July/August IUIs

I have a full bladder story. At the beginning of my infertility treatment, my obgyn sent me to a radiology center to get an ultrasound done to check things out. You needed a full bladder so I chugged some water ahead of time. Then waitedand waited, and waited... Turns out they skipped over my name on the list. Boy was I about to burst by then!

Almost the same thing happened to me. The patient registration system went down so everyone had to wait for it to get back up. I swear by the time my name was called my eyeballs were floating in my head. :wacko:

I used to work in a radiology facility. I felt so bad for all of the pregnant ultra sound patients. They looked miserable! Can this day hurry up!? I could conceive tomorrow and I'm too excited!!!

Ha, I always have to wait at least 20 minutes for my RE so I know tomorrow will be an uncomfortable full-bladder wait!

JCM, I feel the same. This is going to be a long day! I triggered last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought. My husband and I were watching the 'how to' video and I had finished before he even knew I started. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly for us tomorrow!

What does everyone do to distract themselves from going crazy? I need to pick up some hobbies. I'll do some light swimming starting this weekend but I need a good project to keep me distracted and not googling every tiny thing!

Ha, I always have to wait at least 20 minutes for my RE so I know tomorrow will be an uncomfortable full-bladder wait!

JCM, I feel the same. This is going to be a long day! I triggered last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought. My husband and I were watching the 'how to' video and I had finished before he even knew I started. I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly for us tomorrow!

What does everyone do to distract themselves from going crazy? I need to pick up some hobbies. I'll do some light swimming starting this weekend but I need a good project to keep me distracted and not googling every tiny thing!

Wish I had some suggestions...but I am awful at distractions. It makes it worse when work is slow & I am constantly in front of a computer. However I am volunteering at the library for the 1st time this week for this huge discount book sale. Supposed to go Thurs evening,Friday at lunch, & then the sale is Saturday. I hope that helps me. Maybe you could find a charity to help with. I know animal shelters always need help...something like that.

DH thinks it's funny that I refuse ibuprofen since "I am not pregnant yet". I reply, "I could be." I also LOVE Ibuprofen. I miss it. lol.

raelynn when I was 19, right before I was diagnosed with PCOS, I was going for an ultrasound and they said to drink how ever much water and by the time I left my house- 30 minutes away from the clinic, I could barely walk it was so full. If someone had cracked a really funny joke- it would have been all over. :rofl:

beaglemom you are right, no Advil. I meant to write Tylenol in my earlier post, but am so used to always using Advil. :wacko:

I am having a VERY hard time staying distracted. I started a pregnancy/TTC journal at home, that I write in when I get too antsy. I also color, I love coloring and can get super wrapped up in it, that an hour has passed. I try to stay busy but it's hard. I do find myself checking on common symptoms and seeing if I have them but haven't done too bad. I haven't yet convinced myself that I have something that I don't. :haha: :winkwink:

Glad everyone is doing well. Good luck with the IUI's tomorrow. Waiting for that IUI is so hard. I always spend the day before wishing it was the next day.

I always try and focus on whoever is ahead of me in the cycle. Like right now I'm thinking good thoughts for beagle because I know she went a week before me! So, by the time she gets to test I am already halfway through my wait. It's fun for me to get excited for people I meet on here. I have one friend that laughs when I talk about a girl I know online but she doesn't understand what it's like to go through these cycles. I also think it's good juju or karma to cheer others on that are in my same boat. I know my time will come and I hope everyone I get excited for, gets excited for me too.
Whew! So I do that and I also love my dogs and teach them new tricks til I get frustrated. Then I bake brownies. Then I eat them. Then I google symptoms. Lol! I may be of no help to distract you Babylala! If you want, you can obsess and laugh at me so you forget to obsess over yourself! : )
This time tomorrow, I'll be sitting on some wax paper in some stirrups! Can't wait!!!

LOL wax paper and stirrups! That's great! Don't let the symptoms make you crazy ladies. I swear I have more symptoms for my period than I did when I was pregnant.

I'm stressing myself out because my OPKs are getting pretty dark already and I don't go back to the RE until Friday. I'm sure everything is fine I just worry we're going to miss my ovulation.

Raelynn I'm usually ovulating at day 9 and 10. Today is day 17 so I'm totally freaking out about missing my window. I have to keep reminding myself I was on injectables to stopped me from ovulating and a trigger last night that makes it happen. I'm kind of controlling so the fact that I couldn't get myself pregnant was devastating enough. Now, I'm letting someone pull the strings and direct my body to do things and it's a struggle. Are they just giving you an ultra sound Friday? To check follicle growth?

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

I actually feel better being medicated & monitored...I feel less stress. But I was never an early ovulator...so the meds actually make my cycles shorter than usual...except stupid progesterone which makes it longer. So even if I get a negative & stop using them I have to wait 2-3 days for AF to start.

I think I have the whole control thing too. Even though I know they're monitoring everything I still test with opks and hpts. I normally ovulate late (very late) so I'm on clomid. But, since I had my daughter, my cycles have been significantly shorter so I'm worried clomid will shorten things up. I know I'm probably just worrying for nothing but it seems I'll always find something to worry over.

Hey ladies! Can I ask I question? It might shound really stupid but for me I just have what my body gives me which is one follicle and one egg!!
Why do ur doctors give u meds to have loads of follicles,surely that means they may all have an egg? Sorry I no it sounds thick of me but it's not something I have spoken with my doc about as I have never needed meds and I'm curious...

Nothing to report here CD9, first scan Thursday but if I go by last month I will be having iui Friday possibly Saturday.

I think I have the whole control thing too. Even though I know they're monitoring everything I still test with opks and hpts. I normally ovulate late (very late) so I'm on clomid. But, since I had my daughter, my cycles have been significantly shorter so I'm worried clomid will shorten things up. I know I'm probably just worrying for nothing but it seems I'll always find something to worry over.

Clomid always made my cycles longer & I would O just a little later (CD 17 or so).

Hey ladies! Can I ask I question? It might shound really stupid but for me I just have what my body gives me which is one follicle and one egg!!
Why do ur doctors give u meds to have loads of follicles,surely that means they may all have an egg? Sorry I no it sounds thick of me but it's not something I have spoken with my doc about as I have never needed meds and I'm curious...

Nothing to report here CD9, first scan Thursday but if I go by last month I will be having iui Friday possibly Saturday.

Sally I think it has a lot to do with your individual situation. I am on injectables to increase the follicles I release. Last cycle only had 1 dominant, so my follistim was increased. I have no known issues, but husband has low count. So with low count, more mature follicles means more to aim for & a higher success rate. The other way to look at it is you may release from both sides. On a normal cycle, you release on one side...the sperm usually split between the sides, so you could potentially lose half your army since they are chasing nothing.

But then the other side is your dr...some dr are just more aggressive...also depends on your age, how long you have been trying. We have been on no BC for over 10 years...so I think my dr is pretty aggressive, but not so aggressive that she shot us straight to IVF...she still has faith in the IUI. But if this cycle is a no, next cycle will be my last IUI...then on to IVF if needed.

I hope this helps some. I find a lot of variations on the forums on how drs work.

I agree with beaglemom. It depends on your doctor and your situation. I'm on a low dose of clomid so that I don't get a lot of follicles since I don't need them. I had one lead follicle on the IUI I got pregnant. So for me, one seems to work. But if others have been trying with one and that doesn't work, multiple follicles give them a better chance. It could also end up in a multiple pregnancy but that is normally a calculated risk since the lower number isn't working.

Sally – beaglemom pretty well covered it. My RE isn’t trying to get a ton of mature follicles but rather a stronger ovulation that produces a healthy egg and hormones that create an environment for that egg to get comfy and stick!
Beaglemom – your “stupid progesterone” comment made me LOL!!! Great idea to do some volunteering! I agree with you on feeling better being monitored. I felt really lost trying to figure it out on my own.
Raelynn – I’m sure everything is fine! This whole thing is so odd because we are so used to tracking our cycles and familiar with every twinge or pain that now it’s hard to turn that over to our doctors. I think women dealing with infertility are some the most knowledgeable, informed and strong women out there.
Mikihob – sounds like you’re doing a great job staying distracted! It’s just our nature to be curious and want to relate to other women’s experiences.
JCM – Haha, I better not start a baking habit or I’m going to be in real trouble –no self control when it comes to chocolate…or ice cream, or pasta for that matter. That’s a great way to think about this and I totally agree -the more of us who are successful the more hope we have!

Exciting to see how many of us are in this together!

I went in today for bloodwork/ultrasound after taking clomid CD3-7. I'm just on CD 9 but I ovulate early so they agreed to have me come in early to check. I'm glad I pushed for that because I have 4 follies, one mature at 21.4mm, the others between 14-12mm. I do my Ovidrel trigger tonight (Monday) and get my IUI on Wednesday morning. This is my first so I'm still kind of unsure how my body will respond to all of this!

Ltruns - I hope your progesterone draw went well today!

I'm bursting with excitement and nerves! I hope that one follicle produces a healthy egg. Fingers crossed for all of us!

I'm excited for you! I know it's uncharted territories when you go in for yourfirst! 4 follies is great! My blood draw went ok.. They said it was at 6.8 which suprised me how low it was on a medicated cycle! The nurse said they like to see over 3 to confirm ovulation and over 10 to support early pregnancy so they put me on progesterone. Praise the LORD. I have been asking my dr about prgesterone since I miscarried last year. Anyways, I am 9dpiui so praying that it isn't too late for progesterone!

I always try and focus on whoever is ahead of me in the cycle. Like right now I'm thinking good thoughts for beagle because I know she went a week before me! So, by the time she gets to test I am already halfway through my wait. It's fun for me to get excited for people I meet on here. I have one friend that laughs when I talk about a girl I know online but she doesn't understand what it's like to go through these cycles. I also think it's good juju or karma to cheer others on that are in my same boat. I know my time will come and I hope everyone I get excited for, gets excited for me too.
Whew! So I do that and I also love my dogs and teach them new tricks til I get frustrated. Then I bake brownies. Then I eat them. Then I google symptoms. Lol! I may be of no help to distract you Babylala! If you want, you can obsess and laugh at me so you forget to obsess over yourself! : )
This time tomorrow, I'll be sitting on some wax paper in some stirrups! Can't wait!!!

Hope your IUI went well! I am the worst about obsessing, and googling, and wanting complete control over the situation! I am really trying to be at peace with this whole cycle! And I agree about being happy for people on here, this is they best way to really vent and be with people who understand what we go through!

I test next Wednesday, July 16. It feels like July 2018!!! UGH! :test: I did POAS this morning at 6dpIUI and I got a negative. My HCG trigger is already out of my system. Yay! When, if, I get a positive this cycle I will know it's for real. I sure hope that I do. I am glad to see all of you lovelies doing so well.

:dust: for us all!!!

I test next Wednesday, July 16. It feels like July 2018!!! UGH! :test: I did POAS this morning at 6dpIUI and I got a negative. My HCG trigger is already out of my system. Yay! When, if, I get a positive this cycle I will know it's for real. I sure hope that I do. I am glad to see all of you lovelies doing so well.

:dust: for us all!!!

We are twins this cycle...I should be testing Wed/Thurs. Not sure if I will test early or not this time. I have tested out the trigger, though...all gone.

Yay beaglemom we are twins! I thought about testing Friday or Monday BUT I think I will try, TRY to wait until Wednesday. It's so hard. It's good to know we are both trigger free. Come on BFP's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->