July/August IUIs

Praying I hope you get some good news today.

Afm- I got my first negative hpt today after my pregnyl 1000 MG. Hopefully next week I will have positive HPT again. If not it's ok it was my first iui and I will know more for next time and I will be closer to my take home baby.

FBG - glad the trigger is gone! Mine left my system quickly as well. Much better than being in limbo on 11 dpo.

I had my baselin today...so all clear for my cycle. Medicated with follistim & femara...no IUI...but will use a trigger. I know my chances are low, but I am only doing this to use up the rest of my follistim & make insurance pay.

FBG - glad the trigger is gone! Mine left my system quickly as well. Much better than being in limbo on 11 dpo.

I had my baselin today...so all clear for my cycle. Medicated with follistim & femara...no IUI...but will use a trigger. I know my chances are low, but I am only doing this to use up the rest of my follistim & make insurance pay.

GL beagle your chances are still higher than a natural unmedicated cycle. If my insurance covered any treatments I would use that up too.

Praying - How frustrating! But I'm with the others, go for it if you feel that is what you want. What kind of tests are they waiting for anyway? Unless it is suddenly no sperm, then I don't see why it would need to hold anything up.

Afm - I had my blood and ultrasound done today. Two little follicles on the right - 9 and 10 and another around 9 on the left. They're barely measurable so still no idea how many mature follicles I'll end up with but I would feel much better with multiple follicles this time since the last round didn't work. Hopefully I get 2 good lead ones and we can go ahead and they don't cancel for too many (I don't know what "too many" would be in their minds). I go back Saturday to see how things are going.

Sounds great! I had 3 before the trigger 17, 17, and 17.5. I told my acupuncturist and she said that is a better sin for how I am responding, that all 3 were almost equal in size. It gives better chances when there isn't 1 so far ahead. So be happy, all 3 are almost perfectly in line with each other. That could be 3 targets!! Woohoo!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and apologize if I was a bit emotional in my post but I literally just hung up the phone when I typed that so that was raw emotion. Thank you all for always being so understanding and encouraging. I do want to give it a try as you've all stated it only takes 1 and I would hate to just do nothing for an entire month. I just don't want to do nothing, I want to do any and everything to increase our odds. This is something I want more than anything and the idea of them just saying oh wait a month is not comforting at all. People will never understand this process if they've never been through it themselves. I called the nurse and said we want to go ahead with IUI this month and she is going to speak with doc and get back to me (do you really thinkg she advised me to sit out this month before even speaking to the doc? WTH). I so do not want to share this news with DH he has been in a slump over ttc for the past few days.

No need to apologize, we've all been there. Let us know what the Dr says.

Praying I hope you get some good news today.

Afm- I got my first negative hpt today after my pregnyl 1000 MG. Hopefully next week I will have positive HPT again. If not it's ok it was my first iui and I will know more for next time and I will be closer to my take home baby.

Come on bfp on your first iui. I am proof it can happen! Now, maybe 3rd times a charm for baby #2 for me??? Come on catch that eggie!

Hi everyone so I guess this isn't my month afterall :( Just came from cd2 scan and my lining is far too thick for cd2 and doc needs me to shed it all before going forward with IUI. So tomorrow I start BCP morning and evening for 7 days then stop wait 7 days (AF should arrive) then take BCP for 1 month then give them a call when CD 2. So in a nut shell I am out for the next month from anything ttc related. So many emotions right now but I'm sure you'll can appreciate the disappointment I am feeling right now. Sucking up the tears and trying to put on a brave face. This is all a part of God's master plan. Patiently waitng for the day I am off this rollercoaster.

GL to you all I will try to pop in to check on everyone and see those BFP announcements but right now I think I will take a few days away to get my head in a good space.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and apologize if I was a bit emotional in my post but I literally just hung up the phone when I typed that so that was raw emotion. Thank you all for always being so understanding and encouraging. I do want to give it a try as you've all stated it only takes 1 and I would hate to just do nothing for an entire month. I just don't want to do nothing, I want to do any and everything to increase our odds. This is something I want more than anything and the idea of them just saying oh wait a month is not comforting at all. People will never understand this process if they've never been through it themselves. I called the nurse and said we want to go ahead with IUI this month and she is going to speak with doc and get back to me (do you really thinkg she advised me to sit out this month before even speaking to the doc? WTH). I so do not want to share this news with DH he has been in a slump over ttc for the past few days.

Girl. Don't ever apologize for raw emotion! I always let it out in full force on here. LTTC and Assisted conception is BRUTAL. the worst when it doesn't work. The.worst. I have gone through the almost all stages of grief this cycle. It IS grief, the most powerful kind I have ever had. And once I acknowledged it as such it was like I was able to live through it a little easier.

I really hope this cycle is the one!! How awesome would it be to get that bfp without iui. Crazier things have happened. I swear my friend had sex once with her husband and got prego, it was a chemical but seriously what are the odds, unmedicated, a thyroid and weight problem and gets prego just like that. They were in shock. She told me of this 30 day challenge her friends have done to get prego. Sex every day for 30 days, and I'm like who has the time???? If only that worked for us.

Major headache today, could it be trigger leaving my system? I feel sick.

Hi everyone so I guess this isn't my month afterall :( Just came from cd2 scan and my lining is far too thick for cd2 and doc needs me to shed it all before going forward with IUI. So tomorrow I start BCP morning and evening for 7 days then stop wait 7 days (AF should arrive) then take BCP for 1 month then give them a call when CD 2. So in a nut shell I am out for the next month from anything ttc related. So many emotions right now but I'm sure you'll can appreciate the disappointment I am feeling right now. Sucking up the tears and trying to put on a brave face. This is all a part of God's master plan. Patiently waitng for the day I am off this rollercoaster.

GL to you all I will try to pop in to check on everyone and see those BFP announcements but right now I think I will take a few days away to get my head in a good space.

Do you think there would be a difference in 24hrs? The reason I ask is that my RE insists on cd3 for all tests for baseline. Go ahead and cry, get it all out, you'll feel better. This is temporary, you will be back onto another cycle soon. In the meantime do some old fashioned bding!!!

Okay guys my pity party is over :) Everyone have an awesome weekend and come on Sept & Oct BFPs!

Thank you all as usual!!! I don't think I'd find it this easy without yall.

Do you think there would be a difference in 24hrs? The reason I ask is that my RE insists on cd3 for all tests for baseline. Go ahead and cry, get it all out, you'll feel better. This is temporary, you will be back onto another cycle soon. In the meantime do some old fashioned bding!!!

Hi Babywhisp-I'm not sure if it was the meds last month that screwed me up because cd2 last month the lining was less than half of what it was today. Staying positive that this break will be the perfect set up for my bfp. How has everything been going on with you?

Update here: talked to my doctor in office this week. Our visit went good. Our fertility clinic raised their IUI costs and it's over 1,000 without the meds. IVF is 16,000. I think we are going to go ahead and move towards IVF. My doctor suggest the highest effectiveness is shown in 3 IUIS, but that it tends to level off after that. He said that the choice is up to is- but that he understands that most couples don't start fertility treatments right away- it's only after a long time of trying that they seek out fertility treatments; so he understands that some do not want to try the three IUIs and will want to move on to ivf. When he said that, it dawned on me that's exactly how I felt.. I just can't stand doing IUI again for two reasons: the false feeling of high success rates followed by failed cycles and bc the money needs to go to IVF. Our biggest fear from my last post was never getting to be parents. We don't want to adopt. My doctor said with our great sperm and my great eggs that he sees no reason as to why we should fear never getting pregnant. He said "I feel like you can and will get pregnant, it just may be a matter of efficiency; it may take longer than you think." It was good to hear that we don't need to fear never getting pregnant. But at the same time- that's been our fear and our reality for almost three years. It's hard to believe in anything! Our current plan is ttc naturally while saving for ivf. I will stay on progesterone after ovulation bc all my day 21 bloods are always a little low even when I have good ovulation. (I kinda have to depend on charting for that I guess? And opks) One thing that frustrates me is that no one will prescribe femara or monitor ovulation in the mean time therefore no femara without a baseline ultrasound every month. My gyn won't bc we are seeing a RE, and my RE won't prescribe it unmonitored. It's frustrating the dog out of me bc we can't save for ivf if we are paying hundreds for baseline ultrasounds that are a crappy policy in my opinion. Ugh. So I'm just praying and hoping I ovulate regularly until then. Life isn't as stressful, and I'm going to do opks. My doctor thinks I'll ovulate regularly since my bloodwork was all regular until February this year when basketball season got so stressful for me. And my periods are and always have been regular, and up until February all blood work indicated ovulation up until then. But, I'm scared going off it. Round and round it goes!

So, I am trying to get the "in the meantime" stuff figured out, until we can gather the money needed for ivf. Both Our parents are going to help us, and we will try and apply for as many programs as possible (any ideas for ivf funding programs?!) With ivf, my age, and a unexplained in fertility diagnosis our odds at my clinic are 70-80%. Of course, in every situation we seem to be on the bad side of every statistic. But, knowing all the embryos have to do is implant is encouraging. Does anyone else moving to ivf and having family help cover it struggle with the fear of it not working out and then feeling guilty?! That's a fear of ours.

We are doing an ivf class eventually. Just trying to absorb it all right now, and focus on fighting the symptoms of depression I've been noticing creep in..

Hi ltruns those stats (80%) sound awesome and I understand your decision to go to ivf rather than more rounds of iui. I know my doc won't prescribe femara without monitoring in case cysts develop during your cycle. Does your clinic offer a payment plan? We have 1 round of iui then if no success we'll be on the ivf journey as well. Unfortunately with hubs SA this is what everyone thinks we'll need for success. When we initially found out we'd have to do ivf we started saving so hopefully should that be the path we have to take, we'll have enough saved up in time. Feb will make 4years we've been ttc so I really hope we can Get our bfp before that. I'd really like to have a Christmas little bump :) ivf classes sound good is that a support group? I do hope you are able to shake that depression off I know it can be overwhelming at times but fight through it Hun there is always sunshine after the rain:)

ltruns - my gyno let me take clomid unmonitored for 3 cycles before moving on to iui with clomid...may want to ask yours about that.

Good luck with ivf...I am applying for a grant...hoping to hear back soon. Just search ivf grant online & you will find plenty to apply for. If we do not get it, we just got a promo cash advance on our credit card...0% for 12 months with a 2% fee. So we will do that...anything left over at 12 months, we will refinance to a low interest 401k loan.

ltruns - my gyno let me take clomid unmonitored for 3 cycles before moving on to iui with clomid...may want to ask yours about that.

Good luck with ivf...I am applying for a grant...hoping to hear back soon. Just search ivf grant online & you will find plenty to apply for. If we do not get it, we just got a promo cash advance on our credit card...0% for 12 months with a 2% fee. So we will do that...anything left over at 12 months, we will refinance to a low interest 401k loan.

Beagle, thanks for the ivf funding ideas. My gyno did the unmonitored clomid with me from Feb-April 2014. I did develop a cyst but have had THE BEST time with femara- 3 months no cysts, and great results with the 10 day dosage the RE gave me. I called my gyno after the last IUI failed and they said that the gyno doesn't want to interfere with my RE's treatment so they told me to ask the RE. I understand why they want it to be monitored, it's just not financially or time wise feasible for us. One option they gave us was monitoring at a regular doctor closer to home (my RE is 1 hr away and I have practices until 5:00 at the earliest so every appointment is a big inconvenience). I don't have a GP bc I never get sick- haven't gone to a non- fertility/womens health doctor for years. And, living in a small town... half my athletes parents work at our local hospital so I'd have to figure out where to go that was closer than my RE but not in my town. All the parents in town are dying for hubby and I to have kids, so the last the we need is for me to show up in the clinic for anything but a cough! haha

hi everyone! just checking in. cd7 for me. holy hot flashes! i didn't have any femara side effects the first 3 months but i'm just drenched today. also started estrace today (new for me this cycle) and go in cd10 for first us.

ltruns- appreciate the updates on your ttc journey. im afraid im also headed in the IVF direction if iui #4 is unsuccessful so it really does help to hear from others who are navigating the system. those are great odds so really hoping you get that bfp quickly!

beagle-still hoping this is the one for you! what cd are you?

hoping-sorry for the unexpected break :( hope it will go fast and you have good luck waiting for you

and good luck for everyone else wherever you are in your cycles and journeys!

hi everyone! just checking in. cd7 for me. holy hot flashes! i didn't have any femara side effects the first 3 months but i'm just drenched today. also started estrace today (new for me this cycle) and go in cd10 for first us.

ltruns- appreciate the updates on your ttc journey. im afraid im also headed in the IVF direction if iui #4 is unsuccessful so it really does help to hear from others who are navigating the system. those are great odds so really hoping you get that bfp quickly!

beagle-still hoping this is the one for you! what cd are you?

hoping-sorry for the unexpected break :( hope it will go fast and you have good luck waiting for you

and good luck for everyone else wherever you are in your cycles and journeys!

CD 4 for me today.

Kjg- sorry you're having hot flashes with femara! When I was on it I had no side effects, big difference from clomid for me!

I'm on cd 14, and am unsure if I got a positive OPK yesterday. I haven't used them in so long. Yesterday's line was the darkest I've had in the four days I've used them (started cd 10) and today's was lighter than yesterday's, so I'm assuming it was positive yesterday as it was accompanied by a too high to reach cervix, and ewcm.

We've DTD two days in a row skip a day, two days in a row... etc. since hubby has gold star sperm doc said that pattern or every other day pattern was fine.

The odds of us conceiving naturally at this point is 1-2%. But hey, life with any odds is a miracle, so I'm trying to be positive.

Hi Babywhisp-I'm not sure if it was the meds last month that screwed me up because cd2 last month the lining was less than half of what it was today. Staying positive that this break will be the perfect set up for my bfp. How has everything been going on with you?

Would baby aspirin help that? I've been a stress case, like ball my eyes out, feeling broken, damn-it-all-to-hell stress case. The meds and stress had me in a pretty good lather last week. Work is a sht show, a kids ball pit of stupidity, and despite working my tail off and being the #2 salesperson and only woman, they continue to mess with me making it harder for me to make a living. People on the outside and inside agree it's very wrong, but there is nothing I can do. They pulled a stunt last week with a customer of mine and are trying to switch them to be covered by someone else and the customer called to protest and despite 2 conference calls with the customer they are moving the acct. The customer has told them they will not trade with us until they are given back to me. The acct has said they clearly don't care what they want, or how it impacts me, it's a bad business decision. I'm just done. I don't need the toxic environment with people stabbing you in the back, trying to steal accts, it is just too draining. And it's demoralizing. So add this to the pressure to get prego, the cost of this cycles not being covered, might be needing to do IVF....it just makes my head ache. And I love DH but he has no sense of urgency with regards to finances. He works as an attorney and is grossly underpaid, but he's become comfortable and doesn't want to commute into the city like I do. I am feeling a lot of pressure on me to change jobs and make more while he stays with a 15min commute at a firm that doesn't pay well.

Sorry to rant, but I have a full plate and I am always the one making career moves to start over at a place to make more money while he doesn't. I have a second job to come home to with regards to the baby and he doesn't get it. Ugh! What going to happen after baby #2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->