problems or questions. I am sorry.

This is a pic of my bump?? 19 weeks today.

Xxxxxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 13
Congratulations on the pink bumps Luce and wildchic!

Good luck for your scan in 3 weeks waiting2c; I'm so excited to find out what your having (I'm just living vicariously through everyone here while I stay yellow!)

Good work on the productivity too ladies. I'm a bit of a neat freak so even when I was feeling nauseated through 12 weeks I had to keep doing it! I find it hard to relax if I know things need done, so end up doing ridiculous tasks at 11 at night!

Dawnybus I just want to give you such a big hug right now. Your dealing with so much, and I really hope we can offer you some support on here: you can talk to us anytime honey. Well done in making the difficult decision to stop working. It sounded like the workplace was contributing massively to your feelings of anxiety, so not being there can only be a good thing for you. It's hard not to worry about money (I just finished my PhD and am only working as a volunteer intern 1 day a week, so we totally rely on my husbands wage...I feel you on the money worries!) but i just try to be careful with our money, make sure we have all the important stuff covered, and make the best of it. You'll find the balance too. I really hope that the counselling is a helpful experience for you this time, and that you get what you need from it. I know that if you're dealing with ante-natal issues they're far more likely to give you extra attention, services and support post-natally. You will love this baby with such a strength that no matter how difficult all this is, you'll get through it, and find that you love being a Mummy to your baby. We're here for you honey...take care xxx

Oh, and I love all the bumps...gorgeous, every one of them!

Dawny- hugs...I plan on speaking with my on at my next appointment. I was in depression meds before getting pregnant and even though I know better ( I'm a nurse who loves pharmacology) I stopped cold turkey. I am starting (several weeks ago) to feel the way I was before. My boss is new and we don't always see eye to eye, but just last week as I was trying to be nice and warn her that I plan on taking all 12 weeks of leave that I'm allowed in a year, she said that she couldn't approve that, so I'm gonna have to go above her to get what I want. I may not go back after leave, if we still have issues. I completely understand. Please feel free to share anything here. I also had gender disappointment and cried for a week. It's real, but it eventually passes.

Lolly- I'm team pink again. ( hoping that will change at my next scan on the 25th.)

My bump has finally popped. 17 weeks today. I need to take a picture, but absolutely hate pictures.

Hey jelly ladies!! I am due the 31st but we are scheduling our c section on the 27th!! Whichever date you want to put me on is fine :)

Here's a picture of my 16 week bump (15+6).. Only the 3rd I've taken..
How would you guys say I'm carrying? I really can't tell the difference in hi/lo or all round lol.
I have my gender scan in 12 days - not that I'm counting ;) and my sons second birthday in 13 days :D
Also think I felt a tiny movement while I was sipping on a bit of cola at the cinema.. Happened so quick I think I missed it lol.

Hope everyone's doing well x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
aawww more gorgeous bumps!

itsnowmyturn - good luck selling your house hun i hope it goes really smoothly! I'm sure your bump will pop out soon :D

SC - it probably is baby hun :D :Dance:

Dawn - you shouldnt worry about what you post hun.. happy or sad it doesnt matter .. were here to share your journey with you no matter whether its the happy news or the worry :hugs:

buddy - can i have a bit of your neak freakness please... i could do with some to get off my ass and do a proper clean :haha:

hopeful - sorry to hear your not feeling great hun :hugs: I hope you can get things sorted out at work hun i cant believe shes being like that :hugs:

Hopeful - gz on your bump popping hun!

princesmommy - welcome hun :D :D

mummylaura - at the moment id say low.

AFM - 18 weeks today and 2 days till scan! woohhooo! x

Hi princessmommy, welcome to the jellybeans.
Lovely bumps ladies xx

Welcome princessmommy:). Nice bump Mummylaura! I'll post once I get a bit bigger! Still a lot of bloat going on here!

You all look fabulous! I love the bump pictures. Maybe I'll get brave enough and post one later. I have really really popped now. >.< I'm getting used to my bump and falling in love with my new body. Guess I better!!

I'm feeling movement daily now. A LOT of rolling and baby dislikes when I have 'gas.' Which cracks me up!! He or she will kick the little bubbles. Get annoye and move to the other side. DD felt some strong kicks. DS still doesn't care until he 'knows' it's a boy. (I'm going to record his reaction if it's a girl! Lol and poor hubby has only felt bitty baby rolls!

I believe it was dawny that posted about the depression.

I wasn't sure how to reply but felt I had to. Especially in light of Robin Williams... And because I've been there. I'm opening myself up here too!

I've survived post natal depression twice, prenatal depression, extreme anxiety and panic attacks, medicine issues that led to regular depression; and I pulled through it all. If you EVER need advice or help please message me. I'm not there anymore (meaning depressed) and it's hard for me now to relate. Mainly because I've been there and pulled out of it. I wish I could tell you that there was some amazing drug or discovery that helped me. But the truth is even after all the doctors, the therapy, and the meds it was essentially all me who did it. Everything else was just a band-aid and masked the true causes. That I had to face all on my own. And it isn't easy and it is dreadful because you must face yourself and admit to yourself all that's wrong. To heal the wounds you have to go into them and knit them on your own from the inside out. Pregnancy makes it twice as hard.

There's one practice I started doing in the darkest times and it made a world of difference. You may not see it right away but you will eventually feel it.

Every morning when I would wake up I'd take a moment to feel myself. Feel my own life force. I'd run my hands over my skin and feel me alive. From my toes to my crown and thank myself every day for waking up. For functioning the way it should. For growing a baby. Holding baby. An praising MY BODY for working as it should!! So much masks the true issues of depression which is self! But taking one step at a time between you and the doctors you can pull through it!

*please note I'm not taking over for true medicine care here only telling you all what worked for me. Meds in depression CAN be positive an they can be negative. It truly depends on who you are and your state of mind! Hormonal mess you up and it is a true problem for us women!

That said different self empowerment techniques make a huge difference. For me between those and everything else I could slowly ween off of them and really feel who I was meant to be.

Here's my first ever bump picture. I am feeling particularly massive today and my leggings are not flattering at all are they...need some bigger ones now!!

I've still barely felt any movements yet. I hope they pick up soon!

Attachments

• 20140814_085459-1.jpg
    20140814_085459-1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 9
Wildchic - my guess would be two girls. By 15 weeks our boys had pretty obvious peenie's going on lol. At 17 weeks you could see scrotums and all.

I'm going in tomorrow for 20 week ultrasound and will be sure to get some potty shots for you to compare to!

Loving all these bump pics ladies!!!

Hey ladies!! :D

It is so great to see all of you and your bumps are getting so big!! Sorry I have not been around for awhile. A little update on me!

We are having a girl!!! Still no name yet though. She is in the 50th percentile as of 2 days ago! At least that is what the doctor has informed me. No health risks, and everything seems to be moving along perfectly!

Here is a pic of my bump!! My bump has gotten HUGE!! I gained about 11lbs so far.

Attachments

• 10372520_10202505335023348_5792832402731795971_n.jpg
    10372520_10202505335023348_5792832402731795971_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79