Ladies TTC August/September 2013

buttercup84 - keeping my fingers crossed for you to have a bfp this month.
rozzer - well lets hope it is strange in a good way, a bfp way. keeping my fingers crossed for you.
emzeebob - ohh i hope you will be getting a positive test soon then. nausea sounds like a very good symptom. keep us updated.

cd8 and we got our first BD in today!! I can't believe this is all happening. It's like when you are young, it seems so far away and now we are trying. I'm trying to do something like SMEP, but I don't temp so when I start seeing EWCM i'm going to BD (or try) 3 days in a row. So next BD will be cd10. woohoooooo!!! I really want to use OPK's but i'm afraid of how hubby will react... is that wierd? I don't want to go NUTS the first month out of the gate, but it'd be nice to know when i'm Oing exactly.

congrats on getting started. i will join you as af has departed. just another few days. my plan is to bed on cd 8 the not until cd 10. then bed everyday until the day after ovulation. so probably until cd 18. haha poor guy. but this is exactly what we did last time we got pregnant. so it should work. but i am temping and doing opk.

well if you think he will freak out about it then why tell him. i know last time we tried to make a baby my hubby was freaking out also. i told him that i would use an opk but i didn't bother to tell him everyday. i just made it fun. so why tell him more than that you will get it and see how it works you know. don't put to much pressure on him i guess is what i am saying. some guys, mine included, can get freaked out about becoming a dad even though you already have discussed it. haha they are too much. my hubby is the greatest dad ever although he was SUPER scared while making the baby.

good luck hun and keep us updated.

x

Bella- I could probably get away with not telling him, but aren't you supposed to do OPK's in the afternoon? If that's the case, I'd be at work, and have no idea how i'd get away with that. LOL. If I could do them in the AM, it'd be great because he goes to work way earlier than I do and i'm alone in the mornings.

Day 3 of solid smileys! I thought you were only mean to get one?!

However, I've had a temp dip today and cm has gone creamy so hopefully that means today is o day (only 7 days later than last cycle!).

Bella- I could probably get away with not telling him, but aren't you supposed to do OPK's in the afternoon? If that's the case, I'd be at work, and have no idea how i'd get away with that. LOL. If I could do them in the AM, it'd be great because he goes to work way earlier than I do and i'm alone in the mornings.

i guess i normally do use opk around lunch time. but couldn't you just bring one strip with you to work and go to the bathroom with it during a break? haha if it is any relive i can tell you that a couple of months of freaking out calmed down a lot as he got used to the idea of becoming a parent. haha

Day 3 of solid smileys! I thought you were only mean to get one?!

However, I've had a temp dip today and cm has gone creamy so hopefully that means today is o day (only 7 days later than last cycle!).

rozzer i normally get 2 smileys and sometimes 3. so nothing weird about it, i just think it just is like that with some woman. it was the same when we tried for our first. have fun bedding. :)

i guess i normally do use opk around lunch time. but couldn't you just bring one strip with you to work and go to the bathroom with it during a break? haha if it is any relive i can tell you that a couple of months of freaking out calmed down a lot as he got used to the idea of becoming a parent. haha

I could take one to work, but i'd rather not. I do get to come home from my lunch break from 12-1pm so I could do it then. I might pick up a box when I have a moment to be away from DH.

New to the page and wanted to say hello! I am TTC going on week 2? ish haha anywho go my implant removed the 11 and praying it doesn't take long!

99% sure I'm in the tww! Just waiting on some more high temps to confirm ov on my chart. I got a positive opk, ov pains, ewcm which has since gone creamy and a temp dip plus a few days of rises so pretty sure I did ov and it's not a false alarm (I have pcos which can cause surges with no ov after) anyone waiting with me? :)

Buttercup, I am with you, got my cross hairs today and I am currently 3 DPO like you :) I ovulated early this month so glad I was using OPK and temping :thumbup:

CantHrdlyWait I don't tell hubs I am temping or OPK although he gets disheartened with a negative pregnancy test think he thinks it will just happen :-( told him when we started last time it took 5 cycles to conceive DD and we are 8 years older now and more stressed with work commitments and bringing up DD. He will just add a funny comment like 'so hows the cycle, are we fertile?' sure we will get there :happydance:

Welcome Shay!!

HG- yeah - I think it would put too much pressure on DH if he knew exactly what was going on with my body. My mom says I need to stop thinking about it and just relax, but we aren't that "active" and if I don't have a plan, it'd probably take me forever to get pregnant. I'm OCD (seriously) so I like (almost NEED) to have something to plan and think about. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad!!

How is Zaly? haven't seen you post recently! I feel like time has already slowed SO MUCH going into my fertile window. We BD on CD8 (yesterday) in the morning and we won't BD again until tomorrow (probably the evening) so It just feels like forever waiting a day in between. Who knew? LOL

Well, the :witch: got me. :growlmad: No honeymoon baby for us. Boo...

But AF will be done soon and we'll be off to try again shortly. :)

Hello ladies, was just catching up on all the posts there. Sorry i havent been updating, still busy trying to get my new house in order.Good luck for your bfps!!

I am currently ovulating according to FF and iv been doing opks this cycle, i might get some clearblue ovulation tests next cycle if i dont get my bfp. Iv been using cheapys so far and iv been getting lines but they vary from day to day so its really confusing. I got a darkish line but then it got lighter the next day? On the packet it says the line should get just as dark as the control line, that hasnt happened yet so i dont know whats going on. Iv been dtd anyway so fingers crossed!!

Oh also something different this month is that yesterday when I went to the bathroom had bleeding, not spotting it actually dripped out (sorry tmi)and light red in colour but then after a few wipes it was gone. I dont think it was ovulation bleeding because Iv already had that, I get it every month but its always brown spotting. So this bleeding was different. It cant be implantation that heavy can it? and that soon?

Zaly - What DPO are you? Keep us updated!

Bought my first OPK's on my lunch break today! I got a pack of 7 individually wrapped ones that look like PG tests. I'm due to O in exactly 7 days and it was the cheapest one! LOL. I'll try these this month and if no success i'll get one that has 20 tests instead of 7. I'm using this month as a practice run even though we are actively TTC. I just can't see myself getting preg on the first try, so I'm trying not to get to obsessed this first try!

Zaly yeah a pos opk is when the test line is darker or as dark as the control line. It tests your lh levels which can vary before your pre ov surge so its not necessarily a problem to get almost positives followed by definite negatives before your true positive :)
Afm I'm planning on testing on Monday, eek!

Soooo.. I'm getting EWCM tonight. Tons of it. So i'm thinking i'm going to O before the 29th! I dont know how to figure out my LP without temping. My OPK was negative today but I didn't really do anything right before the first one because I was mostly just doing it for fun. Thinking about doing another OPK when I get home just to see if anything comes up. I only got 7 but I don't want to miss my surge.

It could be that you're gearing up yo O, or it could be something dietary. Since sperm can survive up to 5 days, I'd say BD tonight or tomorrow. Are you trying to time it for ever other day or everyday?

Mara - we are trying to do SMEP. We BD on cd8 and last night which was CD10. My OPK last night had a line but it was not darker, so still negative. I'm hoping the presence of a line means it's gearing up though!

CantHrdlyWait - im 1dpo today according to FF but still not sure if that's accurate

Buttercup - Thanks for that helpful info, I didnt know that could happen, how confusing is the female body eh:dohh: I guess i will keep testing for the next few days just in case xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->