Learning to drive and new drivers!

Aww hun, I went out driving with the DH, omg I really need to sort out my roundabouts and pulling out of junctions, I really need to just jump in so to speak and take the space!! ARUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just had a 2hr driving lesson, my instructor said what is holding me back from my driving test is cos i am struggling to reverse round a corner, its doing my bloody head in :( i asked my oh if he would take me out in his car and he said no cos last time we ended up arguing cos i tried to reverse round the corner and he said oh you fu**ed that up! so i went mad saying i dont need critising in that way! was so annoyed! so now hes not taking me back out again!

I hated the reverse round the corner - was so relieved it wasn't on my test. Is there anyone else / family you can go out with? Think your OH needs his bum kicking and should realise how important it is to you :growlmad:

Aww hun, I went out driving with the DH, omg I really need to sort out my roundabouts and pulling out of junctions, I really need to just jump in so to speak and take the space!! ARUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tis sooooo hard. I think what then doesn't help is I am so conscious of being hesitant, that I will go to the opposite extreme and attempt to pull out when I shouldn't / there isn't a gap :dohh: DH has pulled a couple of panicked faces at me so far.......... You have to remember though - it's safer to wait if you're not sure and miss a gap than it is to just plough on through :hugs:

I struggled with reversing round a corner and it was on my test.

What made it easier for me was i put my mirrors down to see the curb and i could judge when to turn then. Your allowed to do it on your test too xxx

My instructor text me yesterday, got a test date booked now for 14th Oct at 9:17am :shock: 6 weeks.. im so scared! Hope i can be ready in time for then , i have so much to get through yet.

Got a lesson in an hour.. cant be bothered today but i need to get a move on now and take it a bit more seriously :dohh:

I've just had a brilliant driving lesson and then my instructor took the wind out of my sails by telling me the test is changing next month. Has anyone else heard about this? Mega-unhappy about it. :cry:

Yeah, its not that different hun. It just has a spot of independant driving where they tell you a route and you have to follow it without them saying turn left here xx

Yeah i heard about that last week, my instructor does that with all her learners anyway so its not really anything different for me. Although i know the routes we do so it wont be very good if im taken somewhere i dont know very well :dohh:

I am just awful at recognising places and my short-term memory is shocking, so it's the kind of added stress I don't need in the middle of a test! I just hope we can get prompts/confirmations or stop and look at a map or something if we need to.

My instructor text me yesterday, got a test date booked now for 14th Oct at 9:17am :shock: 6 weeks.. im so scared! Hope i can be ready in time for then , i have so much to get through yet.

Got a lesson in an hour.. cant be bothered today but i need to get a move on now and take it a bit more seriously :dohh:

Good luck hun - having a test date might help, I think it spurred me a bit :thumbup:

I've just had a brilliant driving lesson and then my instructor took the wind out of my sails by telling me the test is changing next month. Has anyone else heard about this? Mega-unhappy about it. :cry:

I think also you only have to do one manoever too in the new test - I found this on the site:

From 4 October 2010 your practical driving test will include a 10 minute section of independent driving.

During your test you’ll have to drive independently by either following:

* a series of directions
* traffic signs
* a combination of both

To help you understand where you’re going, the examiner may show you a diagram.

It doesn't matter if you don't remember every direction, or if you go the wrong way - that can happen to the most experienced drivers.

Independent driving is not a test of your orientation and navigation skills. Driving independently means making your own decisions - this includes deciding when it’s safe and appropriate to ask for confirmation about where you’re going.

If you ask for a reminder of the directions, the examiner will confirm them to you.

If you go off the independent driving route it won’t affect the result of your test unless you commit a driving fault.

If you go off the route or take a wrong turning, the examiner will help you to get back on the route and continue with the independent driving.

If there are poor or obscured traffic signs, the examiner will give you directions until you can see the next traffic sign - you won’t need to have a detailed knowledge of the area.

You can’t use a sat nav for independent driving as it gives you turn-by-turn prompts. Independent driving tests how you make your own decisions.

I have just had the worst lesson! Ive never come back and cried before, i just want to give up. I was doing ok did 2 good maneouvers then it just all went wrong :cry:

I forgot to change down a gear going round a sharp bend and as i got round it was a huge steep hill so car obviously couldnt get up it in 3rd id slowed too much, car stalled.. loads of ppl behind me, tried again stalled and then i was panicking by then cuz they all started to go around me.. i stalled again and burst into tears she had to help me set back off again id got myself in a right state crying. Then all way home just stupid little mistakes i dont usually make.. topping it off by turning into my street going into second gear my hand slipped and i hit my instructor in her leg :rofl: We ended the lesson an hour early and right now i dont feel like i want to go to my next one on monday :cry:

Now im sat crying as if ive just caused some kind of bloody accident! Ive just handed over a cheque for £200 to book my final 10 hours before my test and now im wondering if i should have even bothered! :(

Just noticed the group.. i hated learning to drive.
It took me 5 Times to pass!!! - Can you believe it!

I hated lessons, i couldn't do my manouevres (sp?) .. luckily i didnt have to do a parallell park in all 5 of my tests :happydance: else i'd never of passed.

So just to let you know, about £800 later and a bit of time i passed.
If i can do it, anyone can!

:)

Yay! I am so glad someone like me, I hate driving so much! Well done on passing :)

I have just had the worst lesson! Ive never come back and cried before, i just want to give up. I was doing ok did 2 good maneouvers then it just all went wrong :cry:

I forgot to change down a gear going round a sharp bend and as i got round it was a huge steep hill so car obviously couldnt get up it in 3rd id slowed too much, car stalled.. loads of ppl behind me, tried again stalled and then i was panicking by then cuz they all started to go around me.. i stalled again and burst into tears she had to help me set back off again id got myself in a right state crying. Then all way home just stupid little mistakes i dont usually make.. topping it off by turning into my street going into second gear my hand slipped and i hit my instructor in her leg :rofl: We ended the lesson an hour early and right now i dont feel like i want to go to my next one on monday :cry:

Now im sat crying as if ive just caused some kind of bloody accident! Ive just handed over a cheque for £200 to book my final 10 hours before my test and now im wondering if i should have even bothered! :(

Awww hunny :hugs: I feel for you, I had that a few weeks ago, I just cried and cried, I'm on my final 4 hours before my test and I still debating if I should take the test. :hugs: :hugs:

Anababe - big hugs hun :hugs: I had many a crying lesson.....my instructor was always worried my OH would beat him up if I went home in tears lol. The worst bit about driving is no matter how much progress you make, you can still have bad days and good days so don't let a bad one put you off :hugs:

And Damita - even on the day of the test I wasn't expecting to pass, and had kept asking my instructor if I should have more lessons :dohh: think positive!!!

I keep having a nightmare when I drive into town. It's taking me hours to get home because I keep taking the wrong lanes on roundabouts and stuff :dohh: people are being very patient as I have the big fat P plates on but I keep getting upset thinking I shouldn't be on the road with my little man :dohh:

:hugs: to all the ladies finding it hard :( i was making mistakes on the morning of my test but some how it all fell into place!

Oh my god I'm really starting to get crazy mad at some drivers, why don't they just say thanks arghhh its my pet hate. Yesterday I was driving round all day and I think only one or 2 ppl said thanks!! Soo frikkin annoying!!!

aw thanks for the advice ladies :hugs: I'm off to go driving later today, got to practice roundabouts

:hugs: to all the ladies finding it hard :( i was making mistakes on the morning of my test but some how it all fell into place!

Me too - my instructor even said, everyone he puts in for a test is 'test ready' but it all comes down to what happens on the day - the nature of a test unfortunately lol.

I had a rubbish pre-test lesson, made some awful mistakes lol!

Hiya girls

Thought i'd pop in here seeing as i am in full swing with my lessons :)

Today was my 6th lesson... So far i have done the basics, turn in the road, reverse round a corner & today was bay parking :) Next week is parallell parking!

I love driving but find i am still making silly little mistakes :dohh: Plus at junctions i am a bit nervous and therefore end up making mistakes.

How many lessons does it take for everything to be fluid & more natural? My instructor says i am way above average but i still find i am carrying things out under instruction, rather than it being natural.

xx :flower: xx

I would say after 10 leah you'll feel better xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"