Ladies Due Toward the End of March 2015!!

I haven't gotten anything for baby yet either.. I too am waiting for the shower.. And I'm not too worried. Newborns don't need much, and it seems that most my friend's that made a nursery didn't even use it anyways for the first few months except for diaper changing. When are your showers planned for?

Hey! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I did, and ate so much food!
Mkyerby, I can't believe your little one is kicking you in the ribs already! I get a lot of action but the movements aren't too startling yet. I'm sorry to hear you got your first stretchmark! That was my reaction too. "Nooo!!" lol.
I personally keep buying too much stuff! I bought lots of 3 month old outfits so I'm going to have to tell people for my shower to get 6 months or older. It's just too addicting! The clothes are too cute!

People have mentioned giving me a shower, but I don't think anyones really thought too much about the planning yet, so I'm not sure when they'll be. I've tried to mention that I would like them sooner than later, but I know it makes it hard right after the holidays. Hopefully they'll be at the end of January.

Yeah I was thinking end of January/beginning of February. I will probably have 2, because a lot of my friends and family wouldn't be able to make it here.

Call me crazy, but I thought the glucose drink was good. Lol I had orange and it was cold so I'm sure that helped a lot. Now let's hope the results come back good!

I think late January, early February is a good time for baby showers for our due dates... enough space after Xmas but enough space before going to term

mkyerb- you are crazy!:rofl: lol when I took the GTT test, my flavor was lime, it actually wasnt horrible but it made me slightly nauseus. But Im not a huge sweet tooth person anyways.. my weaknesses are fried foods :blush:

I've only had the orange and it's not too bad but didn't help me since I have it and now on insulin

I had the lime too. Omg it was awful! The taste wasn't too overly horrible, but I seriously had the worst heartburn ever for hours after drinking it.

How's everyone been? My blood results came back and my glucose was fine, but I was a little bit anemic so they want me to take extra iron which I'm really not looking forward to because I know it can give you tummy troubles, but that does explain the way I've been feeling. DH & I went to register for baby yesterday at Target and Babies R Us, so exciting! My lungs feel so smushed all ready! I can't lean foward at all or it really hurts. Ugh short person problems. :haha:

I'm having issues with my gd my first machine was giving me wrong numbers now I have a good machine and it's either my number are way too low or too high even on insulin

Oh no I'm sorry Kaiecee! What a pain to deal with. I hope you can get it all straight!

My numbers are still high hopefully something gets worked out soon

When do you ladies think 3rd tri starts? I always thought it was 28 weeks, but from what I've seen most people on here say 27. Either way we're almost there!

Im going by 28 weeks... as in, 28w 0d, so its really after you complete the 27th. It all depends... my insurance classified me as third tri back at 24 weeks so go figure lol

Moving out of our little house today!!! My husband is currently bringing a load to the storage unit, so Im just sitting around with a mug of decaf... after killing my back yesterday packing, Im not doing anything more than Quality Control :)

Hope all goes well with the move! Definitely take it easy and supervise! Isn't it lovely to have an excuse? :haha:

Hello, hope everyone is well!
Yeah, I was also thinking that the third trimester would start at the beginning of week 28. Getting close! =)
Good luck with moving swampmaiden! Are you moving somewhere in the area or to somewhere completely different? Getting a bigger place for baby? (Sorry if you mentioned it and I forgot)
Kaicee I hope the issues with your insulin/sugar levels work themselves out.. sounds stressful!
Everything is going so fast! I keep putting off planning my baby shower but realized I need to send out invitations in a few weeks to give people time to plan.
Hope everyone has a good week! Almost Christmas =)

thanks ladies... Im moving within the local area for the next 6 months... actually staying with family until after the baby is born because my husband is going to school up north about 500 miles away so we figured me being here surrounded by friends, family, familiar doctors etc would be better than me being up there all by myself 12 hours a day while hes in school. Soo, that means I am moving into a smaller space, so to speak. No nursery for me, the baby will have to share a room with me for a few months, then on hubbys next school break in june, we'll go up and join him. At least most of the work of moving is being doing now, as in getting everything boxed up and into a storage unit so the move in june will be much smoother.

And speaking of baby showers, I need to start my registry soon and get on the ball with invitations! I just cannot believe how fast time is going by... Xmas is next week! yikes!

Hope everyone's well! Everyone ready for Christmas? :xmas6: I've found prepping to be exhausting while pregnant! Shopping and carrying around bags gives me Braxton Hicks! I'm usually also dehydrated as well, so I'm sure that adds to it. Luckily I've got my shopping all done. But I found that my belly gets in the way when I'm trying to wrap presents because I normally lay everything out on the floor to do it and now I find bending and leaning over is painful. Haha who knew that would be an issue this year.

I just finished wrapping today and it was so annoying! You're right, I was wrapping on the floor and reaching over constantly was a lot harder! Yay for Christmas almost being here though. Unfortunately most of tomorrow will be spent in the car driving down to Virginia to my parent's house.

Come see me Dent, I'm in Va. :haha: Hope you have a safe trip. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow, it's been very cold and rainy all day today and I know it was sleeting in northern & western parts of the state.

Somehow we started a tradition where every year we make peanut butter hershey kiss cookies for our family & friends and put them into tins and give them for Christmas. We totally cheat and buy the premade rolls of peanut butter cookie dough because we make about 25 dozen cookies and it just makes it so much easier. Dh just went to 3 different grocery stores and none of them have the dough! Uggh looks like my mixer will be extra busy this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->