January testing thread / Starting 2019 with BFPs

Chemical Pregnancy last month. So, I'm here, too. Feeling terribly discouraged since I turn 44 tomorrow.
So sorry. I hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow, TTC74! :hugs2:

Hi,

Can you put me down for January 8th please? The day before my baby girl turns 12!!!

Sorry to see there were so many chemicals on the December board. They truly suck.

2018 has been terrible for me (2 chemicals, among a load of other crappy things), so hopefully things will start looking up in 2019. Good luck to us all x

Hi ladies!

So sad to hear of the chemicals - really sorry for you guys and seeing an empty sac must have been heartbreaking. :sad1:

Good luck packing to move - so much to do but therapeutic to have s good sort out too.

Well this will be the first cycle where we’ll be going for it, lol. Should O around Christmas Day so DH looking forward to that. :rofl:

My game plan is to keep it chilled and BD every other day from Thursday which will be CD10 and also our Wedding Anniversary.

My AF is due 8th Jan so pop me down for then please. I will obvs test before, lol. :oops:

Moving is always such a reminder of all the stuff we heve and done... Hope you are also excited about the new place, are you staying in the alps or going somewhere else?

I've moved a few times and it doesn't get easier! I hope this is my last move and will finally grow roots and stay put.

Okay. Story time!

We are just starting our life together but I spent a lot of Spring, Summer and Fall in the Alps of Italy. It's a tiny stone cottage in a mountain village with maybe 20 houses. Very down to earth, friendly mountain people. The families have known each other for many generations and the neighbors would check on me every morning and bring me veggies from their garden or cheese they made.

Buuut the Alpine village has to evacuate during the winter because it gets snowed in with no road access in or out and the region shuts down the water supply until the freezing weather clears.

Everyone in town gathers for a big dinner to say goodbye and we pack and leave town until Spring.

So now I'm finally moving from the tiny, tiny, tiny cottage into his 4-story house down by the lake. It's a big change for me since I'm from California and have always lived alone in large cities where you live in anonymity and the houses are fairly new.

But now, married to an Italian, I'll be staying in a family villa that is very old, very big and the furniture dates back to the 1600s (when I open the door it's like going back in time) and everyone on the street is a cousin, aunt, or uncle of his!

I liked the Alps because it was relaxing and I loved the nature, walking through the woods and the view of the lake from above.

The town is traditional and has breathtaking views of the lake and the mountains but I have to get used to the fact that everyone knows each other and knows everything about each other and "every window has a set of eyes staring at you".

I've lived in Italy for 10 years but in larger cities where there are a lot of US/UK expats and a sea of tourists. Small town Italy is very different and authentic.

It's taken me a decade to fully integrate and this is the only life I want. This is it for me :) Now we want to start a family.

We were both very happy when I got a BFP and we planned to tell his father on Christmas. But the lines faded and AF arrived. It's the 2nd loss in 4 months. I'll keep my mind busy and we'll try again!

https://i66.tinypic.com/33eh2qu.jpg

https://i64.tinypic.com/2ntwqps.jpg

Wow, that’s a fascinating story and way of life KTL and those photos are just stunning. What a lovely area to raise children - is there a little school just for locals or do they go further afield? x

I've moved a few times and it doesn't get easier! I hope this is my last move and will finally grow roots and stay put.

Okay. Story time!

We are just starting our life together but I spent a lot of Spring, Summer and Fall in the Alps of Italy. It's a tiny stone cottage in a mountain village with maybe 20 houses. Very down to earth, friendly mountain people. The families have known each other for many generations and the neighbors would check on me every morning and bring me veggies from their garden or cheese they made.

Buuut the Alpine village has to evacuate during the winter because it gets snowed in with no road access in or out and the region shuts down the water supply until the freezing weather clears.

Everyone in town gathers for a big dinner to say goodbye and we pack and leave town until Spring.

So now I'm finally moving from the tiny, tiny, tiny cottage into his 4-story house down by the lake. It's a big change for me since I'm from California and have always lived alone in large cities where you live in anonymity and the houses are fairly new.

But now, married to an Italian, I'll be staying in a family villa that is very old, very big and the furniture dates back to the 1600s (when I open the door it's like going back in time) and everyone on the street is a cousin, aunt, or uncle of his!

I liked the Alps because it was relaxing and I loved the nature, walking through the woods and the view of the lake from above.

The town is traditional and has breathtaking views of the lake and the mountains but I have to get used to the fact that everyone knows each other and knows everything about each other and "every window has a set of eyes staring at you".

I've lived in Italy for 10 years but in larger cities where there are a lot of US/UK expats and a sea of tourists. Small town Italy is very different and authentic.

It's taken me a decade to fully integrate and this is the only life I want. This is it for me :) Now we want to start a family.

We were both very happy when I got a BFP and we planned to tell his father on Christmas. But the lines faded and AF arrived. It's the 2nd loss in 4 months. I'll keep my mind busy and we'll try again!

Wow such a beautiful story and amazing pictures! The small village life sounds so healthy, too.
We are also playing with the idea of movin up to the alps (swiss side) but it always seems to be too soon (we both work in the city right now). I hope we manage to do that and not stay stuck in the comforts of the city. Do you work in the rural area or do you commute? Do you have friends in the village?

I really hope this is your month, 2 losses in 4 months sounds really emotionally exauhsting.

What a lovely area to raise children - is there a little school just for locals or do they go further afield? x

Yes, there's a school for elementary and middle school, but there are technical high schools where the kids from all nearby towns gather.

My neighbor's teenage kid goes to a high school that trains airplane pilots and ballet dancers (haha! what a combination). They combine academics with specialized training.

I once took the bus to go up the mountain and I was surprised to see that the local bus is also the kids' school bus. The adults would tell the kids "I know your mom and if you don't behave I'll call her right now." Hahaha! It does take a village.

Wow such a beautiful story and amazing pictures! The small village life sounds so healthy, too.
We are also playing with the idea of moving up to the alps (swiss side) but it always seems to be too soon (we both work in the city right now). I hope we manage to do that and not stay stuck in the comforts of the city. Do you work in the rural area or do you commute? Do you have friends in the village?

You might move the Swiss Alps? The view from our home is the Swiss Alps and my phones catch their cell towers. It's a 10 minute boat ferry ride to get to Switzerland. The Alps blend.

It took me years to finally digest the idea of making the move. There will always be something on the to-do list. Eventually you have to go and figure it out from the other side.

Once I got here I realized I could have and should have done this sooner.

I work from home. Yes, I've found it easier to meet people here than in a city. If I walk my dog people stop me all along the way to talk. I used to be shy and I've really started to warm up to everyone.

got my super positive opk today :happydance: can you put me down for 3rd of January please :) 20181219_173117.jpg

Okay. Story time!

What an amazing story! And what a beautiful view. Just by sharing you've inspired me to plan a vacation for 2019. I don't even have a passport and I live in Miami, Florida in the US, but I can go see mountains in the spring and I think I should. I need to focus on some other part of life other than TTC for a while.

Just at CD7 here in boringland lol

Sending hugs and love to you all today!

Just by sharing you've inspired me to plan a vacation for 2019. I don't even have a passport and I live in Miami, Florida in the US, but I can go see mountains in the spring and I think I should. I need to focus on some other part of life other than TTC for a while.

TTC is initially exciting, but as the months go by it can be very consuming. I heard some ladies say that it becomes a quest to beat the challenge... as in "oooh, I'll show you I can!" :bodyb:

Taking long walks surrounded by nature is good for our health, like a release valve. No passport needed. We all need our own release valve, wherever it may be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->