July & August 2021 Due Date Babies!

Hi ladies - update on me....

I had 14 hours of what we thought was labor on Saturday into early Sunday morning. I am with a birth center and midwives, so I had intended to not get my cervix checked at all, given my history of fast labor. I figured I knew what would happen and that I could trust my body.

I started having contractions around 12:45pm on Saturday, and my contraction tracker app on my phone told me they were close enough to go in, so I called the on-call midwife and we met her at the birth center at 3:30pm. We were there from 3:30pm to 7:30pm. I was having fairly consistent contractions, but they weren't getting much more intense or closer together, so I got checked, and was only at 1.5cm. We went home. By 10:30pm, they were really close together, intense, and I was super shaky, so we went back in. Because I was having to moan through contractions and they were very consistent, we didn't have the midwife check me again. They were getting really strong and intense, and by 2:00am, the midwife suggested trying to push. I did have a bit of an urge, but not a strong one. I tried pushing anyways, without much success.

The midwife suggested checking my cervix again to see if there was a lip or something. I WAS ONLY AT 2CM. WTF???? I had pushed for maybe 20 minutes at that point, and contractions were getting less strong. As soon as she told me my number, the contractions basically stopped. I took some meds to sleep, and by the time I woke up on Sunday morning, they had completely stopped. I think I've had maybe 3 contractions since then.

I'm so disappointed and frustrated. I feel like I can't trust my body and that my body is failing me. I also feel like I can't trust the midwife, and should have asked to get checked earlier. I don't know what to do, I don't know when I'm going to have this baby, and feel like I made up the contractions. It all feels like a nightmare. I'm so emotionally drained and depressed; yesterday (Sunday) I cried off and on the entire day. I don't know when I'm supposed to stop working, because technically I could work, but I don't want to. I'm also embarrassed because I had to tell my boss and my parents (who are graciously watching our firstborn whenever I go into labor and who were watching him on Saturday/Sunday) that there's no baby yet. I'm too embarrassed to reach out to my doula and my midwife about what the F happened.

I don't know if any of you have advice; mostly just needed to get this out in a place where I feel like I won't be judged. :sad2:

@Impatient27 sending big hugs sorry you are having such a rough time, sounds like you body was really messing you around. Your midwife and doula will have seen this 100s of times sand would rather you talk through your concerns. One this that may help in future is sometimes a bath stops contractions if they are happening but not really doing anything maybe work trying at the start next time they start. Hope baby is here soon!

@Impatient27 sometimes when the body gets tired or stressed it won't go into labour as hard as it is try to really deep down relax as the pp said a bath will tell u if it's real labour or not. If it's real labour it won't stop. Good luck x

So I just read something interesting. I was always told that after 37 weeks you are considered full-term and all that is left for baby is to gain more weight. Well apparently you're not considered full-term until 39 weeks now & baby still has some brain and lung development left to go?

So I just read something interesting. I was always told that after 37 weeks you are considered full-term and all that is left for baby is to gain more weight. Well apparently you're not considered full-term until 39 weeks now & baby still has some brain and lung development left to go?
I’ve not heard that, I can birth at home from 37 weeks as it’s considered full term :)

31 week Midwife appointment went well. Despite not looking any bigger than with the others I’m now measuring 3 weeks ahead. Midwife wasn’t concerned and said I’ve had big babies before and they don’t really do anything for big babies anyway. She said it being my third and muscles being less tight etc could be a reason for measuring big too . She said for piece of mind she will book a scan at my next appointment for 36/37 weeks just to be on the safe side.

Seeing her next at 34 weeks and she’s going to ring me tomorrow when she’s back in the office to book my home birth appointment!

Also turns out what I thought were kicks under my ribs are actually baby’s knee - no wonder if feels so strong sometimes!

I’ve not heard that, I can birth at home from 37 weeks as it’s considered full term :)
It was included in the email from the babycenter website but I received this morning.

Screenshot_20210622-113408_Gmail.jpg

Meant babycenter not babysitter, silly phone lol.

@Kiwiberry thats interesting the nhs website definitely still says 37 weeks as full term! Funny how places differ on what they say!

@Kiwiberry thats interesting the nhs website definitely still says 37 weeks as full term! Funny how places differ on what they say!
That's the only place I've read it so far. My OB / nurses still say 37 weeks. Even the weekly Makena injections I get are finished at 36 weeks (helps prevent preterm labor).

Last edited:
@Emsabub
I felt exactly like that after having our ds.
I was OK at first but after about 3 weeks I really was feeling sad.
I was missing being pregnant and all the excitement it brings. I was missing having a bump.
I actually got quite depressed at one point.
I do think it has alot to do with hormones crashing because after a few more weeks I felt better.
But deep down new I wanted another.

This one is probably my last and it does feel sad.
I mean I feel so blessed but at the same time I just feel sad that this one is my last and I will never do it ever again.
I've even said to DH well we cud just not not prevent when this baby is around 8 months old.

But I turn 42 in December so I know my chances wud be very slim.
Plus it's if we cud afford another.
After the horrific Birth I had with DD I was so done.
I really didnt want anymore.
I was 33 years old and I immediately got the implant and I loved it.
But after about 6 years I started to get broody again and I was 38 so we decided to have the implant removed and try. I literally fell pregnant with our youngest ds within one month of ttc. Very very lucky.

This one was alot harder. It took 11 months to fall with this one and 4 chemicals.

I do know for sure I never ever want to go back to ttc ever again. It's just to stressful and I can't put myself through that again.
I hope when I have this baby I will feel done.
But if not then we will just see how things go and if anything happens in the future then that wud be a great blessing.

But I really do hope I feel done after this one tho.

My sweet baby girl Kloe Grace arrived Sunday, June 27th at 1:28 am. She weighed 10 lb 5 oz and 22.5 in long. Her original estimated wait was 8 lb 5 oz. To put it lightly labor and delivery was traumatic for both of us.

Everything started on Saturday when I was getting consistent contractions. I thought maybe it was prodromal labor and that I was wasting my time by going in. It's a good thing I decided to though because by the time I got there around 11:00 a.m. I was already 4 cm dilated. The original nurse who checked me when I was registered said I was only 1 cm dilated but that's because she actually couldn't reach my cervix. After they checked my cervix they checked my blood pressure and it turned out to be really high, which was unusual for me because my blood pressure normally was really really good. After checking about three times and getting the same result, they drew my blood and it came back that I had preeclampsia. My doctor decided to break my water and induce labor to get my little peanut out as quick as possible. After they broke my water I waited a couple hours for the anesthesiologist to come and give me the epidural before receiving pitocin. Around 7pm I reach 7 cm dilated and things started to slow down. When I finally reached 10 cm dilated baby girl started to get stressed, she was face up and not moving down. We had to try a bunch of different positions to get her to turn. On top of that my epidural was wearing off and I was in a lot of pain. After about an hour maybe a little more the doctor reached in and tried to turn her a little bit. Once that was done I had no choice but to push. I didn't expect to be pushing for two and a half hours. It was the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. I was exhausted and worried that I wouldn't be able to make it through. They did suggest a C-section but because I don't have any help to take care of my babies I had to push through it. I couldn't allow myself to get a C-section unless it was an emergency. I was finally able to get her head through and almost passed out twice from the pain. Just when I thought it would be over and she would be here her shoulder got stuck in my pelvic bone because she was too big to fit & turned face up. The doctor ended up having to break her arm to get her out. When she was finally out she was pale with purple lips and not breathing. I waited for over a minute and a half which felt like eternity to hear my baby cry. She was in shock from the delivery. I was able to kiss her before they took her to make sure she was alright. As for me, other than being traumatized I didn't tear or hemorrhage, thank goodness, especially since my DR basically had her arms up there trying to help me get her out. The only thing we could do for my baby girl's arm is wrap it up with an Ace bandage to stabilize it. She is in pain, the Tylenol seems to help a little so she can sleep though. She is breastfeeding well, which I am very thankful for. It's been a couple days now since her birth and a tough recovery for the both of us but we are both doing well. She is beautiful and healthy. Although the experience was traumatizing, I'm so happy that she's here. I have my postpartum appointment tomorrow to check my blood pressure and I'm going to make sure to tell my doctor how thankful I am for everything that she did for us.

I am still in shock that I made it through, the pain what is excruciating especially since I had to push for so long. I was so exhausted. The nursing staff that were there to help me through it were absolutely amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better medical team.

25315.jpeg 20210630_063914.jpg

@Kiwiberry sorry everything was so traumatic/ glad you little one is here though. Hopefully her arm heals quickly

Last edited:
Sorry girls I will need to look through it all. I’ve had a right time of it. Went for my 4d scan last Wednesday and it was amazing. But Thursday I had my private internal scan. Cervix is funnelling and measuring 1.3cm. I then ended up at Glasgow hospital, I live in Stornoway 800 miles away and they haven’t let me home been here for 9 days and looks like I won’t be getting home til he’s born :( as my cervix then 3 days later measured 1.1cm and more funneling. I have another scan next week to see what’s going on. I have had 2 steroid shots and I’m on 800mf progesterone daily :cry:

My sweet baby girl Kloe Grace arrived Sunday, June 27th at 1:28 am. She weighed 10 lb 5 oz and 22.5 in long. Her original estimated wait was 8 lb 5 oz. To put it lightly labor and delivery was traumatic for both of us.

Everything started on Saturday when I was getting consistent contractions. I thought maybe it was prodromal labor and that I was wasting my time by going in. It's a good thing I decided to though because by the time I got there around 11:00 a.m. I was already 4 cm dilated. The original nurse who checked me when I was registered said I was only 1 cm dilated but that's because she actually couldn't reach my cervix. After they checked my cervix they checked my blood pressure and it turned out to be really high, which was unusual for me because my blood pressure normally was really really good. After checking about three times and getting the same result, they drew my blood and it came back that I had preeclampsia. My doctor decided to break my water and induce labor to get my little peanut out as quick as possible. After they broke my water I waited a couple hours for the anesthesiologist to come and give me the epidural before receiving pitocin. Around 7pm I reach 7 cm dilated and things started to slow down. When I finally reached 10 cm dilated baby girl started to get stressed, she was face up and not moving down. We had to try a bunch of different positions to get her to turn. On top of that my epidural was wearing off and I was in a lot of pain. After about an hour maybe a little more the doctor reached in and tried to turn her a little bit. Once that was done I had no choice but to push. I didn't expect to be pushing for two and a half hours. It was the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. I was exhausted and worried that I wouldn't be able to make it through. They did suggest a C-section but because I don't have any help to take care of my babies I had to push through it. I couldn't allow myself to get a C-section unless it was an emergency. I was finally able to get her head through and almost passed out twice from the pain. Just when I thought it would be over and she would be here her shoulder got stuck in my pelvic bone because she was too big to fit & turned face up. The doctor ended up having to break her arm to get her out. When she was finally out she was pale with purple lips and not breathing. I waited for over a minute and a half which felt like eternity to hear my baby cry. She was in shock from the delivery. I was able to kiss her before they took her to make sure she was alright. As for me, other than being traumatized I didn't tear or hemorrhage, thank goodness, especially since my DR basically had her arms up there trying to help me get her out. The only thing we could do for my baby girl's arm is wrap it up with an Ace bandage to stabilize it. She is in pain, the Tylenol seems to help a little so she can sleep though. She is breastfeeding well, which I am very thankful for. It's been a couple days now since her birth and a tough recovery for the both of us but we are both doing well. She is beautiful and healthy. Although the experience was traumatizing, I'm so happy that she's here. I have my postpartum appointment tomorrow to check my blood pressure and I'm going to make sure to tell my doctor how thankful I am for everything that she did for us.

I am still in shock that I made it through, the pain what is excruciating especially since I had to push for so long. I was so exhausted. The nursing staff that were there to help me through it were absolutely amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better medical team.

View attachment 1099815 View attachment 1099816

omg how scary I’m glad you are both ok. My son wasn’t breathing when he came out too scariest thing ever. Congrats mama she’s beautiful! Xx

Impatient thats so frustrating so sorry!

im the same that’s why I’m pregnant with my 6th! It’s awful not feeling done as I hope I am this time, I can’t go through this again, hubby is getting the snip plus I have a chromosomal deletion that I can pass into my kids one of my daughters has it so far!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about being done!

I've moved on from feeling sad about it, it doesn't consume my thoughts anymore. But it does occasionally cross my mind, like who knows in 4-5 years time? I'm hoping my partner doesn't get a vasectomy soon and if it hasn't happened or we don't want it to in that time frame then he should definitely do it (if he's happy to). We all have to be done at some point though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->