• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Learning to drive and new drivers!

Eeeesh I'm getting so fed up with this. It's not the instructor it's me I'm thick as pig shit I'm never gonna get I'm constantly making a twat of myself on my lessons ffs I'm so frustrated why can't I just get the hang of this???!!! And as for reversing don't even go there it's a joke.:cry:

Eeeesh I'm getting so fed up with this. It's not the instructor it's me I'm thick as pig shit I'm never gonna get I'm constantly making a twat of myself on my lessons ffs I'm so frustrated why can't I just get the hang of this???!!! And as for reversing don't even go there it's a joke.:cry:

:hugs: Aw honey, I have lessons like that all the time! I'm quite small in height so find it hard to reach the pedal whilst reversing! I hate it! lol :dohh: Luckily i'm allowed to take off the seat belt otherwise i'd have a right big gash in my neck where the belt cuts in!

You'll be suprised how quickly you'll turn things around and you'll get more confident :hugs:

I had a go at reversing into a parking space the other day, my driving instructor wasnt impressed the fact I kept laughing at taking up 2 spaces and saying "This is fine, yeah?" :haha:

Ooh MrsB thats fab!

shampain - you're not thick hun it's bloody hard :thumbup: even the day before my test I had a godawful lesson and did stupid things. How regularly do you have your lessons? I found I had to have mine closer together, because there was a MASSIVE difference in how I did if I had a week between lessons than when I had a few days ie two lessons a week.

I had my first motorway drive last night - in the dark as well, I felt a bit nervous as its been 2 weeks since I passed and I've not driven as I have been too sore/fat/pregnant lol but it went really well! Tonight we are going looking at a mummy-mobile for me.

I am such a ditz, if you'd said to me at the start of this year that I'd be passed by now I would never ever have believed it :shrug:

:hugs: Aw honey, I have lessons like that all the time! I'm quite small in height so find it hard to reach the pedal whilst reversing! I hate it! lol :dohh: Luckily i'm allowed to take off the seat belt otherwise i'd have a right big gash in my neck where the belt cuts in!

You'll be suprised how quickly you'll turn things around and you'll get more confident :hugs:

I had a go at reversing into a parking space the other day, my driving instructor wasnt impressed the fact I kept laughing at taking up 2 spaces and saying "This is fine, yeah?" :haha:

have the same problem ... im 5ft !! and i cannot reverse around the corner because i cant see the CORNER :'( !!! have to take my belt of and actually hover above the seat ... whilst trying to drive :( not fun! lol x

Oh well done to those who have passed :happydance:

Im so jealous!! lol

Im starting to think ill never get there, i dont understand why is not getting through to me. I lacked confidence so much and ive come on loads with that now. But, even now after 32 hours (2 hours everyday im on an intensive course) i still stall the car and most of the time forget to come down the gears when im slowing down.. its causing major problems cuz it means im not doing my junctions correctly. I love my instructor shes been so patient with me but i finish my 40 hours this week and im no where near test standard :cry:

Thing is we're moving in 5 weeks so have to push to get my test done asap as i dont want to change instructor, i assumed after 40hours id be ready but im soo far from it! Shes looking for a test date for me now and i know i will fail so whats the point.. guess i should get booking another 10 hours and try improve best i can before test day!

have the same problem ... im 5ft !! and i cannot reverse around the corner because i cant see the CORNER :'( !!! have to take my belt of and actually hover above the seat ... whilst trying to drive :( not fun! lol x

oh and this is the same for me too. im only 5ft i cant even see over the steering wheel i have to take a cushion :cry: how embarrassing :haha:

oh and this is the same for me too. im only 5ft i cant even see over the steering wheel i have to take a cushion :cry: how embarrassing :haha:

Not as embarrassing as the driving instructor telling me I may have to get 'special' block for the pedals! :rofl: I might as well just get special blocks for my shoes and kill two birds with one stone!! hee hee - i'm 4' 11" :blush:

I think i'd drive better sat on the dashboard but may get mistaken for one of those nodding dogs :dohh:

Not as embarrassing as the driving instructor telling me I may have to get 'special' block for the pedals! :rofl: I might as well just get special blocks for my shoes and kill two birds with one stone!! hee hee - i'm 4' 11" :blush:

I think i'd drive better sat on the dashboard but may get mistaken for one of those nodding dogs :dohh:

:rofl::rofl: no i think im happy i only need a couple of cushions hehe

i dont use anything ... :/ i can just get by ... but the reversing thing is a joke tbh ... and u just know it will be us that have to do on the test!! lmao :p xx

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is thinking when will I get the hang of this..

congrats to the ladies who have passed :) I'm still trying to get over my nerves with driving

Confidence comes in time hunny- you should have seen me! good luck xxx

Agree with this, imo the more time you spend behind the wheel the more confident you get :hugs:

Thanks ladies, I am driving an hour a night with the husband, it was going smoothly until I went back on the main road, :dohh: and I got all panicky and upset, the annoying thing is I've had great driving days but since booking my test I'm just been buggering it all up :cry:

Damita I felt the same - I would cry so much after my last few lessons thinking I was mental to have booked my test as I obviously couldn't do it and kept doing stupid things :dohh:

The more I went out and the more often I went out the less out of my depth I felt though :flower:

Ooh MrsB thats fab!

shampain - you're not thick hun it's bloody hard :thumbup: even the day before my test I had a godawful lesson and did stupid things. How regularly do you have your lessons? I found I had to have mine closer together, because there was a MASSIVE difference in how I did if I had a week between lessons than when I had a few days ie two lessons a week.

I had my first motorway drive last night - in the dark as well, I felt a bit nervous as its been 2 weeks since I passed and I've not driven as I have been too sore/fat/pregnant lol but it went really well! Tonight we are going looking at a mummy-mobile for me.

I am such a ditz, if you'd said to me at the start of this year that I'd be passed by now I would never ever have believed it :shrug:

Thanx ladies Im doing 2 hours a week in one lesson thats all i can do for money and child care reasons.Some weeks im ok other weeks its like it was last night and i dont know which way to steer the fecking thing i get soooo confused on reversing! Im steering the wrong way im in the middle of the fecking road im going too fast i dont know my left from my freaking right!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
BREATHE! Please tell me one day it will click! Demita you are defo not alone in thinking it will never fall into place!
Anababe im sure it will just click one day thats what everyone says so im hoping it is true:hugs:

I made a right idiot of myself last night on a roundabout was coming to it all cocky and nice......and then........went into forth insted of second and proceeded to kanagroo for a bit nearly give my instructor concusion and had a massive que behind me :dohh::cry: ffs........clown school!!!

I think we should all tell funny stories of things we have done wrong on our lessons......fair enough they aint funny at the time but looking back they are! xx

Ooh MrsB thats fab!

Thanx ladies Im doing 2 hours a week in one lesson thats all i can do for money and child care reasons.Some weeks im ok other weeks its like it was last night and i dont know which way to steer the fecking thing i get soooo confused on reversing! Im steering the wrong way im in the middle of the fecking road im going too fast i dont know my left from my freaking right!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
BREATHE! Please tell me one day it will click! Demita you are defo not alone in thinking it will never fall into place!
Anababe im sure it will just click one day thats what everyone says so im hoping it is true:hugs:

I made a right idiot of myself last night on a roundabout was coming to it all cocky and nice......and then........went into forth insted of second and proceeded to kanagroo for a bit nearly give my instructor concusion and had a massive que behind me :dohh::cry: ffs........clown school!!!

I think we should all tell funny stories of things we have done wrong on our lessons......fair enough they aint funny at the time but looking back they are! xx

I agree, it cheers us up! :D

shampain - so relieved to hear someone else say that :rofl: my instructor thought I was nuts turning the wrong way, and even when he pointed it out I was still not convinced I was turning it the wrong way???? :haha: was doing a bay park and wouldn't believe I was turning it the wrong way :dohh:

I wish I had funny stories about silly things I'd done - I will have to have a think. Most of mine were just bloody dangerous lol as baby-brain set in, like being oblivious to red lights :dohh:

Damita I felt the same - I would cry so much after my last few lessons thinking I was mental to have booked my test as I obviously couldn't do it and kept doing stupid things :dohh:

The more I went out and the more often I went out the less out of my depth I felt though :flower:

Don't think about the test :haha: but before I went out with DH (it is great you are doing this so much as it would have helped me loads I'm sure with my confidence) I would talk about where we were going to go and what sort of things we were going to come up against so I felt prepared, ie roundabouts, any dodgy junctions etc, so there were no 'surprises'.

Hope you have a good one hun :flower:

shampain - so relieved to hear someone else say that :rofl: my instructor thought I was nuts turning the wrong way, and even when he pointed it out I was still not convinced I was turning it the wrong way???? :haha: was doing a bay park and wouldn't believe I was turning it the wrong way :dohh:

I wish I had funny stories about silly things I'd done - I will have to have a think. Most of mine were just bloody dangerous lol as baby-brain set in, like being oblivious to red lights :dohh:

Ha i just cant get it into my head im like "right i need to go this way.......erm why am i going the opostite way?" I try and think "when im reversing i need to go the way the back of the car needs to go" but then i flap and go all wrong again!!! Argghhh whys it so bloody complicated i see people driving like its the most natural thing in the world and i think im never gonna be like that! x

Me too, I can't ever imagine me just zipping off somewhere in the car and having the radio on, or knowing what I'm doing without having obsessed over it before I set off.

DH was trying to talk to me last night whilst I was driving - I heard not a word he said lol does he not know I need to concentrate?? :haha: :dohh:

Well, I was gonna put in for my theory test and use the next week or so to really get my head down and revise seen as my hubby is off work for a fortnight and can take care of the baby. Unfortunately he's come home from work this morning with a cold and so "doesn't really have the energy to look after him on his own" :dohh: Wonderful! :rolleyes: This is his last long holiday period til february and I wanted to get it done with before I go back to work in October, but I really need this time to practice, as I've had to be doing it in fits and starts and I just don't feel like it's going in. Off to stamp my feet and sulk lol :hissy: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->