Kay's Christmas journal

DH saw BIL earlier and he said he's coming round for Christmas Eve, so I need to make more of an effort on our traditional buffet this year. We used to have everyone round and slowly they all stopped coming so I've cut right back the last couple of years. He may bring his son as well but he has some mental health issues so it will take a lot to get him out. I'm hoping he does come though. They also invited us round on the Saturday before Christmas, I think it's the 22nd, for some sort of pre Christmas get together. Excuse to wear my Christmas dress :haha:

Yeah it should be good, I haven't told the kids yet as BIL is not known for his ability to stick to plans haha

Right, I'm officially done. I said it before and bought some more but now I am done..... Unless there's something anyone is absolutely desperate for.... So, I decided to re-type up my lists as I made a few changes to what I think I'm going to give the boys on Christmas Eve.

Family.

MIL - Photo Tile
BIL - Mug, Biscuits and Coffee
SIL - Mug, Biscuits and Coffee
Mum & Dave - Set of mugs, Biscuits and Coffee
Grandad - Photo Tile
Niece - Jeffree Star Lipstick

Friends.

K - Two books, 2x selection boxes for her boys
N - Two books, 2x selection boxes for her girls
Secret Santa - Coffee flavours set, Shane Filan mug, Wax Melts, Unicorn sticker and colouring book for her daughter, Selection box and little monster high doll also for her daughter.
Friends son - Selection box
Niece's half siblings - selection boxes

Pets.

Snake - Hide
Cat - Treats, Special meat
Dog - Doggy mince pies, Selection of Christmas themed dog toys
Mum's dog - Doggy mince pies, Elf dog toy

DH.

Hoodie
Cousin Eddie Funko Pop
Nivea Men set
Father Figure DVD
Yoda Mug
Chocolate
Orange flavour Chocolate
Paul Weller CD
Jeans
Deep Fat Fryer
Wallet
Roger Daltrey Book
Jack Daniels

Christmas Eve - Scotland Yard Junior board game for all four boys to share
All boys will have - PJ's, dressing gown, slippers, selection box
J - Phone and case
Z - Phone and case
N - Six shooter toy and Rik Flair figure
S - Six Shooter toy and Hey Duggie figures

J -
Stocking -
PS4 skin
Key and Ps4 keyring
Gadget stickers
Portable charging port
Chocolate Coins
Santa Smarties
Gum balls
Toblerone
Fitbit style watch
Toothbrush

Presents-
Laptop
Laptop case
Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption collectors box
Headphones
Headset
Battlefield V
Hero on a bicycle book
Jurassic World DVD
PJ's
Jurassic World Evolution game
Hot Chocolate flavour set
Rainbow Six figure
Far cry Primal
Keep Out gamer door sign
Gamer mug
'I paused my game to be here' T-shirt
'Evolution of gaming' T-shirt
Meg DVD
Black Ops 4
Selection box

Z -
Stocking -
X-box skin
Controller accessories
Gadget stickers
Fitbit style watch
Santa Smarties
Chocolate coins
Toblerone
Portable charging port
Gum balls
Toothbrush

Presents -
Laptop
Laptop case
Football gloves
Shin pads
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ark game
TV
Training top
Winter training kit (with hoodie, joggers and top)
PJ's
Kart Racing
Destiny 2
Football boots
Assassins Creed Odyssey
'Evolution of football' Hoodie
Football jokes book
I'm Farticus book
Wallet
Personalised Mug
Selection box

N -
Stocking -
Playmobil sheriff
Playmobil skate boarder
Tangle toy
Foo fighters CD
Santa Smarties
Chocolate coins
Gum balls
Toblerone
Maths toy
Squashie
Toothbrush

Presents -
VR and controllers
Ark game
Driving game
Robinson game
Eagle flight game
Headset
Controller
Little shop of Horrors DVD
Horizon Zero Dawn
Headphones
Playmobil Cowboys set
Assassins Creed Odyssey
The Greatest Showman DVD and Clothes
Firewall Zero Hour
Stretch Armstrong
Onesies
Playmobil Outlaws
Playmobil Roman Arena
Selection box

S -
Stocking -
Quicksilver Lego figure
Playmobil Cowboy
Playmobil Go Kart
Chocolate coins
Gum balls
Santa Smarties
Toblerone
Squashie
Coco DVD
Sherlock Gnomes DVD
Hair ties
Toothbrush

Present -
Hotel Transylvania game
Headphones
Lego Ninjago game
Plants Vs Zombies game
Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 game
Controller
Headset
PJ's
Minecraft
Scooby Doo Dimensions characters
Lego Avengers game
Lego Dimensions
Lego Groot set
Bath Basketball toy
5x Books
Lego Spider-Man set
Play-doh
Moon Sand
Selection box

N and S also have a PlayStation.

Last edited:
Wow.... fab lists! I need some of your organisational skills!! I love that even your snake gets a present

Thank you. Buying for the dog helps with the Christmas morning mayhem. I wrap his presents and we give him them wrapped so he can tear the toy or treat out and run round all excited and then he doesn't keep trying to grab the kids presents :haha: but then the boys don't want the other animals left out. There isn't a lot you can get for a snake either :haha:

I've decide to try the dog with the Christmas tree this year as well. The last two years we've had it near the front door, behind the safety of a gate. You can see it from the front room but I'd much rather that it be in there. If I don't try I'll never know and can always move it.

Our dogs try to get into the girls presents too. Last year we bought ours an indestructible dog toy.... which lasted 5 mins before he destructed it Think we'll stick with food treats this year. At least they don't destroy the Xmas tree though!

To be fair to him we didn't really give him a chance. He had already chewed through our internet cable, the one thing he ever chewed that he shouldn't of, and hadn't got the hang of house training on our first Christmas with him, so I was worried he'd either chew through the lights or wet up the tree while the lights were on :haha: So I just put it straight out of the way.

Christmas food/drink bought so far;
Roses
Quality street
6x chocolate oranges
After eights
Toblerone
3x matchmakers
Southern comfort
Kracken
Advocaat
Prosecco
Honey roast Parsnips
Roast potatoes
Yoirkshire puddings
Stuffing
Chocolate orange viennetta

I really want to try the gingerbread matchmakers, but it seems they are exclusive to Tesco and they closed out little one. The big one is so out of the way, I've asked DH to get them when he passes it on his next tip run as he's sorting out the garage.

I've made a Christmas education advent thing for Ds3. Just scraps of paper to pull out of a pot, one each day from the first until ds1,2 and 4 break up from school. Some are as simple as a Christmas word search, or baking Christmas themed things, others are more complicated like finding out what other religions celebrate festivals during the holiday period, or where our traditions originate (like bringing a tree inside)

So, last night DH convinced me to buy a keyboard!
I had planned to get one for DS3 originally but he asked for other things and there wasn't enough left in his budget. Then a few days ago DS1 told us that he's been learning keyboard at school and enjoying it. I said to DH that they are expensive and neither of them have enough left in their budget. I've just got a tiny bit of emergency needs money left for each of them. But he was like "go on, it'll be good for Nate's fingers, Jimi will love it, he's good at music and can even help Nate, it can be between them."
So yeah, I bought more stuff. Oops. I think I'll make it between all of them though and set it up in the front room so I can keep it safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->