July/Aug 2022 babies ❤️

Mrs T it’s been so long for me too, but 7 weeks seems so little. What does Dr good me say? Hope you’re not too stressed, I feel like health nurses can cause some unneeded stress sometimes x

Mrs T my quick googling says babies usually start smiling between 6-12 weeks, so I wouldn’t worry!

He literally started beaming smiles last night. So cute!
This morning he has passed a bit of blood in his nappy with his poo. Not loads, just like a small blob. He seems fine in himself. Anyone experienced this? It's never happened before. Pic attached (I'm really sorry it's so gross, will probably put you off your breakast)

20220814_094403.jpg

What a day! After the first bit of blood we had a second poo that was basically just mucous and blood. We rang 111 and they advised to take him to the ED at our local hospital. We were then transferred to the children's hospital in Sheffield to rule out intussusception (which I'd never heard of!). Ultrasound scan was normal and surgeon said it was probably just a bug. We've just got home. Lonnnng day! He's been absolutely fine in himself all day and still is, thankfully! Pic attached of second poop that got them worried

Screenshot_20220814-171510_Gallery.jpg

Hi MrsT- did they mention milk protein intolerance? That can present with bloody stools and not much else. Just saw your post and am mentioning it in case it continues on.

Hi MrsT- did they mention milk protein intolerance? That can present with bloody stools and not much else. Just saw your post and am mentioning it in case it continues on.

No, nothing. He's just had another really watery poo, no mucous or blood this time but very runny. Poor little man. He's EBF and hasn't had any issues up to now. Is milk protein intolerance something that he'd have symptoms for from birth or can it just suddenly start up?

I think it is one of those things that can become apparent at any point in the first few months of life. I know two babies who have had it: one was miserable (lots of crying etc) more or less from birth, the other was very easy going and happy- for baby #2, the mucus/bloody stool and a lot of gas were the only signs. Both are now "big kids" and totally fine/outgrew the cow's milk protein intolerance. They just had to avoid all dairy for the first year +.

I found an article that may explain what I'm trying to say much more accurately! In any case- just wanted to mention it, in case it is helpful to you. Just something to consider and discuss with your doctor/s if the mucus and blood keeps going on. Hopefully it just passes and he's well again shortly, and please don't be worried if he does have CMPI- it is easily handled if it is what he has. :flower:

Why Allergic Colitis Is Not a Breastmilk Allergy

I think it is one of those things that can become apparent at any point in the first few months of life. I know two babies who have had it: one was miserable (lots of crying etc) more or less from birth, the other was very easy going and happy- for baby #2, the mucus/bloody stool and a lot of gas were the only signs. Both are now "big kids" and totally fine/outgrew the cow's milk protein intolerance. They just had to avoid all dairy for the first year +.

I found an article that may explain what I'm trying to say much more accurately! In any case- just wanted to mention it, in case it is helpful to you. Just something to consider and discuss with your doctor/s if the mucus and blood keeps going on. Hopefully it just passes and he's well again shortly, and please don't be worried if he does have CMPI- it is easily handled if it is what he has. :flower:

Why Allergic Colitis Is Not a Breastmilk Allergy

Thanks very much, I will have a read :)

Hey ladies sorry I've been Mia ,

Been pretty busy lately with all Alexander's doctor appointments for his birth injury. Luckily he's doing better and has been packing on the pounds. \\:D/

B466EF2B-0EB4-41DA-B4D1-B08C1168C889.jpeg

I can't remember with my others, apart from my first smiling at 4 weeks
However Evelyn is 6 weeks today and has only gone a couple of smiles and definitely doesn't smile when I walk into a room, I wouldn't be worried, it's still so early and they all do things at such different ages
My first Dd who smiled at 4 weeks also waked at 9 months where my last Dd didn't walk til 15 months and I swear none of the others were smiling that early either!

Suggerhoney how are you?

Hi love

feeling a bit low tbh. I’m out again and waiting for AF. Then month 7 ttc. Kept getting told after a miscarriage ure supper fertile but don’t seem to be the case for me.
My husband is still very positive we will have a healthy take home rainbow and I wish I shared his positivity.
Not feeling hopeful any more.

Hi love

feeling a bit low tbh. I’m out again and waiting for AF. Then month 7 ttc. Kept getting told after a miscarriage ure supper fertile but don’t seem to be the case for me.
My husband is still very positive we will have a healthy take home rainbow and I wish I shared his positivity.
Not feeling hopeful any more.

Suggerhoney I had felt the exact same way before I had my rainbow baby but it can happen. Biggest thing you can do for yourself is try and do things to limit your stress and to help you relax. Book yourself a me day and have a massage or what ever it is to help you relax. We took a little trip the weekend I was ovulating and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. Of course I did other things like use progesterone cream to keep from miscarrying but I truly believe changing the environment and trying to have some fun was exactly what I needed. ❤️ Stay strong , sending you lots of love and positive vibes.

Suggerhoney I had felt the exact same way before I had my rainbow baby but it can happen. Biggest thing you can do for yourself is try and do things to limit your stress and to help you relax. Book yourself a me day and have a massage or what ever it is to help you relax. We took a little trip the weekend I was ovulating and it turned out to be exactly what I needed. Of course I did other things like use progesterone cream to keep from miscarrying but I truly believe changing the environment and trying to have some fun was exactly what I needed. ❤️ Stay strong , sending you lots of love and positive vibes.

Aww thanks love. What a lovely message . U ladies are always so kind and helpful.

@Lucy3
Oh my gosh it’s you’re due date wow girrrlll that’s crazy, I wonder if baby will surprise you and come b4 ure booked in. It does happen. It actually happened to me with my 11 year old soon. They booked me in for 40 weeks for induction. I ended up going into labour the very early hours of 39 weeks and gave birth that night,
Keep us posted love, hope you have everything ready, best advice I could give you now is try and get as much rest and sleep as u possibly can. Ure definitely gonna need it. Eeek so excited for you.
Seems we was only looking at your tests not long ago at all. And here you are about to give birth. Wowsers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->