Kids Birthdays - How many presents?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
How many presents do you buy your kids for their birthdays? Do you have a set amount of presents or money?

I have 3 children and really want some kind of structure.

I'm thinking a main gift, a few medium gifts and then some little gifts.

Don't really want to set a money budget as my DD will want more expensive things for her 9th birthday than DS2 on his 2nd?

So what do you do?

1 each.
What ever they like at the time. Amount depends on what I buy that month so its decided at the time.

I tend to do what you are suggesting one main, a few medium and a few small x

1 main gift. Also a small something for the other sibling so they dont feel left out. When theyre older if they ask for more than one gift il get more within reason depending on price etc.

1main gift, 2-3 medium and 4-5 small I spend £150 only as also have party that normally cost £150.

I will probably do one main gift and then a couple of little ones to go with it.

We do a main gift then smaller pressies plus either a weekend of activities like zoo swimming soft play party etc xx

We do one big one. Last year she got a Y-bike and this year she got a fancy doll pram set with camping cot.

She gets enough small "gifts" during year that we decided to get the bigger ones for her b-day.

1 main one. She gets so many from family and it's so close to christmas she really doesn't need more than 1!

Usually about £300 which is far too much and the reason they have far too many toys

I'm thinking £150 from now on

Usually we take the kids out on a dayout for birthdays followed by dinner/lunch and a few prezzies from us.

However this year for DD2 birthday (which was Monday) we spent a lot more than normal.
she wanted a party, so we spent around £300 for the venue, decs, prizes, food and we had a cake and cupcakes made.

we got her a lego friends boat, £60 lego friends duvet set £13, a lego friends sticker book £4 and a dress, shoes and socks for her party to wear. which was close to £40 so present wise near £120 on top of her cakes and party. she got a lot from other people too.

Not sure if we are having a party for our eldest yet, but if we do will probs be about £250 and about £100 on top for presents.

our youngest is 2 this year so probs a day out to the zoo, lunch and will buy him some prezzies and a cake. so allowing about £250

This year we're thinking one 'big' present, which will likely be a scooter (though they're only £15), and then a Playmobil digger from Ebay, and a few small things like underwear and a jigsaw. But he'll either be having a day out or a party so that's a present too. The amount I will spend depends on what he wants/needs. If I thought he'd love, say, a bike or a toy kitchen, then that'd set me back much more than this year will; his scooter and digger etc will come in at around £50.

I don't set an amount. Maci's birthday is in a few weeks and I've spent under £100 on toys (love a bargain) and double that on clothes.

We have bought Josh for his birthday this weekend 1 present (an outdoor basketball hoop and a ball) but he is having a party, that's costing under £200, in total it has all come in at under £300. Even then it seems too much for me. He will get presents from family and then friends at the party so I'm not worried about quantity.

We took our oldest son to butlins for his 2 nd and 3 rd birthday so we just got him a few presents to open which we took with us

my oldest is not a big toy fan he must prefers to be out and about doing things so a trip to butlins suits him a lot better.

This year we are still going but we are going a couple days after his birthday so that we are there for the mister maker show as she show is not on for the holiday that his actual birthday is on so will be doing a small family tea this year to

I don't really have any set amount, I just buy what I think they will like or need at the time :)

I just sorta go with what I think he'll like at the time. So far it's generally been a bunch of medium/smaller gifts, a party and a day out after.
Last year we went to Thomas Land to go with his Thomas themed party and gifts. I didn't calculate how much it all cost me, I know if I did I'd cry! This year will be smaller :lol:

I buy what I can afford. They usually get a few gifts though, I don't count and I don't guess what it costs either. My children don't get throughout the year so Christmas and Birthdays are special xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->