Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

How are you Maevesmummy - havn't heard from you for a few days. Hope all is well with you xx

Fingers toes and every apendige crossed for you Imalia! xxx

iloveblue, waiting drove me nuts its awful when you just want to go in and get it over with. I would call and nag them a bit xxxxxxx
I am ok just finding it so hard. I should have started leave Monday and would have been induced Fridayish not dealing with it so well. I keep thinking...

Babesx Glad your scan went well, just hang in there, it isnt great on the nerves but we all sending our love. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, we had no clues as to why we lost our baby and i've got a feeling the results are going to be inconclusive. I rang the hosp about 4 weeks ago - they originally said it would take 6-8 weeks, and spoke to consultant's secretary who said its more like 12 weeks. The preliminary PM results were in but they were waiting for the full report. I really don't understand why it takes so long. I know the baby was sent to Birmingham's Womens hospital which is where they do all the baby PM's from my area - but they said that would only take around 10 days, so why does it take so long for the consultant to get all results back!! It is annoying, but I know there is nothing i can do about it. Will ring on Friday - might be able to make an appointment there and then, instead of waiting for letter to arrive. We had a full PM - don't know if that makes any difference.

We didn't get the photos in the end Nats - I misheard the bereavement lady, and the pack we got only contained the prints and some bits and pieces from SANDs.
I think the photos will be in with notes so we may be able to get them when we see consultant.

I am currently on CD 17 of my cycle - have no idea if I have ovulated yet or not! I've been trying to learn how to look for signs and check cervix etc but have given up in frustration.
We have been DTD every other day so we'll see..........

Hi everyone, I think I belong back here now!

Some of you already know me, I posted in here a while back after I lost my baby Joe at 17 weeks...I went on and got pg again but unfortunately miscarried again and had the erpc at 11 weeks just 2 weeks ago. It's all just so so unfair and difficult.

We are awaiting test results which hopefully should take a couple more weeks as it was just cytogenetics with being 1st tri.....I have a feeling its another chromosomal abnormality as this baby's growth was slow.

iloveblue I can feel your frustration at waiting for your results, ours took about 8 weeks. It was explained to us that the consultants from the actual physical PM and then cytogenetics (normally 2 different hospitals, was in our case) sit down and formulate a report and thats why it takes the time.
As for the photo's, when I was in hospital this time around I was given an envelope with Joe's photo in which I didn't need to see as we already had them but it reassured me to know that it was there if I ever needed it :hugs:

Oh and maevesmummy, big congratulations to you on your bfp, I hope it gets a bit easier for you with time....

Hi Suze
I'm so sorry you had to lose another baby. Life is so unfair at times. You sound very strong. How are you feeling? xx

I'm not strong at all, I wish! I'm OK, quite up and down really and also my due date for Joe is approaching too :cry:
I've had a bit of a difficult time with OH too, reagrding the whole ttc again which of course for me has come back with a vengeance, but my OH is struggling with the thought of another loss :shrug:

I take it you're ttc again. If you're dtd every day then I shouldn't think it matters if you track ov, you'll have everything covered :thumbup:

I thought charlie's pm was Birmingham too

:hug:
iloveblue, thats actually the hospital I attended as I live not far, and they made me wait the full 12 weeks too. Its so awful, I ordered my notes and had them 4 weeks before the apt and they put the PM results in them so I knew they had them before. I dont know why they make you wait so long. I keep everything crossed for you, if its meant to happen it will I am sure, your body might have just needed time to recover. xxxx:hugs::hugs:
Suze, I am sorry to here you have another little angel, I hope they really look after you. You need guidence and reasurance, it must be so heartbreaking. I cant even begin to imagine.:hugs::hugs:

Countinmg down until my scan now. Hoping for the best but what will be will be xxxxxx

Thats interesting. There must have lots of babies going there. Whereabouts in the West Mids are you Maevesmummy? I'm in Shropshire.

Are you Cheshire Nats? Where are you from Suze?

How do you go about ordering your notes Maevesmummy?

I'm from Newcastle, don't live in the city centre but by the coast. Have you rang the hospital back? I think you'd be well within your rights to ring and enquire if you haven't rang for a few weeks. It does sound like a very busy hospital. Mine took the 8 weeks and it's a fairly quiet hospital, not a city one

Hi ladies.. I hope it's ok that I pop in and join ur group. Some of you may have come across my story before but if not my name I Kate I'm 23 years old and from Australia. I lost my baby boy at 16 wks on august 29 2010, after he was diagnosed with triploidy and partial molar pregnancy. He had a strong hb but no chance of survival and we had to make the heartbreaking choice to be induced and deliver him, I was so sick and we had no ther choice, it was potentially fatal for me to if I continued the pregnancy. The drs also believe my pregnancy began as twins. Anyway time is moving fast, we were told to wait 6 months to ttc. We can ttc in march. I got my 4th af today since losing my little man, had to stay home from work as it's quite painful and making me sick. I'm so anxious/excited/nervous to ttc again soon, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me that you have learnt along ur journey of ttc/pregnancy after a loss. Much love and best wishes to all of u, no matter what stage ur at. I'm so looking forward to talking to u all soon :hugs:

Hi babesx3:) thankyou.. And yes I fell straight away with Jamari, literally first go! No other children... He was my first:cry: I'm just hoping I fall quickly again this time around...

Hi and welcome Jamaris mummy :happydance: - I'm sorry to hear you lost your little boy. No advice really - just try and be as relaxed as possible about TTC. I'm trying to take a step back as I was starting to get a bit obsessed!
I'm currently on 2nd cycle of TTC since we lost our baby in October.

You're not far that from me then, Nats - I'm in Shrewsbury.

Well - just been on the phone to consultants secretary who was very nice. They are still waiting for full PM results from Birmingham Women's Hospital - but she said they should be there any day now. However, consultant on leave for two weeks!!! So will prob be end of Jan/early Feb now. She did say she would ring me as soon as they were ready rather than sending a letter and was very sympathetic. Still annoying though :growlmad:

I had that too Iloveblue, every step of the way between loosing my baby and getting the results, something was delayed because someone was on leave.

First we were sent away from the hospital with no support or real clue what happened next because the (apparently only) bereavement midwife was on leave. Then it took them five weeks to tell me I had an infection, because someone else was on leave. An initial investigation into hospital malpractice was delayed and took two weeks because a nurse, and then a doctor was on leave. PM results were delayed being told to us because the consultants secretary was on leave, not the consultant, just the secretary and apparently no one else in the whole freakin' hospital was qualified to open a diary and make an appointment. It was driving me up the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->