• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/August IUIs

I don't know if I told you guys, but I am going out of town the end of the month. So if this one is a negative, I will take the progesterone a day or 2 longer just to extend my cycle so I don't have to miss another month. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Inspiration for you ladies...

Attachments

• miracle.jpg
    miracle.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Praying for lots of BFPs this cycle ladies!

Ok ladies trying to catch up...you are all quite chatty ;)

Rocki I hope you are feeling better! My RE told me to continue normal activity after IUI. I don't believe dancing can do anything bad. Good luck!

Raelynn my blood sugar tests normal with taking blood...it was 92. Only after I did glucose tolerance test we found out I was hypoglycemic ( years ago). Looking forward to seeing results from Saturdays glucose tolerance. At this point I am welcoming meds because I can't control with diet. I guess everyone is different but I am seeing a nutritionist and before seeing her I was doing low carb and was crashing. She said I wasn't eating enough. Now I'm eating a good carb with each meal and so far I think it has helped a bit. Any pointers with pcos? How many iuis did you have before conceiving your first?

Mischief so very sorry about your chemical. I also had a miscarriage last year and was ( and still am )devastated. It's just not fair. If you ever want to chat about it feel free. Good luck to you on your 2nd! I tried south beach at one point also years ago and I almost passed out..had to leave work early! Crazy how our bodies/ blood sugar can be. As I said above my nutritionist has me adding some carbs. Whatever works though. Thank you for the words of hope regarding IUI. Any tips for pcos is welcome from you as well! It's new for me and I can say I also felt terrible at learning about it. Good news is it can be treated.

Mikihob ugh about all the money spend. I know it's worth it in the end but it's tough all the same. Forgive me, not sure what DIUI stands for. Can you clarify? Yes iuis are monitored I had baseline ultrasound and bloodwork then more ultrasound and bloodwork on day 11. I was so impressed my body cooperated and I could move on to iui! By the way I love Advil also...ugh that it's not safe for pregnancy and conceiving. It's one of the first things I run to when AF appears!

JCM and babylala we are buddies for this cycle! I had my first IUI today but am going back tomorrow for a second. Anyone know about statistics on doing two versus one? We are starting with two but if it gets too much will go to one. Good luck ladies!!
That's funny about the full bladder stories! My RE asked me to empty my bladder before IUI so again interesting on differing opinions!

Ltruns you are very close to testing...good luck! I can understand how taking progesterone can feel like a relief to you. I feel like the more assistance the better! It is just such a feeling of being out of control with this process.

Sally that was a good question. I don't know much about this myself.

Beaglemom sounds like a great plan! Thanks for the words of encouragement :) sometimes it is hard to feel like you don't want to give up!

I hope I addressed everyone! Good luck to all and I'm hoping for lots of BFPs!

As I said I did first IUI today. DH's count was great. The procedure was a piece of cake I actually asked if that was it at the end! IUI number two tomorrow then the dreaded two week wait ( with blood work 7/14 for progesterone and estrogen levels. I've never been poked and prodded so much in my life!). Do you ladies do a preg test even if the doctor orders a beta towards the end? Wondering about my self control ;)

So exciting we'll have some testing soon!

I got a positive opk today so I'm hoping it is a false positive either caused by PCOS or since I'm still taking clomid. It is too early to be ovulating right? I'm only on CD8. But I'm also having twinges and I'm breaking out ugh hopefully this cycle isn't a bust before we even get started.

Buttrfly - I got pregnant on our first IUI last time. I did IVF before that though. About the 2 IUIs vs 1 IUI. I actually talked to my doctor about this because we're doing dIUI (donor sperm) and had to make sure we only needed one vial delivered to the lab. They said that studies show that there isn't really much of a difference between doing 1 and 2. They said they'd let us do 2 if we wanted but they don't tend to do them anymore. It probably depends on your doctor though.

Ok ladies trying to catch up...you are all quite chatty ;)

Rocki I hope you are feeling better! My RE told me to continue normal activity after IUI. I don't believe dancing can do anything bad. Good luck!

Raelynn my blood sugar tests normal with taking blood...it was 92. Only after I did glucose tolerance test we found out I was hypoglycemic ( years ago). Looking forward to seeing results from Saturdays glucose tolerance. At this point I am welcoming meds because I can't control with diet. I guess everyone is different but I am seeing a nutritionist and before seeing her I was doing low carb and was crashing. She said I wasn't eating enough. Now I'm eating a good carb with each meal and so far I think it has helped a bit. Any pointers with pcos? How many iuis did you have before conceiving your first?

Mischief so very sorry about your chemical. I also had a miscarriage last year and was ( and still am )devastated. It's just not fair. If you ever want to chat about it feel free. Good luck to you on your 2nd! I tried south beach at one point also years ago and I almost passed out..had to leave work early! Crazy how our bodies/ blood sugar can be. As I said above my nutritionist has me adding some carbs. Whatever works though. Thank you for the words of hope regarding IUI. Any tips for pcos is welcome from you as well! It's new for me and I can say I also felt terrible at learning about it. Good news is it can be treated.

Mikihob ugh about all the money spend. I know it's worth it in the end but it's tough all the same. Forgive me, not sure what DIUI stands for. Can you clarify? Yes iuis are monitored I had baseline ultrasound and bloodwork then more ultrasound and bloodwork on day 11. I was so impressed my body cooperated and I could move on to iui! By the way I love Advil also...ugh that it's not safe for pregnancy and conceiving. It's one of the first things I run to when AF appears!

JCM and babylala we are buddies for this cycle! I had my first IUI today but am going back tomorrow for a second. Anyone know about statistics on doing two versus one? We are starting with two but if it gets too much will go to one. Good luck ladies!!
That's funny about the full bladder stories! My RE asked me to empty my bladder before IUI so again interesting on differing opinions!

Ltruns you are very close to testing...good luck! I can understand how taking progesterone can feel like a relief to you. I feel like the more assistance the better! It is just such a feeling of being out of control with this process.

Sally that was a good question. I don't know much about this myself.

Beaglemom sounds like a great plan! Thanks for the words of encouragement :) sometimes it is hard to feel like you don't want to give up!

I hope I addressed everyone! Good luck to all and I'm hoping for lots of BFPs!

As I said I did first IUI today. DH's count was great. The procedure was a piece of cake I actually asked if that was it at the end! IUI number two tomorrow then the dreaded two week wait ( with blood work 7/14 for progesterone and estrogen levels. I've never been poked and prodded so much in my life!). Do you ladies do a preg test even if the doctor orders a beta towards the end? Wondering about my self control ;)

Ooh god recap! Thinking of you all!

I test next Wednesday, July 16. It feels like July 2018!!! UGH! :test: I did POAS this morning at 6dpIUI and I got a negative. My HCG trigger is already out of my system. Yay! When, if, I get a positive this cycle I will know it's for real. I sure hope that I do. I am glad to see all of you lovelies doing so well.

:dust: for us all!!!

Hi Mikihob,
I had IUIs on 7/4 and 7/5 so I am right behind you!! Im going outta my mind too....anaylyzing every single thing I feel in my body....googling every little thing too. Today I feel like ive been hit with a Mac Truck or IM getting the flu. Im curious how you're physically feeling? Im taking my test two days after you on 7/18.....its nice to see that Im not the only one whos obsessing over this too!! Good luck all!! I hope everyone is blessed this cycle!!!

My dr also said that the back to back IUIs did not have any evidence to back up them being more effective. She said with the monitoring & trigger, the timing should be pretty close. But again, depends on the dr. Back to back would also not benefit me because of my husband having a low count.

Happy IUI day girls!!! My RE didn't give me an option to do 2 so I am planning on trying to BD tonight or tomorrow morning. Maybe even again tomorrow night! My husband dropped off his sample just now and I'll be there in 2 hours! I can't believe I made it here! I have been waiting for 3 months for this appt! While shrinking cysts on birth control for 45 days. Ugh it was the worst! Even worse than any tww for the last year and a half! My husband is so sweet. He left Pom juice, dark chocolate and some more candy with a really sweet card this morning on my nightstand. I am SO excited! I don't even like dark chocolate but I'm willing to try anything in this tww!
Raelynn- I have only ovulated on cd9 as my earliest but my cycles were really messed up then. Sometimes I'd have 22 day cycles and at times I'd start bleeding at implantation and just have break through bleeding. My dr was thinking I was unable to implant after fertilization. Can you call their office and tell them you have a positive opk? I'm not sure what clomid does with that stuff since this was my first month on clomid. You might feel better and have your mind at ease if your dr office can answer that question. I call mine all of the time and I don't care! Lol

Leslie, I think I'm supposed to start progesterone in a couple of days and then I get a beta two weeks from today. I will not pee on a stick until at least NEXT weekend. This weekend hubby and I are doing a staycation so that will distract me. I think I need to plan something for every day next week so I don't obsess over testing. For now I won't test until the 20th. Does that sound do-able?

JCM - if they think you have implantation issues, I would def try the pineapple core if I were you. I did it this cycle...not sure if it helps or not. I think you start day of IUI, but I started the next day. I did it 1dpo-5dpo. The progesterone is going to make you feel pregnant. It makes me really tired. I think testing on the 20th should be fine...but if you have some cheap pregnancy tests, you may want to consider testing out your trigger. Mine was gone after 6 days...but I have seen other women who still have it at 10+dpo. If no cheapies, you can buy some at Walmart for 88 cent or the Dollar Tree.

Buttrfly DIUI is donor sperm IUI. My DH doesn't produce sperm and we were not able to get it started. We found a donor that is quite similar to DH in looks, attributes and even family history.

rocki I am going nuts! I too feel like I am getting the flu or something. Clomid always makes me tired, nauseas and gives me sore boobs. This month they are more sore and I am extremely tired and my nose is all stuffy. Plus, on 4dpiui I had blood when I blew my nose. What?? I don't know if any of this is actually good or not or if it's just me actually getting a cold. I too am having a hard time not looking up every little thing. :wacko: The past two days I had some sharp cramps and then a dull ache in my low abdomen and pelvis and it's gone today. See, reading into things....:winkwink: I also hope we can all be blessed this cycle!!

raelynn when was your last Clomid pill? Clomid can cause a false positive OPK if taken too soon. I believe you are supposed to wait until 5-6 days after your LAST pill before the OPK is accurate. You should ovulate 5-9 days after the last pill so I always start OPK's on day 5 after and continue through like day 12 (I have random cycle lengths). It could be a false positive. I hope it is so it doesn't mess with your IUI this month.

At least we are all in the TWW together. I am dying. :haha:

Thanks ladies. At this point I'm pretty sure I was just freaking out over nothing. Yesterday was actually CD9 and my last day of clomid so I was probably just getting a positive opk off of the clomid. I'm going to wait a few days before I start testing again to let it get out of my system. Hopefully Friday will show good follicle growth on the ultrasound!

Miki - I'm using donor sperm too and my daughter is a dIUI baby

raelynn you give me hope that my IUI with donor sperm can give me my BFP!! I hope it's this cycle, but if not, I know it can happen. :hugs:

I hope that you get some good follies on Friday.

I was actually getting so discouraged with my husband's count that I considered donor sperm. But it really upset my husband. So I think that if we had to make that decision, we would probably go the route of adoption. But his count is not so bad we can't do IVF. But I am hoping I won't need to think about any of that stuff!

Ugh...work is so boring right now...the wait is just driving me crazy. During every cycle, I want to fast forward through the TWW...like that movie Click. The rest of my cycle is fine because every day I am doing something to get ready for the IUI.

Anyone else here on injectables? I did femara & follistim.

My hubby was against donor sperm to start too. He had the TESE surgery to try and find sperm and we did find some. We did IVF with what they found and I got pregnant but I had a miscarriage. We didn't think we could go through that heartbreak again which could happen with poor quality sperm. Plus, the money for another surgery for him on just a chance to find sperm again and then pay for another round of IVF on top of that would drain our savings. You never know where you'll end up when you first start this infertility journey.

Hi all - we successfully completed our IUI today! It was much easier than what I had anticipated. I also thought they would do another ultrasound today to look at my follicles but they didn't. It actually all went so fast that I was kind of wondering if that could really be it after it was over! I will start progesterone tomorrow morning.

JCM, Buttrfly- how's your IUI's go today?

Mikihob - I took your advice and had a semi-full bladder. Uncomfortable, but I'll try almost anything!

I keep reading about pineapple core, anyone doing that?

Glad your IUI went smoothly. I am doing the pineapple core. This is the first cycle I actually stuck to it & got through all 5 days. I love pineapple, but I am so forgetful especially when it comes to eating or drinking. I usually just eat or drink when I am hungry & thirsty. I am not so good at forcing myself to eat & drink.

So basically you skin the pineapple then cut it in 5 sections. The core is the dark in the middle. Some people say the meat is not good to eat but I have read several forums & most people eat the entire piece...up to you. You start day of IUI, but I started 1 dpo...do it for 5 days, but no longer than that. I found it easier to add it to a morning smoothie.

You can also eat 4-5 brazil nuts during the wait. I am also drinking POM juice & eating a couple pieces of dark chocolate a day. I am trying to add good green foods if I can.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Oh...& can't remember if I told this group (getting my threads mixed up...hehe)...stay warm during the TWW. Make your body & womb warm & cozy so the egg can snuggle in. Some suggestions I read was eat soups, teas, always wear socks when walking around the house. Try to avoid super cold foods/drinks. I have a neck wrap you pop in the microwave. I got it warm & placed it on my lower belly. But not HOT, just warm. No really hot baths. Just keep the thought warm & snuggly in mind. I bought a ton of teas to drink throughout the day & I planned to only drink room temp water. However, I have eatten out too much this week so of course that comes with a cold drink & to go cup. Gonna try to get better tomorrow. I also bought an infuser cup to drink water infused with fruit.

Well my iui was a very pleasant experience! I think I ended up with 4 follicles and post wash 15 million 87% motility. I could really start to feel cramping on both sides on the drive there. Plus a lot of pressure down low. He told me it's totally normal and did a quick scan to measure how far in to release sperm or something like that? I heard him say ok 54mm and I sat straight up and said what!? What's that? Lol he gave me this dissolvable pill to put under my tongue right before he started really doing things when the speculum was in place. It tasted like pepper and gave me a head rush and then all of a sudden my cramps were gone! Totally tripped me out! Then we joked about me laying down for 15 minutes in the dark and he told me not to try a handstand. He's a funny guy. I can stop all meds and do my heparin shots for 5 days and then start progesterone this Sunday. Fun fun. He also has me taking folic acid 3 times a day, B-12 that dissolves under my tongue, fish oil pills, vitamin D and my prenatals. We pretty much cut my pill intake daily in half! Whew! No Advil, caffeine or alcohol. I get a blood test on the 23rd. I'm so happy this finally happened! I can't wait for DH to get home so we can be normal and do it! Haha!
I met him for lunch after and now I'm laying on the couch with my fur babies. Now....I wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->