July/August IUIs

Babywhisperer - Like we need more stress in our lives on top of this TTC mess, right? Your job sounds very crazy. I hate how the corporate world works where everyone is just out for themselves and the bottom dollar. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. And, it is also tough if you have to keep switching careers while your DH does not. I'm sure that just adds to the tension. Hopefully things will work out soon for you so you can breathe a little. The strass probably doesn't help when TTC either.

AFM - My 3 follicles turned into just one. I'm kind of bummed out since I was looking forward to multiple chances this cycle. But, my left ovary is the one producing the follicle and the last 2 cycles have been the right so maybe this side will be the winner. My left is usually the lazy one. It was measuring at 19.7 this morning so I'm triggering tonight and IUI will be Wednesday.

:hugs: Babywhisperer sounds like your job is crazy at the moment. So sorry you are having such a tough time right now but I do hope the issues will be resolved to relieve some of the stress. We are already in such a fragile place with ttc and any little other stress factor can just take us over the edge. If you can possibly take a few days off for yourself (once the issue with that account is resolved). I was so overwhelmed last week I took one day off to do absolutely nothing. I stayed in bed watched tv and cooked dinner for DH and I. I think I just needed a breather. Hope you feel better hun :)

Raelynn-It only takes 1 hun, I've read countless success stories where people had cycles with multiple follies and got bfn and when they did a cycle with 1 they got that long awaited BFP. Keeping you in my thoughts and GL with your trigger and IUI on Wednesday

hi everyone! just checking in. cd7 for me. holy hot flashes! i didn't have any femara side effects the first 3 months but i'm just drenched today. also started estrace today (new for me this cycle) and go in cd10 for first us.

ltruns- appreciate the updates on your ttc journey. im afraid im also headed in the IVF direction if iui #4 is unsuccessful so it really does help to hear from others who are navigating the system. those are great odds so really hoping you get that bfp quickly!

beagle-still hoping this is the one for you! what cd are you?

hoping-sorry for the unexpected break :( hope it will go fast and you have good luck waiting for you

and good luck for everyone else wherever you are in your cycles and journeys!

Hey there@ Sorry about the hot flashes, they can be the worst, especially if it's warm where you live. I blast the a/c and dh wraps himself up like a burrito.

Good luck this cycle!!!

:hugs: Babywhisperer sounds like your job is crazy at the moment. So sorry you are having such a tough time right now but I do hope the issues will be resolved to relieve some of the stress. We are already in such a fragile place with ttc and any little other stress factor can just take us over the edge. If you can possibly take a few days off for yourself (once the issue with that account is resolved). I was so overwhelmed last week I took one day off to do absolutely nothing. I stayed in bed watched tv and cooked dinner for DH and I. I think I just needed a breather. Hope you feel better hun :)

Raelynn-It only takes 1 hun, I've read countless success stories where people had cycles with multiple follies and got bfn and when they did a cycle with 1 they got that long awaited BFP. Keeping you in my thoughts and GL with your trigger and IUI on Wednesday

Thanks hun. I work on commission so if I don't work I don't get paid, I just need to accept that what will happen will happen. I just help everyone I work with and I get screwed. I work harder, loner, more days than anyone. Everyone wants to sit next to me on the trading desk b/c I am that helpful and honest. Trust is a rare commodity. I need to change areas in my field and see what else is out there.

Ok I understand about working on commission but yes it wouldn't hurt to look and see what's available. Working on a trading desk is stressul enough without working with aholes. Hope your week gets better

Update here: talked to my doctor in office this week. Our visit went good. Our fertility clinic raised their IUI costs and it's over 1,000 without the meds. IVF is 16,000. I think we are going to go ahead and move towards IVF. My doctor suggest the highest effectiveness is shown in 3 IUIS, but that it tends to level off after that. He said that the choice is up to is- but that he understands that most couples don't start fertility treatments right away- it's only after a long time of trying that they seek out fertility treatments; so he understands that some do not want to try the three IUIs and will want to move on to ivf. When he said that, it dawned on me that's exactly how I felt.. I just can't stand doing IUI again for two reasons: the false feeling of high success rates followed by failed cycles and bc the money needs to go to IVF. Our biggest fear from my last post was never getting to be parents. We don't want to adopt. My doctor said with our great sperm and my great eggs that he sees no reason as to why we should fear never getting pregnant. He said "I feel like you can and will get pregnant, it just may be a matter of efficiency; it may take longer than you think." It was good to hear that we don't need to fear never getting pregnant. But at the same time- that's been our fear and our reality for almost three years. It's hard to believe in anything! Our current plan is ttc naturally while saving for ivf. I will stay on progesterone after ovulation bc all my day 21 bloods are always a little low even when I have good ovulation. (I kinda have to depend on charting for that I guess? And opks) One thing that frustrates me is that no one will prescribe femara or monitor ovulation in the mean time therefore no femara without a baseline ultrasound every month. My gyn won't bc we are seeing a RE, and my RE won't prescribe it unmonitored. It's frustrating the dog out of me bc we can't save for ivf if we are paying hundreds for baseline ultrasounds that are a crappy policy in my opinion. Ugh. So I'm just praying and hoping I ovulate regularly until then. Life isn't as stressful, and I'm going to do opks. My doctor thinks I'll ovulate regularly since my bloodwork was all regular until February this year when basketball season got so stressful for me. And my periods are and always have been regular, and up until February all blood work indicated ovulation up until then. But, I'm scared going off it. Round and round it goes!

So, I am trying to get the "in the meantime" stuff figured out, until we can gather the money needed for ivf. Both Our parents are going to help us, and we will try and apply for as many programs as possible (any ideas for ivf funding programs?!) With ivf, my age, and a unexplained in fertility diagnosis our odds at my clinic are 70-80%. Of course, in every situation we seem to be on the bad side of every statistic. But, knowing all the embryos have to do is implant is encouraging. Does anyone else moving to ivf and having family help cover it struggle with the fear of it not working out and then feeling guilty?! That's a fear of ours.

We are doing an ivf class eventually. Just trying to absorb it all right now, and focus on fighting the symptoms of depression I've been noticing creep in..

I could've written this post. I feel the same way hun. IVF is more than that in NYC, but our IUIs are not covered by insurance anymore so we might as well put the money towards IVF.

I also feel the depression creeping in. I feel like I need a break, a breather if you will. My bff who is an acupuncturist thinks it's absurd that I am being told I can't get prego due to age since I had a baby less than a year ago. Maybe that was a fluke? I guess we could keep trying but time isn't on my side, I turn 39 (gasp) in Nov. We can't keep doing IUI if it's not covered.

Have you tried funny movies? I swear funny movies break me out of my funk. Or watching my husband laugh so much he cries while watching South Park...I swear he becomes a teenager.

Ok I understand about working on commission but yes it wouldn't hurt to look and see what's available. Working on a trading desk is stressul enough without working with aholes. Hope your week gets better

Thanks, it's a wonder these guys are married. They are the reason I insisted that integrity was my first quality when meeting guys. Dh is a good person through and through. I hate interviewing, but it will give me an idea of whats out there, and whats not. I might just work from home more often.

Babywhisperer - Like we need more stress in our lives on top of this TTC mess, right? Your job sounds very crazy. I hate how the corporate world works where everyone is just out for themselves and the bottom dollar. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. And, it is also tough if you have to keep switching careers while your DH does not. I'm sure that just adds to the tension. Hopefully things will work out soon for you so you can breathe a little. The strass probably doesn't help when TTC either.

AFM - My 3 follicles turned into just one. I'm kind of bummed out since I was looking forward to multiple chances this cycle. But, my left ovary is the one producing the follicle and the last 2 cycles have been the right so maybe this side will be the winner. My left is usually the lazy one. It was measuring at 19.7 this morning so I'm triggering tonight and IUI will be Wednesday.

maybe it's a super follie now!! That is a great size. Remember all it takes is 1!!!

Babywhisperer - LOL I love it! Come on super follie! I'm right there with you with being completely baffled with these IUIs not working. I got pregnant the first try on IVF and then again on IUI so I'm just confused why it is so hard now. I never imagined having any trouble when it came to trying for number 2.

I'm also with you ladies on doing a break. We have a big family road planned in the middle of next month so I'm probably going to take a break next month too if this cycle doesn't work. I just don't want to deal with the added stress of trying to fit in all the appointments around our trip and a break might be good so we can come back and see if there is something else we can try if this doesn't work.

Goodmorning! Everyone has been quiet these past few days.

How's your tww going?

My tww starts today! IUI in a few hours. I feel super bloated but I'm guessing that is from ovulation or the trigger.

Good luck Raelynn...I really hope this is it for you.

I started my BD schedule last night...sort of uncomfortable...I think the femara is kicking in...last dose tonight & 1st dose of follistim. We will see how it goes. Follicle check is Sat...we are just doing timed intercouse this month with the trigger.

Goodmorning! Everyone has been quiet these past few days.

How's your tww going?

How are you??? I am a hormone roller coaster. I break down crying over stress and anxiety, toss and turn at night, and woke up to a text from my brother that my sister-in-law's water broke...she's due early Nov. I am very concerned. They are pumping her full of steroids to make the baby's lungs grow. I am so nervous for them. She is 42 and a diabetic. It's coming from all angles. I wish I could take off work and drive down to see them. Say a prayer ladies.

My tww starts today! IUI in a few hours. I feel super bloated but I'm guessing that is from ovulation or the trigger.

I swear I am envisioning a follie with a superhero cape! Come on and catch that eggie!! The bloat is from ovu. I swear I drop so much bloat after the iui.

I feel some tenderness in my boobs but that could def be the endometrin. My IUI was exactly a week ago. Thinking it didn't work and witch will be here by Sat/Sun.

Raelynn-GL today
Beagle-GL on your folliw scan and BDing :)
Babywhisperer-So sorry to hear about SIL that must be a terrible situation to be in I really hope the lungs are able to develop as needed with the meds they're giving her. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. So sorry you are feeling stressed and anxiety which must be a combination of ttc and the stress you have at work. I do hope you are able to overcome these feelings to be able to get some rest at night. How far away from you is SIL?

AFM-Well since I am not able to ttc this month I decided to try and lose a few pounds and signed up for weight watchers online. My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds before my cd2 scan late October. This should keep my mind occupied for the next few weeks. DH had to travel for work today and won't be back until Saturday so Bailey (my shih tzu) and I have the house all to ourself. I hope the quietness in the house doesn't drive me crazy.

I started my BD schedule last night...sort of uncomfortable...I think the femara is kicking in...last dose tonight & 1st dose of follistim. We will see how it goes. Follicle check is Sat...we are just doing timed intercouse this month with the trigger.

How are you feeling? Fingers crossed for you!

Raelynn-GL today
Beagle-GL on your folliw scan and BDing :)
Babywhisperer-So sorry to hear about SIL that must be a terrible situation to be in I really hope the lungs are able to develop as needed with the meds they're giving her. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. So sorry you are feeling stressed and anxiety which must be a combination of ttc and the stress you have at work. I do hope you are able to overcome these feelings to be able to get some rest at night. How far away from you is SIL?

AFM-Well since I am not able to ttc this month I decided to try and lose a few pounds and signed up for weight watchers online. My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds before my cd2 scan late October. This should keep my mind occupied for the next few weeks. DH had to travel for work today and won't be back until Saturday so Bailey (my shih tzu) and I have the house all to ourself. I hope the quietness in the house doesn't drive me crazy.

Thanks lady. They live 2hrs away in no traffic with for NY/NJ is impossible. We have a lot going on this weekend, but may try and drive down Sun if we can.

Good for you with WW. Reducing carbs, no alcohol, and having soup for dinner will help drop weight fast....small dinners are key. Someone told me GGs crisps before every meal fills you up and helps you lose weight. I will be doing that diet soon, it's called F Factor.

Hopefully you can get outside with the pup this weekend and stay busy.

Feeling okay...cramping continued all day yesterday. Tonight is another BD night...hoping it goes okay. I realized last night I have less meds tha I thought. I was doing 225. I took 200 last night & it seemed to take half of what was left. So I will do 150 tonight & the rest tomorrow. I ope that plus the femara is enough to produce some good eggs.

Feeling okay...cramping continued all day yesterday. Tonight is another BD night...hoping it goes okay. I realized last night I have less meds tha I thought. I was doing 225. I took 200 last night & it seemed to take half of what was left. So I will do 150 tonight & the rest tomorrow. I ope that plus the femara is enough to produce some good eggs.

It should be, the meds stay in your system a few days and will continue to make them grow. Hang in there and bd and have some fun with it.

Hi Babywhisperer-I hope you are able to get to see SIL this weekend. I just googled the F Factor diet that looks pretty interesting. How is SIL and baby responding to the meds/treatment so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->