July/August IUIs

Babywhisperer does this mean we are on the same track in our cycle? When is your next ultrasound?
They found a cyst on my right side. I get blood work locally because RE office is pretty far so have to wait to see how my hormone levels come back. I hope I don't have to push out this cycle or wait. Makes me nervous!
I take prenatal, vit d, fish oil, folic acid calcium , and probiotic but that is mainly for my stomach issues.
Up to metformin 2 times a day and so far so good... 3 times a day on Saturday

I am cd 8, last night was my last bc dose and tonight I start injecting. Last time I did 9 nights of injections, then trigger, and 2 days later IUI. So from 1st night of meds to IUI was 11 days. I never did bc last time because I had everything all ready before cd1. I wonder if that is going to affect it. Next u/s is Friday.

Just got off the phone with my doc and he wants to do an earlier ultrasound to check the follicle growth. My first ultrasound is Friday, July 25. I am expecting the follies to be super little. This time, I will be sure to ask how many follies are growing and each size for my records.

I hope this early start and extra monitoring with a trigger will help. Please, please let this be my BFP!! :hugs:

How are you ladies doing??

Hey ladies! I am kind of on a mini "vacay" at the coast in Texas. I just wanted to check in to say WELCOME and hey to all the new people!! So happy to have y'all here :). I also wanted to say good luck, prayers, happy thoughts, and tons of positivity towards all of you old and newcomers alike. Hope to hear good things from y'all and will catch up soon!

Hey ladies! I am kind of on a mini "vacay" at the coast in Texas. I just wanted to check in to say WELCOME and hey to all the new people!! So happy to have y'all here :). I also wanted to say good luck, prayers, happy thoughts, and tons of positivity towards all of you old and newcomers alike. Hope to hear good things from y'all and will catch up soon!

Enjoy the vacay!!

Did my 1st injection last night. Whay am I such a chicken to inject. It's like the same apprehension for ripping off a Band-Aid or getting lady bits waxed! :haha:

Another day of GF, EF, and DF and I can feel a difference. I just feel better. Now if DH can be a little more sensitive and not eat say, a giant bowl of pasta with tomato sauce and cheese on top it would be great. :thumbup:

Does anyone know the % for multiples on an injectable protocol? My Dr warned me and now I am very worried.

Crossing fingers and toes for all of us. Hope everyone is feeling good.

I am not sure of percentages...but my last round of follistim gave me 3 possibly 4 mature eggs. But the count was really low. I am hoping for the same in follicles this cycle but a higher count. I think there are so many factors to consider, it is just a hard thing to predict. But I think most doctors try to make sure your risk of 3+ is significantly reduced. Twins I could handle (don't really want to but could). Anything more will give me a heart attack. I know things are different for you since you already have a young child. Twins would have a bigger impact on your situation.

I start femara last night & confirmed the delivery for my meds...so I should get my package Thursday. I am out of town Fri-Mon so I will be doing my follistim while on the road! Should be interesting. Now I am just completely paranoid I will forget my meds all together. I think I will pack them in my purse tomorrow night just to be safe. I am glad it comes in a nice convenient bag...easy to travel with.

I am getting so anxious for this IUI.

Another day of GF, EF, and DF and I can feel a difference. I just feel better. Now if DH can be a little more sensitive and not eat say, a giant bowl of pasta with tomato sauce and cheese on top it would be great. :thumbup:

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is well. I've been lurking this thread for ages sending you all good wishes. :)

I can SO identify with what you said, Babywhisperer! At night when I'm craving something sweet and feel my resistance weakening I just go to bed and hope to sleep through it. Without fail, my husband will get himself a big bowl of ice cream and sit in bed with it right next to me and watch TV. Dude! What are you trying to do to me??? :dohh:

Babywhisperer I think the percentage is around 10%. I have read less than that, more than that, I think it may also depend on the dosage of meds and how many follies. I know that Clomid and IUI is like 8%. BUT, as with all things TTC everyone says something different. DH and I really want twins, we even talked about doing higher meds to increase the odds. :haha: My grandmother had natural twins, so it does run in my family. Having a son and then twins, so close in age, would be tough. Your ultrasound is Friday, same as mine! Will they tell you how many follies are growing??

beaglemom injections on the road! EEEK! I am such a baby, that I would probably stab myself (accidentally in the wrong place- since I would in fact be stabbing myself). :rofl: I am anxious for my IUI too. I think after the first one comes back negative, the anxiety keeps going up. We are here for you.

Are you not allowed to eat certain foods while taking the injections ladies?? DH is pretty good at not eating bad stuff that I want, BUT not always. I can tell him, no sweets or foods late at night. He will grab some cookies, bring them to the couch and offer me one. :growlmad: Really?? :haha:

Hi! Just waiting for my blood results! Ltruns, have so much fun!
Babylala I hope you're doing ok waiting too!
Baby whisperer, my RE added a bunch of injections last minute and gave me 50% chance of twins, 15% triplets, and 5% quads. I said bring it on. DH has 4 kids. I'm willing to match him. Lol
Speaking of my step kids, one of my stepdaughters called me last night (they have been with their mother for a month vacation) to tell me the 4 year old is swimming all by herself! Finally! It was so cute. She made me a video and she holds her breath even when she's just swimming above water. Lol we worked hard on learning that part in the bathtub for weeks! She says hi Jen I love you! I miss them.
Hi to everyone else! Hey mischief! Beagle, hopefully your weekend getaway will speed up the time a bit! I know what you mean about forgetting meds. I stress out about that too!

Hi! Just waiting for my blood results! Ltruns, have so much fun!
Babylala I hope you're doing ok waiting too!
Baby whisperer, my RE added a bunch of injections last minute and gave me 50% chance of twins, 15% triplets, and 5% quads. I said bring it on. DH has 4 kids. I'm willing to match him. Lol
Speaking of my step kids, one of my stepdaughters called me last night (they have been with their mother for a month vacation) to tell me the 4 year old is swimming all by herself! Finally! It was so cute. She made me a video and she holds her breath even when she's just swimming above water. Lol we worked hard on learning that part in the bathtub for weeks! She says hi Jen I love you! I miss them.
Hi to everyone else! Hey mischief! Beagle, hopefully your weekend getaway will speed up the time a bit! I know what you mean about forgetting meds. I stress out about that too!

JCM I was just searching the thread for you and babylala' beta results. I was just coming in to post to you two to tell me the info!! :winkwink: :flower: How long are they going to make you wait? The wait is killing me too!! :hugs:

Enjoy the vacay!!

Did my 1st injection last night. Whay am I such a chicken to inject. It's like the same apprehension for ripping off a Band-Aid or getting lady bits waxed! :haha:

Does anyone know the % for multiples on an injectable protocol? My Dr warned me and now I am very worried.

Crossing fingers and toes for all of us. Hope everyone is feeling good.

Here's a link to some info on the rates of twins. I am not sure if it's 100% accurate, but it was kinda surprising.

https://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/a/What-Are-My-Chances-Of-Having-Twins.htm

I went at 8:30 this morning and called my office am hour later! Lol we chatted about ivf in case of negative results. They said they will make it happen right away so we don't miss a cycle if we need to. She said she hasn't gotten my results yet but should have them from the lab fairly soon. Ahhhh this wait is killing me. I'm not feeling super positive but I think I'm just preparing myself for bad news so I don't get too crushed. I'm obviously really wanting the positive but I think I'll be ok if not. This past 2 weeks has brought me up and down enough times. Lol I'm prepared!

I have never been told any diet restrictions on my meds. I have actually never even been told not to drink while on them.

I'm not allowed to have caffeine or alcohol. Which I'd totally be fine with if I was really pregnant! DH is like, think of it as a test run. Lol I said ok, that goes for you too. Yeah right!

I'm not allowed to have caffeine or alcohol. Which I'd totally be fine with if I was really pregnant! DH is like, think of it as a test run. Lol I said ok, that goes for you too. Yeah right!

I have already cut out almost all caffeine. I drink decaf coffee & half & half tea at home...so I really only drink caffeine if I get a drink when I go out.

Mikihob you are so sweet! Thanks for thinking of JCM and I today!

JCM, I'm just waiting for them to call with the results. It's so pathetic that I'm anxious about it because I got a negative just two days ago. I'm hanging on to that desperate bit of hope. Ha ha!

I hope that you get some good news today!

We are in the exact same boat! I googled "bfn 13dpiui and postive beta 14dpiui" lol apparently it happens a lot! I literally have everything crossed today for us. Even my legs! Lol come on, I'm not ovulating, what good are they uncrossed at this point!?

I literally hit post on my last message and then my phone rang. The nurse confirmed that we did not have beginners luck :(.

I'm sad, and did cry a little bit but DH made me feel better. I'm at work so had to pull it together quickly. Guess I'll be having a glass of wine tonight. Now I'm thinking of all the things I should do in the next few days - maybe drink a diet coke while bouncing on a trampoline, eating brie and summer sausage. ha ha!

FX for you JCM!!!

Awww I'm sad to hear it! I really wish we all lived in the same city so we could hang out on these kinds of days! If mine is negative I will drink a glass of wine "with you" tonight. Or a bottle...

babylala - So sorry it was a negative for you. On to the next cycle! LOL I love your plan of doing everything you can't all at once. Sounds like fun!

Sorry babylala:( I feel your pain. Enjoy all the foods you wouldn't be able to eat if you were pregnant! That's what I do too! We have to keep chugging and encouraging each other as difficult as it is. Thank god for supportive dhes!

Good luck jcm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"