Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had a look on netmums and there's a message saying it's been closed down today, but I've not seen any evidence of this from the media. I really hope it's true as it will be easier to get a refund.

I've just had a look on netmums and there's a message saying it's been closed down today, but I've not seen any evidence of this from the media. I really hope it's true as it will be easier to get a refund.

Its just been on the bbc news that CRAPLAND HAS BEEN shut down although there is confusion to why

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7765080.stm

Link to news of closure.

wow...i missed this thread...dont have a clue how, wondered why there was like 450 guests on the christmas forum page lmao!

I read in the paper about how santa and 3 elves got beaten up lmao, tbh i wouldnt have wanted to go anyways, not really my cup of tea, i'd be happy to pay up to go to the one in the north pole though :D

Cant believe its shut down though...at least you'll all get your monies back if it has
xx

Also...is it sad i just sat and read every single page of this LOL
:rofl:

Looks like they are just going to move all their junk up to the Midlands.

I hope this bad press doesn't affect Lapland UK in the Kent area. :(

Makes for an interesting read:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2002669.ece

a source close to the Mears family last night claimed they had no intention of creating a genuinely enjoyable attraction. The source said:
"They planned it all during the summer and went down to visit the site. They are a pair of wheeler-dealers and were really excited because they knew it was going to be a money-spinner."

They kept saying, ‘We’ll just stick a few things in the field, make a load of money and then bolt off. Once we’ve got people inside and they’ve paid their money there’s nothing they can do.’

Makes for an interesting read:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2002669.ece

a source close to the Mears family last night claimed they had no intention of creating a genuinely enjoyable attraction. The source said:
"They planned it all during the summer and went down to visit the site. They are a pair of wheeler-dealers and were really excited because they knew it was going to be a money-spinner."

They kept saying, ‘We’ll just stick a few things in the field, make a load of money and then bolt off. Once we’ve got people inside and they’ve paid their money there’s nothing they can do.’

:shock:

How pathetic!

IT'S BEEN CLOSED! (sorry to shout)

Check out the article on the "most popular" section of the BBC News Homepage

I'm so pleased to see that news. I hope everyone can now get a refund on their money.

I am somewhat concerned, that Lapland westmidlands opens up this weekend. I do hope it is not the same people doing it again.

Now that it has been closed down, will people who paid via debit card be able to claim their money back? We were due to go this Saturday but obviously as there is nothing there the tickets are completely worthless.

Oh what a mess and someone from my office was due to go this weekend. Maybe they should go to Brighton and claim their money back in person from Mr Mears....

I feel so sorry for all the children who were so looking forward to this. What complete *******s to do this at all, let alone this time of the year.

I've been having a look at the west midlands web site and I reckon it is the same people. I've put a link below to it, and then to the local paper.

https://www.laplandwestmidlands.co.uk/index.html

Check out the map and then have a look at the next link which is the same address as where they're going to be putting the lapland event. Seems just as shoddy as the new forest one.

https://www.shotgun.me.uk/page23.htm

Here's a link to the local paper where people have been leaving warnings about handing over money to these pikey scum.

https://www.expressandstar.com/2008/12/01/traffic-fears-over-lapland-festival/

The more we network all this stuff the harder it will be for them to get away with it.

Official Announcement: 4th December 2008 from Lapland New Forest Ltd.
With my deepest regret and sincerest apology I am left with no option but to announce that I am forced to close the children's entertainment theme park "Lapland New Forest" for 2008 due (I believe at the time of publishing) to:

• Intentional organised crowd manipulation and event sabotage during and since our first trading weekend.
  • The unscrupulous and inaccurate negative bias media broadcasts of both local and national press and television companies that contributed significantly to fuelling widespread public concern, frenzy and distraction since the 1st December 2008.
  • What I believe to be a wholly illegal action by the credit merchant company called "Streamline" of seizing /withdrawing all funds without notice from the Lapland New Forest Ltd bank account leaving us completely unable to trade.
For all people wishing to claim financial reimbursement I can only advise (at the time of writing) that you return to our website for further information on this important matter.

Both I and all of the Lapland New Forest Team have had every intention of both continuing and continuing to enhance our children's event ... we have all put many months of hard planning, endeavour and finance into the Christmas theme park ... our wonderful venture and advertising campaign proved to be highly popular and many of our visitors did have a great day with us!

We are all deeply upset at the outrageous lies, slander, accusations, violent threats and lack of official support we have endured and I have every intention of pursuing all matters to the full extent of the law.

From myself and every member of the Lapland New Forest Team to ALL of our valued customers and incredible team players that contributed so much to our honourable enterprise - we look forward to reaching a clear and satisfactory conclusion as soon as is possble.

Victor Mears
Director of Lapland New Forest Ltd.

Official Announcement: 4th December 2008 from Lapland New Forest Ltd.
With my deepest regret and sincerest apology I am left with no option but to announce that I am forced to close the children's entertainment theme park "Lapland New Forest" for 2008 due (I believe at the time of publishing) to:

• Intentional organised crowd manipulation and event sabotage during and since our first trading weekend.
  • The unscrupulous and inaccurate negative bias media broadcasts of both local and national press and television companies that contributed significantly to fuelling widespread public concern, frenzy and distraction since the 1st December 2008.
  • What I believe to be a wholly illegal action by the credit merchant company called "Streamline" of seizing /withdrawing all funds without notice from the Lapland New Forest Ltd bank account leaving us completely unable to trade.
For all people wishing to claim financial reimbursement I can only advise (at the time of writing) that you return to our website for further information on this important matter.

Both I and all of the Lapland New Forest Team have had every intention of both continuing and continuing to enhance our children's event ... we have all put many months of hard planning, endeavour and finance into the Christmas theme park ... our wonderful venture and advertising campaign proved to be highly popular and many of our visitors did have a great day with us!

We are all deeply upset at the outrageous lies, slander, accusations, violent threats and lack of official support we have endured and I have every intention of pursuing all matters to the full extent of the law.

From myself and every member of the Lapland New Forest Team to ALL of our valued customers and incredible team players that contributed so much to our honourable enterprise - we look forward to reaching a clear and satisfactory conclusion as soon as is possble.

Victor Mears
Director of Lapland New Forest Ltd.

Ha is that some kind of bloody joke!! Whats he playing at!
So its everybody elses fault! :rolleyes: of course it has absolutly nothing do with him! :rofl:

What a mup.

I'd love to see how far he can get through court and how much debt he will get himself more into doing it :muaha:

They've managed to every box in the predictable "list of excuses". For all of you who have paid up front but haven't been yet it's a great get out though, and you'll be able to get your money back.

WOW!!! I really hope you can all get your money back.....

What a jerk... :grr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back