• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Learning to drive and new drivers!

No I haven't complained, I'm a wimp lol, but my driving instructor got really annoyed about it so I imagine she will either tell me to or do it for me when I next see her! :D x

hey girls, hope you dont mind me steippin in, please excues typos,i have a baby tryin t help me!!
I am having hour & a half lessons a wek, and have been for about 3 months now, I havent done turns in the road, or reversing round corners or anything yet :wacko:
I dont mind roundabouts or junctions, but recntly my instructrp got a new car he has gone from a Diesel to a petrol and I dont like it, I keep stalling now!!!
I have not done my therory yet Im to scared, despite always getting success when I try the practice on my ds!!!
to those that have recently passed congrats!!

Great thread - I am determined to Pass my Driving THIS YEAR!!! Whatever it takes, I WILL pass this year!!

I have a few things on my 'to do' list - losing weight, re-training for a better career (penciled in as I'm currently a new SAHM) more holidays and days out, baby #2 (in due course!) and most of all Learning to Drive!

Instead of me trying to tackle them all at once and failing, I am taking one step at a time and learning to drive is top of the list - the others will be so much easier to acheive once i have my own wheels!

Where im at at the moment:

I have had lessons in the past, probably about 10ish - I am concentraing on my theory test then maybe looking into doing a fast-pass course!

Can I join you ladies in this group please :)

I think i have had about 20+ hours ... i was doing an hour and a half a week! .. but i stopped last august! :/ really need to get back to it! but in all that time i had not learned a single manovure! or parking... all i can do is drive about lol roundabouts etc.. quite annoyed really! .. my teacher is useless! Hopefully starting with a new teacher next week :)! fingers crossed, would love to be driving before the end of this summer... :)

I think i have had about 20+ hours ... i was doing an hour and a half a week! .. but i stopped last august! :/ really need to get back to it! but in all that time i had not learned a single manovure! or parking... all i can do is drive about lol roundabouts etc.. quite annoyed really! .. my teacher is useless! Hopefully starting with a new teacher next week :)! fingers crossed, would love to be driving before the end of this summer... :)

Its not teach me to drive is it... :dohh: lol x

no it was a local lady teacher! lol cant wait to carry on learning tho! booking my theory later today!

no it was a local lady teacher! lol cant wait to carry on learning tho! booking my theory later today!

I did 6 months of lessons over 60 hours and when i quit with the instructor i still had never been in 4 or 5th gear :growlmad: Im not so niave to driving now and start with a new instructor tomorrow x

omg lauren-kate!

good luck! youl be fine, people have probd already said it but just imagine your instructor being there. I promise that after the first 5 mins the nerves die down
:hug:

Thankyou! My instructor said he'll sit in the back of the car, so that'll probably help.. Then if I get a fail for no reason, he'll kick up a fuss :)

exactly!and they can be a witness if (which you wont cos youl pass!) you need to contest the fail :)

:flower:

I'm learning to drive :) passed my theory test on Friday with 100%, hoping to take the test in 7 weeks :)

I failed :( I only have 8 minors, but I had 2 (?) on blind spots, and then he pulled me up to the side of the road around the corner from my test centre and I got another one eek! Bit annoyed that I only really failed in those last 15 seconds and it could have gone either way! But quite happy that that's the only thing I need to work on more, and that the rest was really good.

mind if i join?, im a newish driver i passed on september 28th 2009, but still drive like in learning lol,

Aaw sorry about that lauren kate but at least you can improve and its not like you failed on something major! They say the average driver takes 2tests! Good luck xxx

Thankyou. I was alright-ish about it yesterday, but today I just feel like I really let myself down. I've booked another test though, for 2 weeks on Friday. Glad I've managed to get another so soon, would really be stressing if I couldn't get another for a couple of months or so.

Aww lauren Kate :hug: at least it wasn't a bad fail like you failed on everything and 8 minors is really good! Good luck for two weeks time and I agree I passed second time and you will too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->