*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Had my 26 wk clinic appointment today. Gtt was fine, but a urine dip showed glucose trace. Had to confess to birthday cake for a colleague for elevenses and have been told to lay off. Whoops!

Looks like I will be a January jellybean. Due to my age, my hospital will induce on my due date if I have not started naturally by then as placenta viability will diminish after that. Apparently!

Had my 26 wk clinic appointment today. Gtt was fine, but a urine dip showed glucose trace. Had to confess to birthday cake for a colleague for elevenses and have been told to lay off. Whoops!

Looks like I will be a January jellybean. Due to my age, my hospital will induce on my due date if I have not started naturally by then as placenta viability will diminish after that. Apparently!

Glad to hear you had a good appointment Izzie! That birthday cake... lol always so alluring!

Kiwi I hope she is home for her first Christmas.

Dr confirmed spd today and gave me my fit note and put night shifts only to reduce physical symptoms of spd. He's sending a referral to the physio too so hopefully all that will help, if not and I still struggle at work il just go off sick long term as I need to make sure I'm looking after me and the baby

Good to hear it itsnowmyturn. Well not about the spd but the fit note.
Izzie, how old are you? Xx

Glad to hear you got sorted INMT :)

My scan went perfectly. It was amazing. He was sucking his fingers and yawning :cloud9: He is approximately 2lb 12oz already!

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsad5bec44.jpg

Nawwww cute BB!!!

Lovely scan pics Janet also!

Kiwi - loving the pics you are posting, she is a real trouper and so super cute!!

Sorry to hear you have spd itsnowmyturn - hope you can get a support that helps the pain.

Hey to everyone else!! Hope you are all doing well!

I have my gtt test today so not allowed to eat this morn, have to be there in an hour and do the two hour one. Least it will be over after that, hoping I pass but won't find out till Thursday next week when at midwife.

My doctors are talking about inducing early due to my age as well. I can't decide how I feel about that. Lots of conflicting information on this stuff.

My scan went perfectly. It was amazing. He was sucking his fingers and yawning :cloud9: He is approximately 2lb 12oz already!
Wow, ADORABLE!!:baby:

My doctors are talking about inducing early due to my age as well. I can't decide how I feel about that. Lots of conflicting information on this stuff.

Wow, ADORABLE!!:baby:

They didn't mention early, just on the due date. Told my mum and she said 'didn't they discuss a c-section?' Thanks mum. I don't need more stuff to worry about. Think I've been through enough already!

How rude Izzie, prime of your life right now! Old mother, pffft! And birthday cake before lunch time is PERFECTLY acceptable ;)

Gorgeous scan pic BB <3 it's so exciting seeing all of these babies grow and develop, and knowing we are all reaching the last stretch and some will start to make an appearance soon (but hopefully not too soon!).

Fx'd you get your physio appt through soon INMT :thumbup: it's usually just some exercises and stretches they show you, and how to sit and get up correctly to help reduce pressure etc but apparently it really does help. I've never got a physio appt so wouldn't know from first hand experience :brat:

I'm so happy today! :wohoo: went into ikea to show my friend what nursery set we want and we find the wardrobe in the bargain corner! It had been on display and had a tiny little mark at the side and they reduced it £50 :headspin: so that's now sitting in the nursery, I've put in a wash load of newborn and 0-3m clothes and will put them away once they're all dried. Eeeeek!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 7
I've heard that about washing clothes before baby wears them. Is that universally accepted?

I've always done it Izzie, mostly because I LOVE the smell of fairy non bio on little baby clothes :lol: but also to get the starchy stuff and dust out of the clothes as you don't know how long they've been hung up/stored before purchase x

Question- I just got a kick really low and felt a little leak of wee. Anything to worry about?

Congratulations on the fantastic scans JanetPlanet, and BB! It's so nice seeing and hearing how all our little babies are growing and thriving!

Wish, so glad your scan went well and both babies are doing great! :happydance:

Here are some more pictures of Riya for you, not sure if you saw any of these yet, but I will be taking some more in a few days as soon as she is able to wear clothes.

The two with people in them is of OH and MIL holding her :).

Awww! Riya is just gorgeous! It's amazing how well she's doing; what a determined, strong and beautiful little girl. She's gonna go far in life! I really hope she gets to go home in time for your first Christmas together x

Question- I just got a kick really low and felt a little leak of wee. Anything to worry about?

It happens to a lot of women. I think working on your pelvic floor will really help, and there's a lot of information on the types of exercises that will work those muscles online. Just google pelvic floor exercise x

Forgot to add: great news about the twins wildchic! (I knew I'd forgotten someone's news :haha:)

I've heard that about washing clothes before baby wears them. Is that universally accepted?

I wash all of Riya's baby clothes that we get. I hate germs, and no one knows who was touching the clothes or what surfaces they have been placed on before we bought them. Even the random dust that collects on things. Plus, her being born premature is really making me paranoid about everything.

Nope, nothing to worry about hun. Sometimes that happens!

Awww! Riya is just gorgeous! It's amazing how well she's doing; what a determined, strong and beautiful little girl. She's gonna go far in life! I really hope she gets to go home in time for your first Christmas together x

Thanks so much :hugs:. We are keeping our fingers crossed. When I mentioned to the nurse about my EDD, she said its very possible we will get our little baby home for Christmas just based on how well she is doing now! That made me really excited!!!

Iv bought most of mine second hand so will wash them obviously but il be washing the new stuff too I think it's expected for the first few months as they are so sensitive to everything. There does seem to be conflicting advice for when to let them wear new stuff without washing it but I think that is more preference than anything

I always wash new baby clothes too.
Lolly, well done. I love a bargain lol.
Izzie, I will be 40 in june, nobody has mentioned that to me. I will ask at consultant next week. Bloody cheeky tho, lol, I certainly don't feel old xx

I always wash clothes too. I heard then add chemicals to keep them crease free etc plus you don't know if they've been dropped on the floor etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->