Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an extract from another website chatting about lapland New Forest

New Forest web page -

<meta NAME="description" CONTENT="Santa's Grotto / Father Christmas Lapland theme park: Making Christmas dreams come true for children of all ages; Lapland New Forest is the seasonal event to see in the South East of England ... ">
<meta NAME="keywords" CONTENT="santa's grotto, santas grotto, santa grotto, meet santa, christmas grotto, santas gooto, father christmas, meet father christmas, christmas theme park, lapland theme park, christmas events, sanat's grotto, laplandnewforest.co.uk">
<meta name="Identifier" content="lapland, lapland new forest, santas grotto, santa's grotto, santa grotto, meet father christmas, christmas theme park">

West Midlands web page -

<meta NAME="description" CONTENT="Santa's Grotto / Father Christmas lapland theme park: Making Christmas dreams come true for children of all ages; Lapland West Midlands is the seasonal event to see in the Midlands ... ">
<meta name="keywords" content="Lapland, UK, England, Britain, Great Britain, christmas, vacation, holiday, break, children, kids, santa's grotto, santas grotto, santa grotto, meet santa, christmas grotto, santas gooto, father christmas, meet father christmas, christmas theme park, lapland theme park, christmas events, sanat's grotto, laplandwestmidlands.co.uk" />
<meta name="Identifier" content="lapland, lapland new forest, santas grotto, santa's grotto, santa grotto, meet father christmas, christmas theme park">

Yes - it's almost identical ! Notice that in one place the West Midlands site still has "lapland new forest" in it!

So in the code that makes both websites is "lapland new forest"

Could be a link conecting both to the same scumbags or Midland Lapland has just copied the New Forest lapland, either way it's looking more like a con

Anyone seen any fairground wagons going up the A34 and M40?

Power to the people, it's about time there was some justice in the Country.

This is an extract from another website chatting about lapland New Forest

New Forest web page -

<meta NAME="description" CONTENT="Santa's Grotto / Father Christmas Lapland theme park: Making Christmas dreams come true for children of all ages; Lapland New Forest is the seasonal event to see in the South East of England ... ">
<meta NAME="keywords" CONTENT="santa's grotto, santas grotto, santa grotto, meet santa, christmas grotto, santas gooto, father christmas, meet father christmas, christmas theme park, lapland theme park, christmas events, sanat's grotto, laplandnewforest.co.uk">

West Midlands web page -

<meta NAME="description" CONTENT="Santa's Grotto / Father Christmas lapland theme park: Making Christmas dreams come true for children of all ages; Lapland West Midlands is the seasonal event to see in the Midlands ... ">
<meta name="keywords" content="Lapland, UK, England, Britain, Great Britain, christmas, vacation, holiday, break, children, kids, santa's grotto, santas grotto, santa grotto, meet santa, christmas grotto, santas gooto, father christmas, meet father christmas, christmas theme park, lapland theme park, christmas events, sanat's grotto, laplandwestmidlands.co.uk" />

Yes - it's almost identical ! Notice that in one place the West Midlands site still has "lapland new forest" in it!

So in the code that makes both websites is "lapland new forest"

Could be a link conecting both to the same scumbags or Midland Lapland has just copied the New Forest lapland, either way it's looking more like a con

There is another site, Lapland West Midlands , that looks suspiciously similar to the New Forest rip-off - no company details on website - same presentation - same pricing - same online booking only. maybe I'm a cynic but I'd be very wary of this place. The web site states:
'Images used on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not represent the real event ' Hmmmmmm.

Also check out the Ts and Cs, I won't post them here but they basically say if we don't deliver, tough, no refunds etc etc. It stinks worse than my boy Harry's nappy and that's bad.

I could be wrong, it could all be kosher but I'm doubtful. The web site was only registered in oct or nov so that's suss - please warn anyone you know who may be thinking of going there to be very careful.

I should have said that I was referring the web site code referred in the quote - god knows we don't need TWO more!

There is another site, Lapland West Midlands , that looks suspiciously similar to the New Forest rip-off - no company details on website - same presentation - same pricing - same online booking only. maybe I'm a cynic but I'd be very wary of this place. The web site states:
'Images used on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not represent the real event ' Hmmmmmm.

Also check out the Ts and Cs, I won't post them here but they basically say if we don't deliver, tough, no refunds etc etc. It stinks worse than my boy Harry's nappy and that's bad.

I could be wrong, it could all be kosher but I'm doubtful. The web site was only registered in oct or nov so that's suss - please warn anyone you know who may be thinking of going there to be very careful.

Well I hope people spot that !!!!!!! That sounds like they know there place sucks... :shock: Sounds like they are just trying to jump in on the scam...

I've followed this thread silently from the very first post and I think it's absolutely wonderful that this forum has provided a voice for the general public and may have potentially led to the closure of Lapland New Forest scam.

However, the thing that has prompted me to finally register and speak up is the wording of the footnote on the Lapland West Midlands website. (Plus, as an expectant father, I feel I should register anyway and join the community!)

The website says: Images used on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not represent the real event

I was just wondering if that was their get-out clause for rejecting refunds from disgruntled parents who visit the 'attraction' and are severely let down? Have they learnt from their mistakes and attempted to close any legal loop-holes (assuming it is the same people of course!).

Well I hope people spot that !!!!!!! That sounds like they know there place sucks... :shock: Sounds like they are just trying to jump in on the scam...

Sorry to quote within quote but this is important if consumers are to have a voice. Firstly I don't know if the organisers of the west midlands site are the same and will do my best to find out, even if not it would seem that as Suz suggests it is people 'jumping on the bandwagon' and therefore highly suspicious.

Secondly I would urge anyone who cares about the special importance of Christmas to children (yeah - and a big one like me!), and the imperative of protecting those, who can often ill afford to lose money to scum who have no morals or ethics to at least give a 'heads up' to the local trading, police and elf and safety (pun intended) because the New Forest fiasco has left me close to tears.

I've followed this thread silently from the very first post and I think it's absolutely wonderful that this forum has provided a voice for the general public and may have potentially led to the closure of Lapland New Forest scam.

However, the thing that has prompted me to finally register and speak up is the wording of the footnote on the Lapland West Midlands website. (Plus, as an expectant father, I feel I should register anyway and join the community!)

The website says: Images used on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not represent the real event

I was just wondering if that was their get-out clause for rejecting refunds from disgruntled parents who visit the 'attraction' and are severely let down? Have they learnt from their mistakes and attempted to close any legal loop-holes (assuming it is the same people of course!).

:hugs: CONGRATS!!!!! We hope you stay!!!!! We need more Guys to pick on ... ;) I mean to give a Dads input around here :happydance:

:( I paid by credit card but only £90 so still dont think I will get my money back, bbc news tonight it needs to be over £100 before you are protected, what do you think the chances are of them being charitable about this?

:hugs: CONGRATS!!!!! We hope you stay!!!!! We need more Guys to pick on ... ;) I mean to give a Dads input around here :happydance:

Cheers for that :blush:

On a serious note, I think it will be very interesting to see some pics of the West Midlands site (if/when it opens) to see if the stalls, market and 'nativity scene' are the same as the New Forest site.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the people behind these ventures monitor this very forum to assess public opinion and also to preempt any media backlash.

I cant post urls but go to the express and star web site. This 10 post 10 min rule is absurd, your rules have treated me like a child and as a security expert I am personally upset, moreover this ridiculous control will do nothing to to stop spam or other abuse. I'm leaving now, to go sit on the naughty step. But I will not be back, I have tried to help and been belittled. Enough said.

I've just been on the Lapland West Midlands site, and yes your right it does look and sound the same. A couple of the images used are the same! Wonder what that is all about....surely it can't be the same people!?

I know lots of people have already said, but we were supposed to be taking our two children on the 19th....I've now booked to go to Creely in Exeter for the same day, as I didn't want to be reminded what we should have done. It only cost me 14 pounds....wish I had done that originally now. Oh well, lesson learnt!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I cant post urls but go to the express and star web site. This 10 post 10 min rule is absurd, your rules have treated me like a child and as a security expert I am personally upset, moreover this ridiculous control will do nothing to to stop spam or other abuse. I'm leaving now, to go sit on the naughty step. But I will not be back, I have tried to help and been belittled. Enough said.

:( Im sorry you feel that way..... Dont stay mad! You have been really helpfull :hugs:

:( Im sorry you feel that way..... Dont stay mad! You have been really helpfull :hugs:

I agree...it seems ashame that those who are trying to help feel like that.

as a security expert I am personally upset

I don't get your post, as a "security expert" are you more or less susceptible to getting upset?
In this 1 thread alone our spam filter has stopped over 40 spammers (and about 40 a day on the rest of the forum). I'm not about to switch it off because you throw a hissy.

moreover this ridiculous control will do nothing to to stop spam
really? well you didn't manage to get round it... (the real reason you feel belittled maybe?)

If you couldn't wait until you had 10 posts (when the restriction lifts) why didn't you just ask via PM to post a URL?

Now why don't we start again...

Your post for you MikMik:
MikMik said:
https://www.expressandstar.com/2008/12/01/traffic-fears-over-lapland-festival/

https://www.expressandstar.com/2008/12/02/talks-over-lapland-festival/

Please keep you eyes open and ears to the ground - read the articles, there are striking familiarities

I don't want to rub salt into your wounds but I would like to help some people out with some info flying around the Brighton area.... the reason being.... the Mears family come from Brighton and a lot of people know of them and here are some of the comments from the local rag... which I am very surprised have not been removed yet but anywhere here goes -

Henry Mears was in H,s Cafe in Coombe Road Brighton this morning laughing and joking with four frinds about the whole thing. He thinks that the whole thing has been set up by professional trouble makers and there is nothing wrong down there. That must be a major group of trouble makers with two thousand people complaining. The man needs to look at what he has done to all these people and give refunds to them.

another one

Victor Mears runs a firework shop on Lewes Road in Moulsecoomb. I went there to buy some fireworks (funnily enough) and Victor offered me a large box of fireworks for £30. I was quite interested, until he turned the box round and I saw, in large black letters, the words ‘damaged fireworks’ scrawled across the side.

Nuff said.

The efforts to recreate Lapland are quite funny but not for people who have shelled out.

another one

Ahh company secretary Mr Gavin Tanner. The upstanding businessman that ripped his own father off for over one hundred thousand pounds, was very suprised to hear he would be behind such a scam!!

another one

Ah, the wonderful Brighton Mears family. I guess the same ones that sell fruit and veg.
Did someone say pi*eys?
Incidentally, I think you'll find that Victor is the great uncle of Mary Mears, our esteemed councillor.

Well I know there is some pretty interesting stuff in there and hopefully it might help some people out or give them somewhere to start looking for their money back.

There are also some addresses that have been on various websites as well -

Victor Robert Mears
222 Selsfield Drive (not Road)
Brighton
East Sussex
BN2 4HH

Gavin Tanner (Listed as Company Sec'y)
26 Wembley Avenue
Lancing
West Sussex
BN15 4EF

and some people have said they were told to send their cheques to

14 Onslow Road
Hove
East Sussex
BN3 6TA

(Some posts show the postcode as BN3 5LN but this is incorrect)

The postcode for the registered work address is BN1 9HT, but this relates to a new industrial estate not far from Selsfield Road.

I hope this info will be useful to someone and I hope you get your money back.

If there is anything else I can help you guys with, drop me a PM. :bfn:

Adding to your post about the Victor Mears' reputation:
THE owner of the controversial Lapland New Forest is as a convicted fraudster who served time in jail for tax evasion.

Victor Mears, 65, who owns the park run by his brother Henry Mears, was sentenced to three years in jail in 1986 after admitting failing to pay £500,000 in VAT.

At the time he was serving a four-year sentence for tax evasion.

Victor Mears is well-known in Brighton as one of the city's most colourful characters.

He is part of the large Mears family, heavily involved in the city's markets and a clan which includes Brighton and Hove City Council leader, Mary Mears.

Mr Mears, born in 1943, ran a fruit and veg stall in Western Road after making money dealing gold bullion and antiques - a career which earned him the nickname Mr Gold.

When the authorities caught up with him he claimed he had put £1million aside for tax but that it was stolen in a burglary.

Yesterday it was claimed that Mears began organising the theme park earlier this year with his brother Henry, who runs a fruit and veg stall.

A source close to the brothers, based in Brighton, said that with ticket prices of £30 and up to 50,000 advance bookings online, they expected to make £2million over the festive period.
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/3948665.Lapland_New_Forest_owner_is_convicted_fraudster/

Here's another address that may help, from Companies House -

Name & Registered Office:
LAPLAND NEW FOREST LIMITED
UNIT 1, WILD PARK HOUSE,
HOME FARM ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
BN1 9HT
Company No. 06671308

Status
Not open for further replies.