*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Flatshoes, as long as it's definitely a bit of wee leakage you have nothing to worry about :flower:

I've been googling regarding wash powder because I realised we use bio wash powder and heard most people use non bio because it's more gentle on baby's skin so looked it up n seems like it's very much a UK based debate, apparently some countries don't even have non bio, I think iv now decided that il keep using bio n if bubbas skin doesn't seem to like it I can switch, however I would like to hear if anyone has any evidence that it shouldn't be used. I'm starting to realise how little I actually no about bringing up a baby lol

My eldest has the worst eczema ever and we can only use non bio so if you can use it then definitely do as it's much gentler on their skin :thumbup: my poor girl can't even have fabric conditioner on her clothes either though :(

My eldest has the worst eczema ever and we can only use non bio so if you can use it then definitely do as it's much gentler on their skin :thumbup: my poor girl can't even have fabric conditioner on her clothes either though :(

I've always used non bio anyway due to exzema and sensitive skin from both me and my husband. And we also can't have softener as is causes us both to sneeze! Wonder if we will pass this on ... :dohh:

Just noticed on my ticker. 97 days to go. I'm out of triple figures! :happydance:

I love seeing my ticket go down lzzie I think we must all be in double figures Now, So exciting!!

Do any UK mums have any opinions on what bottles are the best to buy? I do plan on breastfeeding but as I've never done it before I would like to buy a few things just in case.

Hi!
I think I may be a stay at home mommy after my maternity leave. Been considering changing jobs anyway due to issues at work, but today the gave us the info on our health insurance changes in January. I bring home roughly $2800/month, and pay $600 in insurance premiums (that includes medical, dental, life, and short term disability). As of January 1st, our medical alone will be $1098/month. So by the time, I pay our insurance and then $600-800 in daycare I won't be bringing home but $250/Mont ( which will go to gas to get to work). In that case, why am I even working? We're considering options now, but th best idea so far is for me to stay home, get on the state program insurance (that I'm not eligible right now for because I make too much), and work around 4 shifts a month with a hospital or agency to bring in a little extra money. So instead of being away from my girls for 40 hours a week, I'll be gone 48 hours a month. Any advice from our US ladies? I live in Georgia by the way.

I love seeing my ticket go down lzzie I think we must all be in double figures Now, So exciting!!

Do any UK mums have any opinions on what bottles are the best to buy? I do plan on breastfeeding but as I've never done it before I would like to buy a few things just in case.

Personally I have only got one bottle, it came with my Breast pump and is a Tommee Tippee one. I don't plan to buy anymore. I feel if I set up for formula feeding then I'm more likely to give up. I BF last time and there were times were had I had formula in the house I may have buckled but luckily I didn't and ended up BF until my son self weaned at 18 months.

I've woken up in agony and can barely walk, took one look at Hubby and burst into tears. I feel like such a wimp but it hurts so much. The pain in my leg is awful!

I don't have any bottles and don't plan on buying any until baby is a bit older. Xx

Hope you feel better BB

I only plan on having whatever comes with the breastpump and as sterilisers are on offer at the moment I will most likely buy one of them too. So far I have stressed and debated over nearly everything I have bought but I guess all the brands must be good otherwise they just wouldn't sell but if anyone does have any particular preferences on a brand for all the feeding equipment please let me know

Tommee Tippee closer to nature is meant to be closest to breast.
I got my breast pump in a box which doubles up as a microwave steriliser. I don't plan to buy another as I don't plan to have anymore bottles.

I have an Avent steriliser from the girls and have used Avent bottles with expressed milk for them when they were about 4 months on a few occasions. I had tommee tippee with my pump but never used them xx

Have any UK mums signed up/collected their mum to be bounty pack from Asda or Boots? What's in it? Is it worth it?

Tommie tippee - really good, I have some of the anti colic plus ones with the vents that go down the middle

Mam- also really good... used these with Ethan as he couldn't use tt. Mam have an oval teat instead of round and you don't need a steraliser for them as they do it in the microwave.

Nuk- another different shaped teat which some babies find a lot easier than the standard but they look nothing like a nipple.

Nuby natural touch - another one that looks like tt and claims to be best for.going between breast and bottle.

Those four are the brands I have bought this time. I've used them all before and wanted a choice for Rohan as we struggled to find a bottle that worked for Ethan and his tongue shape. He couldn't get a proper latch on round teats so MAM was the best for him. Seth we used the tt anti colic plus which helped his reflux etc but they are pricey!

Momma by Tommy - fab! But a bit big. They have teats you can get that never loose flow no matter what position baby moves their head.

Dr Brown's - supposed to.be fantastic for preventing colic.

Avent- another that claims to be great for moving between breast and bottle.

The only one out of those I've never used is Dr Brown's. Xx

Izzie I got a load of leaflets and vouchers, a nappy, a vest, a mini Johnson's pack (top to toe wash, baby oil, bum cream, wipes) and some dettol wipes and a persil towel.

Make sure to sign up for Emma's diary too Hun as you get more bags from them too! Xx

Izzie I got a load of leaflets and vouchers, a nappy, a vest, a mini Johnson's pack (top to toe wash, baby oil, bum cream, wipes) and some dettol wipes and a persil towel.

Make sure to sign up for Emma's diary too Hun as you get more bags from them too! Xx

Thanks for the Emma's diary tip too. Have signed up today!

Have any UK mums signed up/collected their mum to be bounty pack from Asda or Boots? What's in it? Is it worth it?

I got mine last week. Definitely worth getting. I got a pack of socks, towel, loads of samples of things like sudacrem, mum&me products, dettol wipes, tena lady, a nappy, fairy non bio, a pen and loads of money off vouchers.

:o you got fairy :o i didnt get any in mine :cry: i love the ones you get in the hospital

I got mine last week. Definitely worth getting. I got a pack of socks, towel, loads of samples of things like sudacrem, mum&me products, dettol wipes, tena lady, a nappy, fairy non bio, a pen and loads of money off vouchers.

Seem to get different things in different places. I didn't get socks or a towel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->