July & August 2021 Due Date Babies!

@Kiwiberry her poor little arm :(
I had to clean under her arm yesterday and I felt so bad :(. The moment I gently lifted her arm up to try and get underneath she started crying & shaking. I made sure to do it quickly and then put her arm back, then I let her nurse. She was feeling a lot better after that.

I had to clean under her arm yesterday and I felt so bad :(. The moment I gently lifted her arm up to try and get underneath she started crying & shaking. I made sure to do it quickly and then put her arm back, then I let her nurse. She was feeling a lot better after that.
Aww how awful :( did they say how long it should take to heal?

Aww how awful :( did they say how long it should take to heal?
The orthopedic that we saw last week for her said around 2 to 3 weeks. This week is the second week and then a week from now he wants to see her again. I'm hoping by then she's all healed up

The orthopedic that we saw last week for her said around 2 to 3 weeks. This week is the second week and then a week from now he wants to see her again. I'm hoping by then she's all healed up
Bless her - I hope he’s right!

Oh gosh hon. Did u go into labour early with her hon? That must of been so scary and worrying.

Awww bless her hon. Such a little trooper

Oh gosh hon. Did u go into labour early with her hon? That must of been so scary and worrying.
Yeah, I went into premature labor. They tried to stop it with a magnesium drip, but it didn't work. They don't know why I go into early labor. That's why every pregnancy after that I've had to have weekly progesterone shots. It worked for my son and baby girl. My second daughter though I had a rupture at 32-ish weeks, had to stay in the hospital until 34 weeks then I was induced.

Last edited:
34 weeks today! Time still seems to be flying by, guessing it may slow down as I read 36 weeks and finish work! Scary to think if I go by DD2 I could have baby in around 4 weeks!

I see the midwife Tuesday and she should be ringing up to book my growth scan. Terrified to know my fundal height especially as I measured 4 weeks ahead last time ](*,)

Feeling more prepared now car sea is in the car and it also means the nursery doesn’t have a giant car seat box in it. Just got to put 3 pictures up in the nursery and that’s completely finished. Then I need to order a baby monitor my problem is I still can’t decide which one I want.

026F7441-DD35-4727-AB18-4EA8F3ECF06B.jpeg

@Kiwiberry oh my goodness bless her

Awh max is so gorgeous!

@MadamRose beautiful bump.

im such an organiser so it’s killing be being away from home and not being able to get the last bits done or know his size or what I still need. Just trying to keep it in my head that all this or personalised announcement outfits, plaques or teddy’s aren’t important :wacko:

@wantingagirl I still can't get over how far away from home you are!! Did u say 800 miles? That's insane!! Our hospital atm doesn't really like you taking all that stuff in really!! Xx

@Kiwiberry oh my goodness bless her

Awh max is so gorgeous!

@MadamRose beautiful bump.

im such an organiser so it’s killing be being away from home and not being able to get the last bits done or know his size or what I still need. Just trying to keep it in my head that all this or personalised announcement outfits, plaques or teddy’s aren’t important :wacko:
I wouldn't buy too many newborn clothes, they grow out of them very very quickly. If you're wondering about your baby size and unsure, get 0-3 months. They will be a tiny bit big on them at first but they will grow into them nicely.

So midwife said she wasn’t going to book my growth scan just yet as they are being really strict about them, so she was going to do it at my 36 week appointment. Then she check baby position at first she thought baby was head up, but they aren’t they are just curled Up lots like almost in half but definitely head down. She did my fundal height and I’m measuring 35 weeks, well as I measured 34 weeks, this now means according to the rules I have decided fetal growth so have to have a scan today’s - she assured me she doesn’t actually think I’ve got reduced growth and was 99% sure that it’s because baby is so curled up but she said it was the perfect way of the hospital not being able to refuse the scan. My headteacher may kill me tomorrow as she’s already annoyed that I’ve got two appointments one week apart (this and my home birth one next Tuesday) but she can’t do anything!

Just as expected I am having a big baby! I know scans can be out but I actually think mine is pretty accurate as it puts baby on track to be similar to M and C. Current estimated weight is 6lbs 8oz! Placenta etc all normal good fluid level etc. Role on Tuesday when I can tell midwife all is good for home birth!

C0B2212F-A586-47FC-A22E-2DF12DC21101.jpeg

Do you have to go back for another scan? I had a growth scan at 36+3 and she was measuring 40+3 (head and abdomen) and estimated weight was 7lbs 5ozs - so have another growth scan next week. How big were your other babies again?

Any other July/August mummies had their baby’s yet? :)

Do you have to go back for another scan? I had a growth scan at 36+3 and she was measuring 40+3 (head and abdomen) and estimated weight was 7lbs 5ozs - so have another growth scan next week. How big were your other babies again?

Any other July/August mummies had their baby’s yet? :)
Nope I don’t have to go back, she said midwife might want to send me again but they didn’t need to. My DD1 was 9lbs 12oz at 40+6 and DD2 was 9lbs 13oz at 38+4 so 6lbs 8oz sounds about right for just before 35 weeks

Okay so an update on baby, she had her two-week check-up and weigh-in last Wednesday. She weighed 10 lb 1 oz, which is more than 1 oz per day from the last time she was checked the previous Thursday. I'd say she's doing pretty good with her weight! I don't think that doctor doubts my breastfeeding ability anymore. She had her check up for her arm at the orthopedic this past Wednesday. There is good and bad news, the good news is her arm that was broken is healing very well and she's moving it a lot more! The bad news is she's still not moving her other arm only the hand and wrist. They think she might have some nerve damage from when the doctor was trying to help get her out by pulling on her neck a little bit. He told me it's normal for this to happen with a traumatic birth. They called it a brachial plexus, which is basically damaged nerves in her shoulder and arm. There are two options, one of them is surgery which needs to be performed before she's 3 months old and the other is occupational therapy. They scheduled me an appointment with a surgeon to see if the surgery would benefit her. The surgery obviously would need to be performed before the occupational therapy because of how time-sensitive it is. I'll update when I know more about whether or not she's going to need to get that surgery done. I feel so bad for my baby girl, she's already been through so much in the last thing I want is for her to undergo surgery. Obviously if the surgery is not performed she will have lifelong problems with her ability to move that arm. I did notice that she was keeping her arm pretty limp but I thought maybe it was because she was a newborn, but now that I see how well she's moving her arm that was broken, that's where the concern was and that's why I mentioned it to the orthopedic. It's a good thing I did because otherwise we could have passed the window in which it could have been repaired.

@Kiwiberry the poor little mite, she really is going through a lot bless her! Hopefully you get some more answers nice and soon, glad her broke lm arm has healed well though

@Kiwiberry
Awwww bless her. I'm so glad the arm that was broken has healed nicely. So sorry about the other arm. I really hope u get some clearer answers soon hon. Poor little mite has been through so much.
It's great she is gaining weight well that shows she is healthy. Lots of mummy hugs is just what she needs.
Thinking of you both sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->