• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Learning to drive and new drivers!

:haha: how did your lesson go? I have one tomorrow but just been out for an hour today with the DH

Didnt go to bad :) We did crossroads today which i do not like at all lol loads of road works going on so wasted a lot of the lesson sat in traffic waiting for them :dohh:

Shes cut my lessons down to 1.5 hours now so we not getting all the stuff she says were going to do done, like i didnt do any manoeuvres today :shrug: got my test next month now so really need to get through everything pretty soon!

Country roads terrify me so i need to get over that and also im not right good with road signs so she told me i have to revise them for tomorrows lesson :blush: oops.

Other than that it went ok.. i only got beeped at once and stalled twice so slight improvement :haha:

:haha: how did your lesson go? I have one tomorrow but just been out for an hour today with the DH

How was your drive?

Didnt go to bad :) We did crossroads today which i do not like at all lol loads of road works going on so wasted a lot of the lesson sat in traffic waiting for them :dohh:

Glad it went well - I am ridiculous at crossroads, my instructor was forever going over the lesson plan for them - am no good with priorities because am so nervous of the other drivers, it doesn't matter if I have priority I still think they're gonna go :dohh:

I took bubs to meet a new mummy friend today, drove somewhere new and had no incidents! I had even parked quite close to another car on a slope, not thinking about how I was going to get back out but I did it :thumbup:

Arugh 4 weeks till test and my drive still isn't at test standard and my left hand reversing is crap!! bollocks bollocks!! He said I need to be more confident with taking spaces.. Think I am going to postpone until December... Uni starts back up in four weeks and I am not going to have any free time when that starts...

It's lesson night :-( xxx

good luck hun :hugs:

Arugh 4 weeks till test and my drive still isn't at test standard and my left hand reversing is crap!! bollocks bollocks!! He said I need to be more confident with taking spaces.. Think I am going to postpone until December... Uni starts back up in four weeks and I am not going to have any free time when that starts...

Have you asked him if he thinks you'll be ready in time? Because even on the day I didn't feel at test standard but my instructor felt I was. You are allowed some mistakes you know - I got one for hesitation, can't remember what my others were for. If you think you need to postpone do it but I would have a chat with your instructor first, maybe he can suggest things to do when out with dh too :hugs:

Ergh I dont want to go...im so fed up of this! x

It started off shit but then actually went quite well!! Done about a billion round abouts and i stalled a few times ...has anyone else ever stalled and cant get going again?? I done it at the same lights 2times i bet the woman behind me was fuming!! But ive done a billion round abouts and it all went ok!! x

Why did i never see this group???

I passed on Friday 13th August and have had my car for a week today. Im loving having my own car, but i HATE parking!! :rofl: xx

Yeah I know you passed ;) but how did you find it? Any tips would be super!

It was very nerve racking at first.

The guy hardly spoke to me.
Just think of it as a normal lesson. I found that the more i spoke the more i lost concentration so i just tried to keep quiet.
I thought i had failed because of another car cutting me up and he put his foot over his brake so from then on i relaxed, cos i thought i'd already failed :lol:

My manouveres were reversing around a corner, and my parallel park.
I got back to the test center and had 7 minors :)

The best thing to do is not worry. Harder said than done i know. xx

I passed on Friday 13th August and have had my car for a week today. Im loving having my own car, but i HATE parking!! :rofl: xx

ohh what car did you get? was the insurance ok in the end up?

i bet its so good driving about, i am jealous lol

It started off shit but then actually went quite well!! Done about a billion round abouts and i stalled a few times ...has anyone else ever stalled and cant get going again?? I done it at the same lights 2times i bet the woman behind me was fuming!! But ive done a billion round abouts and it all went ok!! x

Me!!!! :rofl: the first time I started learning, I went out for a practise in my OHs car........got to a t-junction and someone took pity on me and decided to let me go first which I wasn't expecting as she had priority, so I got flustered and stalled......and stalled.......and stalled.....until a big queue had built up behind me....and i carried on stalling....until I actually got out of the car and told my OH to do it and I walked off............oops!!!! :blush:

Well done on passing - I also hate parking......worse thing is, all the lessons concentrated on reverse parking. Now I have to get the pram out of the boot I am having to drive nose in and I am finding it harder than I thought it looked :haha:

Well done charlotte!!!I cant wait to pass!!! Im glad its not just me pink!!! x

just had a 2hr driving lesson, my instructor said what is holding me back from my driving test is cos i am struggling to reverse round a corner, its doing my bloody head in :( i asked my oh if he would take me out in his car and he said no cos last time we ended up arguing cos i tried to reverse round the corner and he said oh you fu**ed that up! so i went mad saying i dont need critising in that way! was so annoyed! so now hes not taking me back out again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->