• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Learning to drive and new drivers!

Oh wow well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for you! What a fab couple of days for you in news ;) xxx

Thankyou, it has definitely been a really lucky week. Now I'm wondering what else I can do to cash in on it :haha:

WELL DONE to all the passers!!

Ive finally booked in my lessons again to start on Thursday! Nervous!! But need to be done XXX

Go for it! I have my test practical test in exactly one month!

woo well done to everyone who is passing! ... i am finally restarting my lessons today! its been over a year .. and im starting to think i have forgotten EVERYTHING ! omg :( hoping it will just come back to me once im in the car ?! x

Blergh shit lesson this morning.....fed up x

I missread a road marking for the lane and the instructor shit me up an grabbed the wheel and steered me over...it just panicked me a bit so i had a go at her and then almost missed a give way road marking i just wasnt expecting it. My breaking is a bit sharp sometimes i had a really good lesson last wk and this wk im back to feeling like shit about the whole thing. x

Hmmm, not sure I like my instructor! :(

Had my first 2 hour lesson with him last Thursday and first of all he turns up 5 mins late, without apology. Then spends the first 15 mins talking about his experiences with his other learners and when we finally get set to go he says to me:

"Ok, adjust your seat, put your seat belt on, turn the key and lets get going!" I said, dont I need to adjust my mirrors first?" He was like "yeah, yeah!"

Then when I was driving instead of telling me i'm too far or close to the parked cars he moves my stearing wheel whilst im driving!!!! He kept doing it it!!!!

I'm just not sure I like him?!?! Do you think I should give him another try?! :( Pah

yeah u will never pass if u have a rubbish teacher :/ try again ... this one will just ruin you're confidence etc i just swapped over i had a rubbish teacher i had like 20 lessons and she never taught me any manouvers! not even how to reverse emergency stop or anything ! not even took my on an A road ... :/ yet my actual driving ability is test ready (minus the stuff i cant do of course) ... i stopped cos i felt she was dragging me along cos she wanted my money ... i stopped having lessons waited a year and found my new teacher i have had one lesson with him and can do every manouver ... okayish :p lol x in the space of an hour !!!

I HATE it when they grab the steering! My instructor is ok, shes doing her job obviously coz 14weeks ago i had never started a car and now i know how to drive but she sometimes gets a bit hysterical over things and scares me to death!!! She has a habit of grabbing the steering and it really annoys me, i understand if im gonna make a big mistake but usually she has time to just say "go to the left" etc and sometimes she uses the clutch to stop me stalling and then tells me "i had to stop you stalling then" well if your stopping me then im not gonna know if i stall or not so when im on my test and thinking im doing my clutch ok all along then stall a million times coz all along you have been using it for me its not gonna help is it?????? FFS IM IN A SHIT MOOD! sorry ladies! Prob shouldnt of come in here today! xxx

I HATE it when they grab the steering! My instructor is ok, shes doing her job obviously coz 14weeks ago i had never started a car and now i know how to drive but she sometimes gets a bit hysterical over things and scares me to death!!! She has a habit of grabbing the steering and it really annoys me, i understand if im gonna make a big mistake but usually she has time to just say "go to the left" etc and sometimes she uses the clutch to stop me stalling and then tells me "i had to stop you stalling then" well if your stopping me then im not gonna know if i stall or not so when im on my test and thinking im doing my clutch ok all along then stall a million times coz all along you have been using it for me its not gonna help is it?????? FFS IM IN A SHIT MOOD! sorry ladies! Prob shouldnt of come in here today! xxx

thats really bad, I hate it when they grab the wheel! to me it can sometimes make the situation more dangerous as you panic and can sometimes forget what your doing! :hugs:

I haven't had a lesson for a while but have booked my theory for 29th june!!! 2 weeks to cram in revsion, though just done the goverment site online theory test and got 46/50 both times!
does anyone know any good websites with online theory practice on?

Hello ladies can i join you?
I am hopeless!!! I took my test 4 years ago and failed on something really stupid, my second test was booked shortly after but my car failed its mot, cut a long story short, 2 children later i still haven't rebooked and have let my theory run out! I am now going to re book my theory for a few weeks time and do a week long intensive course to pass quickly! I have loads of confidence when driving and drive alot with my husband but have picked up alot of bad habits which need sorting out! Hopefully it wont take me too long as dh said he'll buy me a car when i pass! Lots of insentive!! xx

I'm jealous i wish i was ready to take my test :/ spose i shoud book my theory!! lol ... good luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->