• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Learning to drive and new drivers!

Hello Lovely Ladies!

I would love to join this thread if I may! I've had on and off lessons since I was 17 but stopped when I went to Uni, then started again when I got back but my Dad got ill and passed away, then had my 2nd baby and now I am DESPERATE to drive! I have had enough of having to get 2 babies in a pram in the pouring rain for milk :(

I am taking auto lessons because I want to learn as quick as poss! I have my theory on Thursday and then IF I pass I'm booking my practical and going on a crazy mini intensive course with my instructor to get me ready!

My Next lesson is Thursday after my theory test YAY!

Hello - can I join in? :flower:

Briefly tried learning to drive while I was at uni about 4 years ago but stopped when I knew we would be moving away.

Have put it off repeatedly until somehow at about 12wks pregnant I thought EEEEEP better do this!

Thankfully it seems to be kicking in this time....and seems to be going okay. I passed my theory recently and have had about 20 hours of lessons.

Determined to pass - whether it is before baby comes or not I don't know :haha:

Nice to see there are plenty of people in this 'boat' - and best of luck to everyone :thumbup: From reading back through this thread I am now debating looking ahead and booking a date so I have something to work towards......can I change it do you know if I do that and then don't feel ready nearer the time? :shrug:

You can change it 2 times :) I booked mine, and then checked for closer dates and moved it forward twice.

Hi Girls
I am re-learning after a l o n g time. I have my test soon and I'm getting pretty stressed about it. I'm learning quite intensively - started in April having 2 lessons and he's changed it to having 3 2hr lessons a week atm. Costing a small fortune... Need to cancel a couple tbh. Anyone else in the same boat?
Anyway - HI!

Another good thread!

Well I have passed my theory and I am close to my test!

My driving instructor said I can book my test but I am holding off because I already have my own car and the exhaust system has just gone which is setting me back £120.

Hopefully the test will be booked next week :winkwink:

I agree lauren kate it was so close you will defo do it next time!!! xxx

hello new ladies!! good luck to you all hope you are all enjoying your lessons etc. Im doing ok, ive just done my turn in the road...had a bit of a pants lesson last week i couldnt really concentrate etc.... xx

how did you find the turn in the road? i hope your able to concentrate better on your next lesson

I did it ok thanx, i seem to be able to master my manouveres better than the actual driving as i like to go slow hahha! I cancelled my lesson tonight i dont feel right and aint done since last week! xx

Passed my theory test today! So proud of myself :D I'm going to book my practical tomorrow hopefully! x

Wow Embo you aint hanging around are you!! Well done hun! xxx

Well done!

My next test is in a week! It's come around so so so fast! I had a lesson today, then I'll have another on Monday, and one on the Thursday evening before my test. I might be able to squeeze another one in somewhere too.

Thanks girls :D I don't see any point in hanging around :lol: I have my practical test booked for June 25th so will just be getting as many lessons as I can afford now!

Good luck Lauren hun I'm sure you'll do FAB! xxx

hey girls, hows everyone doing? I have had to stop lessons for a bit, turns out my instructor was planning on stringing me along for as long as possible so she had a sure income each week as I was her only pupil :growlmad:
Am looking now to do a semi intensive course over 30 hours!!

I have my next test tomorrow.. and I woke up so ill this morning!

I hate it when they just see you as an income. When I was having lessons in Derby, we never ever seemed to progress. I had A LOT of lessons, and only ever did bay parking. Then when I moved up here, within 5 lessons we had covered everything and my instructor was on about putting me in for my test. He seemed pretty surprised that I hadn't done it before. I'm just trying not to think of all that money I wasted :(

i started my lessons back up yesterday after almost 2 years! was really nervous, only had maybe 10 lessons in the past, and the instructor was really impressed said hopefully be booked in for my practical end of july. got my theory test 2nd june, 19 days to go crapping myself lol x x

I have my next test tomorrow.. and I woke up so ill this morning!

I hate it when they just see you as an income. When I was having lessons in Derby, we never ever seemed to progress. I had A LOT of lessons, and only ever did bay parking. Then when I moved up here, within 5 lessons we had covered everything and my instructor was on about putting me in for my test. He seemed pretty surprised that I hadn't done it before. I'm just trying not to think of all that money I wasted :(

Its frustrating isnt it, almost like they are holding you back on purpose!!

I passed! Yaaay! I could barely talk the whole lesson, and the guy doing the test advised me not to die on my test as there would be too much paperwork.. but I didn't die, and I passed, so all is well! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->