July/August IUIs

Babylala I thought they would double check my follicles too but he just did a bunch of math to show me how they grow with all of the stuff I injected into my stomach all week! I'm gonna do the pineapple core like beagle. I love pineapple and I'm gonna try to love Pom juice. ; ) what days do you do Pom beagle? I wasn't going to test out the trigger but now I want to so I'll get some cheap ones. I'm really trying to drink more water and I love hot tea. I will just do decaf tea at night before bed I think

What I actually did was a smoothie with the pineapple, POM, & my protein mix. Very good. POM can be a little bitter like cranberry juice...but I have quickly gotten used to it. I have a bottle at home I am just drinking throughout the wait. No set schedule on that.

Your count was really good. I also have to deal with low sperm count, so 15 million sounds awesome to me! I honestly think if I had had more follies my first medicated cycle we would have done it. My husbands count was 11 million with 9 million post!!! That is an amazing recovery rate...so not so many of the boys...but the ones we had were strong. Then this time good follies (maybe 3-4) but horrible count at 500,000 :( I still have a shot though!

Your dr totally trips me out! He seems so out there with his methods. And I don't mean that in a bad way at all! But I have just not heard of some of the stuff he does.

My doctor is like a mad scientist! My husband hated him at first. Thought he was so weird. He used to almost be socially awkward but now he's hilarious! When I first saw him, he was totally up front and said what I'm going to tell you to do is weird and you will question me but I will get you pregnant. Lol I mean heparin injections and pills for prolactin and bcps in my vagina? WEIRD!!! But if this works I am sending everyone I know to him.
I might have to water down my Pom. I hate cranberry juice and when I would get utis, I'd water it way down and chug it!

Beaglemom - All you need is 1 sperm so you're definitely still in it.

I'm getting really excited hearing about all of your IUIs. Hopefully mine isn't far behind. My husband has to travel for work next week so I may be going at it alone this time.

Congrats on such a smooth IUI JCM. My last IUI I actually cramped a little on both sides on the way. Normally I don't, but this time I did. It's cool he had something to ease the cramping. Mad scientist. :haha: Sometimes we just one.

raelynn I hope your IUI is soon. This last IUI I thought DH was going to miss it. His two co-workers were both on vacation and then his boss had some family medical issue and he has been gone. I thought there was no way he was going to make it. He did end up going, he basically told them to suck it up- family first. lol. I really hope your DH can be there. If not, can you speaker phone someone in?? Just to keep you company before, listen during and keep you company as you rest??

Miki - I thought about skypeing but I thought it might be weird during the procedure. I've been through it once before so if he isn't able to be there, I'm sure I can get through it on my own. I'll just call him later or something. Guess we'll wait and see.

Hi all - we successfully completed our IUI today! It was much easier than what I had anticipated. I also thought they would do another ultrasound today to look at my follicles but they didn't. It actually all went so fast that I was kind of wondering if that could really be it after it was over! I will start progesterone tomorrow morning.

JCM, Buttrfly- how's your IUI's go today?

Mikihob - I took your advice and had a semi-full bladder. Uncomfortable, but I'll try almost anything!

I keep reading about pineapple core, anyone doing that?

Well my iui was a very pleasant experience! I think I ended up with 4 follicles and post wash 15 million 87% motility. I could really start to feel cramping on both sides on the drive there. Plus a lot of pressure down low. He told me it's totally normal and did a quick scan to measure how far in to release sperm or something like that? I heard him say ok 54mm and I sat straight up and said what!? What's that? Lol he gave me this dissolvable pill to put under my tongue right before he started really doing things when the speculum was in place. It tasted like pepper and gave me a head rush and then all of a sudden my cramps were gone! Totally tripped me out! Then we joked about me laying down for 15 minutes in the dark and he told me not to try a handstand. He's a funny guy. I can stop all meds and do my heparin shots for 5 days and then start progesterone this Sunday. Fun fun. He also has me taking folic acid 3 times a day, B-12 that dissolves under my tongue, fish oil pills, vitamin D and my prenatals. We pretty much cut my pill intake daily in half! Whew! No Advil, caffeine or alcohol. I get a blood test on the 23rd. I'm so happy this finally happened! I can't wait for DH to get home so we can be normal and do it! Haha!
I met him for lunch after and now I'm laying on the couch with my fur babies. Now....I wait...

Glad your IUI went ok! 4 Follicles sounds great! I meant to say earlier today, I am sorry you've had cysts. I had one cycle cancelled and it's so hard. Getting the green light to move forward at the baseline was like the most relief I've felt in a long time! I have had slight cramping since the IUI. It's hard being in the TWW after the procedure bc you think SURELY this will work! I think it's interesting your doctor said no caffeine. Mine didn't give me any dietary restrictions (except the obvious no alcohol) and told me after a day to resume normal activities such as running, lifting just to take it a little easy on those! Anyone else get any restrictions post IUI? I am still taking my prenatal, but it comes with DHA and Omega three so I am not supplementing any other way.

Looks like there wer e a lot of IUI 's today in this group! How exciting! I am at 10 dpiui and started progesterone yesterday. So far, no side effects with that. I am not a symptom spotter, the only thing I monitor is pre AF spotting and CM. The only pregnancy I have had, there was NO spotting before the BFP (ended in MC after forever ttc :cry:) so I figure if I can have a cycle with no spotting that may be a good sign! Of course, the progesterone probably helps with spotting, so who knows. I go in for blood work on 7/14/14 so not too much longer! I am like a pendulum between hope/excitement and nerves/pessimism. I had my last acupuncture appointment before the blood work so we shall see!
Good luck babylala, buttrfly, beagle and everyone else who had theirs today!

I test next Wednesday, July 16. It feels like July 2018!!! UGH! :test: I did POAS this morning at 6dpIUI and I got a negative. My HCG trigger is already out of my system. Yay! When, if, I get a positive this cycle I will know it's for real. I sure hope that I do. I am glad to see all of you lovelies doing so well.

:dust: for us all!!!

I test right before you on Monday! Are you going crazy? I am trying to stay busy. How are you feeling? I feel normal excpet slight dull cramps in lower abdomen! Good luck!

Yes the cysts are a huge let down! I'm hoping if I have to do this again next cycle I won't have any but I have a feeling he will make me take a month off anyway. We were pretty aggressive but it's my first so I'm good with it! I'm kind of nervous about progesterone. I'm told it's really messy. Mine will be once a day in the morning. I start the 13th so right before you test! Yay! I love that we are all grouped together with people on different parts of the iui cycle. So it's like there's always something happening and things to be excited about! Totally distracts me and keeps me positive! I'm not supposed to exercise for a couple of days. My temp can't be 101 and my pulse can't be more than 98. I asked my husband about it (surgeon) and he said maybe they are worried about infections or something. I laughed and said what kind of infection? A sperm infection? Cause that's what I want!
Raelynn after my iui my dr handed me my purse and said while you wait, go ahead and call mike and tell him his count like I know you want to. Lol! Skype during your relaxing time!

babylala having a semi-full bladder is super uncomfortable during the IUI. It's weird though because the first two I didn't lessen the fullness (how else do you say it :haha:) and I had more cramping pain. This time I lessened before I left and I barely cramped. It is REALLY awkward. The first time I was saying in my head, "Please don't pee on the doctor, please don't pee on the doctor." :rofl:

Ltruns I am also going crazy. I had low abdominal pain the last three days and it lessened up today, but it's still there. I have my usual Clomid side effects but this month my boobs are more sore and my fatigue is ridiculous. After being on Clomid for awhile my side effects get worse. I keep telling myself all these things I am feeling is nothing. I am trying to not psyche myself up too much. :winkwink: I am hoping that your dull cramping means implantation has occurred or is occurring and that your uterus is expanding. Woohoo!

JCM I have heard from other ladies that they wore a panty liner everyday. Nothing that will cause a thigh chafe or anything, just enough to keep the mess under control. Progesterone will leak, I've heard. I am sorry about your cysts. I hope you don't keep getting them. I also like how there is someone at each different part in the IUI process. That's funny about your doctor with your purse. My last IUI, the doc needed something out of my room and he knocked on the door, "Are you still laying in here?" I replied "Yes", "Oh, ok. We forgot." :rofl: Hilarious

Hahahahaa Mikihob! Right before we started he asked how I felt and I said lots of cramping on both sides. Then he put the speculum in and said how bout pressure at all? So I said Yes! I have had so much pressure in my back and down even lower like it's almost my butt like....and he goes like you feel like you have to poop? And I laughed and said yes actually, I feel exactly like that so could you move your face now because I'm scared and you're like RIGHT THERE. I was dying. Thank goodness I'm so comfortable with him. We are clearly very open. Plus I always get that gotta pee feeling before an ultra sound or pap. Even if I really don't!

Hahahahaa Mikihob! Right before we started he asked how I felt and I said lots of cramping on both sides. Then he put the speculum in and said how bout pressure at all? So I said Yes! I have had so much pressure in my back and down even lower like it's almost my butt like....and he goes like you feel like you have to poop? And I laughed and said yes actually, I feel exactly like that so could you move your face now because I'm scared and you're like RIGHT THERE. I was dying. Thank goodness I'm so comfortable with him. We are clearly very open. Plus I always get that gotta pee feeling before an ultra sound or pap. Even if I really don't!

Hahahah that's exactly how I felt after my iui!! Good description!

Last time my nurse asked if I needed to go and I said no. Then I sat in the room and told my husband oh man I should have gone...now all I can think about is if I really have to pee or just paranoid.

I take the P at night. So I don't have the mess side effect. But that is what I was told to do.

I am taking oral progesterone.. One tablet, twice a day. No mess. Any difference?

Raelynn thats great getting pregnant first IUI last time! I have been told the first is more experimental but I guess not for everyone! Are you using the same donor?

Jcm your hubby is so sweet! Glad IUI went well! Much more simple than I thought also. We have betas on the same day!! I'm still not sure if I will test at home before then.

Beagle the TWW is the worst!! When are you testing?
We need to have some kind of running list..I wonder who is testing first? Maybe ltruns then miki? Are you all testing at home as well?

Babylala glad your IUI went well! :D will you get a beta on the 23rd as well?

Is progesterone something that you ladies were just given in case or after a blood test? I go in for a blood test on 7/14 and they see if I need progesterone from that.
Have any of you heard no exercise during TWW? My friend had done several iuis and then IVF and was told for both no exercise. I emailed the nurse to see. I don't want to do anything that could interfere!
My IUI went well again! Now TWW and hopefully the last one!

Good luck ladies thinking of you all!

My dr gives everyone P. I think it just depends on the dr...some are automatic, some will do a blood test.

I have heard different things on excercise. I mainly hear to take it easy...does not mean do nothing. And do not do anything above what you already do. I am not as active, so I have stayed that way during our fertility treatments. I swim & plan to do some walking on the treadmill, but nothing major. I think the main thing is to not do anything that you will later blame yourself for if you get a negative.

I was so tempted to start testing today. But I think I will try to wait until at least Sat...that will be 10 dpo. I am not getting a beta. I was told to test in 2 weeks...if negative, stop taking the P & wait for AF.

That's beagle for the info. There are so many differing opinions on everything it seems. Some ladies won't even have sex I first trimester and this is something I just learned of. I probably will take it easy for a few days then maybe do light exercise. I never do anything crazy anyway.
Did you test your trigger out? Saturday will be here before you know if! :D

That's beagle for the info. There are so many differing opinions on everything it seems. Some ladies won't even have sex I first trimester and this is something I just learned of. I probably will take it easy for a few days then maybe do light exercise. I never do anything crazy anyway.
Did you test your trigger out? Saturday will be here before you know if! :D

Yes I basically had an almost invisable line 6 ays after trigger...same as the last time I took it. I am getting so antsy about it! But part of me wants to just wait until 14/15 dpo. But I have a ton of cheap tests...so we will see how it goes. Volunteering at my libray the next few days on my lunch & after work...so maybe time will fly.

I am also headed to the baseball hall of fame the end of the month...would love to be able to buy some baby stuff while I am there! Plus a huge Carter outlet in PA near my husband's uncle where we are staying.

My P has to be every morning starting Sunday. At least it will be after my staycation this weekend with my husband. Ltruns, I was really hoping for a pill. I'd even take a shot! Mine is crinon and it's a gel apparently with an applicator. I hate the stupid things. I'd rather just shove it in there myself. We bought lots of panty liners yesterday and pregnancy tests. The nurse actually said "sometimes there will be a thick wall of the cream in there and it's ok to kind of scrape it out and replace it with new cream." I didn't know what to say. Lol I stay on this crap for 11 weeks if I'm pregnant. Maybe I need extra help in the P department so I have to have this instead of a pill? I also asked if I can do it at night so at least I'm laying flat for the mess and she said no, morning only. Come on!
My question is, what's sex gonna be like with the wall of china in my vagina??

Buttrfly, I had some bloodwork done last weekend for P and E. I almost want it again to be sure I need to do this chore but I think my dr puts everyone on it like beagle said. I'm too afraid to exercise! I've waited too long for this. Haha last night we BD'd and it was actually fun again. Lately it's been like homework! So, after I took my pulse to make sure I wasn't above a 98 like the nurse said. Haha luckily I was at 90. Yay for beta buddies! I think Babylala gets a beta too.
I think I will test the Sunday prior because I know myself and I'm crazy. I'm just too excited sometimes I have to slow myself down a bit and remind myself it's possible it didn't work so I'm not super sad later. I think I will feel better knowing that the procedure part is so easy. It's the gearing up for iui that made me nuts.
Beagle your test day is so close! It's already almost the weekend! Hopefully you can hold off just before Wednesday. It's awesome you will be busy though. Try and make it to the Sunday before like I will the following week! If you can do it, I can do it! Ltruns, you can test this weekend yes? And Mikihob is with you too! I'm so SO excited!

I know...I actually was surprised today. I guess I have been waiting all week for time to go by...so today I look at the calendar & was like, oh tomorrow is Friday already!

So felt some twinges last night & this morning...but we ate a really bad for you dinner late...chili & hot dogs...so that could have been it. Then just now saw lotiony, creamy cm. But it is probably just left over P.

So I plan to not tell many people in the beginning...but if the timing works out this cycle, we will tell my husband's uncle when we visit. Only because he is in PA & we don't see him often & we have an awesome plan. He is a huge family tree/geneology guy. So my plan was to give him an updated family tree but with my family's side. He doesn't have any of that info. So when we do it, under me & my huband's name I am going to put baby #1 & see if he catches on to it. BUT if this is a negative cycle, that is still my plan...just might not be able to do it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->