• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Learning to drive and new drivers!

I would ask your dad hun, worth a try it isn't that scary a bit at first though my DH was going to jump out of the car at first :haha:

Thats brill anababe! I hope tonight goes well! I just want it to click!!!! Do you get what I mean? Like when i see people just get in and drive like it's so easy and for me it's such a massive deal I have to really think about every move I make ad I panic and make a mess of it then! Like when I'm turning into a side road I'm like omg omg slow down change gear steer accelerate chain gear and by the time ie gone round the corner I'm like terrified!!! X

Oh my god you sound exactly like me.. im only just after 36 hours getting the hang of everything you have to do before turning into a junction.. i still forget to lift my clutch up BEFORE i turn every single time i think shes fed up of reminding me. She asked me today is something scaring you about it and i said nope i just forget :dohh: lol

and i panic exactly the same everytime i come to a mini round about even though ive done them soo many times and i know what im doing i just panic anyway.

I asked her today if she honestly thinks ill never be able to pass and she said i definitely will its just taking a bit longer than usual :blush:

Thats brill anababe! I hope tonight goes well! I just want it to click!!!! Do you get what I mean? Like when i see people just get in and drive like it's so easy and for me it's such a massive deal I have to really think about every move I make ad I panic and make a mess of it then! Like when I'm turning into a side road I'm like omg omg slow down change gear steer accelerate chain gear and by the time ie gone round the corner I'm like terrified!!! X

Oh my god you sound exactly like me.. im only just after 36 hours getting the hang of everything you have to do before turning into a junction.. i still forget to lift my clutch up BEFORE i turn every single time i think shes fed up of reminding me. She asked me today is something scaring you about it and i said nope i just forget :dohh: lol

and i panic exactly the same everytime i come to a mini round about even though ive done them soo many times and i know what im doing i just panic anyway.

I asked her today if she honestly thinks ill never be able to pass and she said i definitely will its just taking a bit longer than usual :blush:

Now you sound like me! Im terrible for forgetting to lift my clutch i forgot the other week at down hill lights turning right and i flew down the bloody hill the instructor had to put the breaks on i was doing about 40!!!!!! I shit myself (not literally) fecking clutch!!! Its the bane of my life! Its just so much to do at once! Im on my lesson at 7.30!!!! dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn x

haha ive done that so many times and my instructors is always having to slam the brakes on for me :blush:

Good luck hun let us know how you go on! xx

haha i am the same with the clutch i always keep it down or tap it down when i am not supposed to, heres me thinking i was the only one lol x

Noooo ur defo not the only one! I leave it down for so long and think oh no i cant bring it up now!!! x

hhaha me too lol! i could see the point if it was the break i was puttin my foot down all the time not the bloody clutch lol x

lol!! How did your lesson go Shampain? x

It was ok actually! I dont my right reverse which i did well first time! If i just had to do manuovres i would pass today! Its the actual driving that im not that good at! Does anyone else get confused with their gears? Im terrified of stalling! x

Glad you did ok. I must admit im not very good at manouvers, took me ages to get clutch control and the car would run away with me. Just about getting there now though!

Im terrified of the gears, its taken me 36 hours to understand them and i still forget to come down from third when im slowing down for something or turning into a junction or going into first if ive slowed down too much then i stall the car as it isnt very happy me trying to set off in second!! haha Im terrible. I should be near test standard now!

Im glad im not the only one who doesnt understand it all. I was starting to think i must be really slow or something cuz it just wasnt going in at all. Im getting there now, i do believe ill pass i just think its going to take a while longer!

Can I join this group please?
I have done ten hours so far, Im enjoying my lessons but I panic far too much and would be nice to chat to you ladies about learning? :) xxx

Hi everyone :flower:

I was the same with gears / clutch btw, never thought it could sink in! Seems to be now though! So glad I finally did it as it is making life with new baba easier!

Had a nightmare getting out of a parking spot the other day, stalled about a million times, but feel less scared about it now the more I'm going out on my own. Even drove my MIL to supermarket yesterday :haha:

Do you all know about the practical test changing in Oct? :flower:

Hi Sophie1205 :wave: Welcome to the group! Glad youre lessons are going well :)

Yeah I heard that from Oct 4th you have to do 10 mins of 'free' driving - where they tell you to make your way following directions to town centre etc - eek, that'll make it harder I think! I dont know my area very well where I live!!

Not booking anymore lessons now until Oct as we have a million birthdays and weddings in sep and they'd be hit and miss each week - but I got a text from the AA saying if I book a block I can get them from £10.50 per hour!! Bargain or what!!

September will be me passing my theory! :)

Hows everyone doing? xx

:wave: welcome to the group, yeah I saw that awhile back about the independent driving bit, that's why I booked my test for the 27th :haha: I have like a month until my test! ARUGH!!!

Hi and welcome sophie :flower:

Cassandra that is a bargain!

I would be awful at free driving :dohh:

Welcome Sophie! Hope everyone is doing ok. Panicking seems to be a few of our downfalls!! I know it's defo mine! Xxx

Im so scared about that independant driving bit! i know I will be awful at that.
I have a lesson tomorrow, Im doing parallel parking. dreading it!! haha x

Ive got a lesson in 10 mins. Really dont want to go today its raining so bad :(

Think we're supposed to be doing emergency stop as wel today. Last time we attempted that it didnt go too well i just kept bursting out laughing everytime she shouted STOP! :blush::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->