Learning to drive and new drivers!

Well done to people who have passed their tests and good luck to those with upcoming ones btw! :flower:
:D

I spoke to the instructor again today, the prices sound reasonable.. theres a beginners offer for the first 6 lessons for £30 - and then after that they are £20 per hour, I haven't really looked into it but is that a normal price? :) Sounds good because the instructor is the highest graded one.. :)

Well done to people who have passed their tests and good luck to those with upcoming ones btw! :flower:
:D

I spoke to the instructor again today, the prices sound reasonable.. theres a beginners offer for the first 6 lessons for £30 - and then after that they are £20 per hour, I haven't really looked into it but is that a normal price? :) Sounds good because the instructor is the highest graded one.. :)

wow £30 for the first 6 lessons is brilliant!! i got my first lesson free and now my lessons are £20 p/h. Thats a god offer they have going. Good luck :thumbup:

Yeah I pay £22 p/h but my teacher has an amazing pass record so it is worth it :) whoa £30 for 6 lessons bargain!

My lessons were £24 an hour! But Thats pretty usual for round here. I found hazard perception really weird lol. But they do explain it really well on the test and give you a test run which you can keep repeating and watch it a few times before you actually do the test xx

I had a driving lesson yesterday, a kid threw a ball into the road so had to do an emergency stop, a van reversered so had to do another emergency stop then she had the cheek to wave to say thanks after silly cow! then going up this road all cars were parked on my side,it was clear so i went and this iceland van was shouting at me to move yet i had no where to go... so he shouted out the window silly cows... (to me and my instructor) then a police car put its lights on right behind me when i couldnt move.... Im suprised i got home alive lmao.... My test is in a week :/....

You'll be fine hun, sounds like you handled it well :)

Drove 40 minutes away, 40 and 60 miles per hour, it was great :)

Thank you :flower:

Can't believe an instructor would take you for petrol what a cheek :dohh:

Took my new car out for the first time yest after DH nagged me, it was awful I was stressed as we had bubs in the back and stalled sooooooooooo many times he made me cross having pressured me into doing it I'd rather have waited til someone could watch Dylan for half an hour :dohh:

Thanks everyone - sounds like I'm getting a very good deal then! :D Haha the 6 lessons for £30 is what attracted me to that one really!
Booked my first lesson today but it's not until beginning of Nov, I want to try and learn a lot of the theory first hopefully it won't be too daunting!
amazed - good luck for your test!

Good luck to everyone who has their test soon!! I drove to Southampton last Sunday (200 miles down the M1 and M40 at 70 miles an hour, and back again yesterday... Got there with no problems, same on the way back... :D You'll all get there, its hard at first but you just gotta do it!

Thanks girls...my instructor said i handled the situations pretty good and pretty calmly lol...x

Got in our car with my hubby today and . . . OMG! I'm never gonna pass lol :dohh: I provided great entertainment to all the neighbours with my god-awful attempt at a reverse park into our driveway :blush: Oh and I found out there's actually a lamp post right outside our house . . . 8-[ xx

thats what i felt like the first time i drove hun...

but after alot of lessons i passed on Monday :happydance: first time with only 5 minors so i was quite pleased with myself.

You will get there eventually hun xx

Right, i've done it. Ive cancelled my instructor!

And ive worked out if I went with AA, BSM or Red that its only £1-2 more per hour what I was paying anyways so i might as well stretch a little and go with one of them!

Wont be booking a lesson for this week though so we'll see how it goes, but I feel like a weight has been lifted getting rid of him :smug:

I just wanted to wish those that will be getting their license GL and those that are new drivers congrats. I got mine September 21st, 2002 just 4 days before I turned 29. I had my learners permit since October 1994.

I'm now teaching my oldest ds to drive. He could test starting the 13th of September at the earliest. It will be nice to have another driver here.

thats what i felt like the first time i drove hun...

but after alot of lessons i passed on Monday :happydance: first time with only 5 minors so i was quite pleased with myself.

You will get there eventually hun xx

well done :happydance::happydance::thumbup:

i cant wait to pass :) x

Well done on passing carly! And on binning your instructor cassandra :thumbup:

I am getting to grips with my new mummy-mobile and doing all of the driving to get used to it before I have to go on my own with LO on Monday....eep!

Congratulations Carly :happydance: Well done Cassandra for getting rid, best of luck with your new instructor :thumbup: xx

LOL I parked in a multistorey the first time ever the other day! Arghh it was horrible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->