Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

So sorry you are feeling low Nats :hugs:- I'm sorry to say it but I think you should put the Doppler away for a while, it doesn't sound like its helping much at the moment. Approaching Charlie's due date was always going to be hard - is there anything you can do to keep busy and keep your mind off it?
Do you have any hobbies - could you teach yourself a new hobby like knitting/crocheting/sewing?
It sounds daft but I sew and crochet and planning little projects really does keep my mind occupied. xxxx

How did it go today Maevesmummy?

I agree i think i will put it away till baby is bigger... FX
I do have plenty of distractions with the kids, just can't switch my brain off..... maybe good idea doing something in the evenings:thumbup:

How are you maeves mummy??? thinking of u hoping all is ok!! :hugs:

Miss maternal hope AF returns soon!! :hugs: how are you?

I am doing ok-ish. Been struggling a lot recently - so am going to ask my doctor if she can refer me for some miscarriage counselling. I've never felt like i needed it before, but 8 months after losing Freya and then losing this baby it's all catching up on me and my emotions are everywhere. How are you? xx

Maevesmummy, i'm relieved that the scan went well. I am sure that one day soon it will all seem real and you will be able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. That may seem a long way off now, but i'm sure your feelings will change. I feel the same about any future pregnancies when i think about it...when i fell pregnant for the second time, i was excited and didn't think things could possibly go wrong for me again. But then it did go wrong again, and the thought of getting pregnant again scares the hell out of me because i know i won't enjoy a second of it. But it's also the thing i want more than anything in the world.

Stay strong hun xx

Missmaternal I could have written the last few sentences of your post there myself!!

Babes, I posted in your journal as you know but just to say I'm pleased everything is fine and I hope you get extra special care over the next few weeks.
Maevesmummy I'm pleased all was well with the scan, I'm sure you'll be able to bond soon and I'm sure the excitement will come soon, you're still grieving :hugs:

Well despite it being requested we will never know what happened to our baby, and more heartbreaking for me is that I'll now never know the sex due to the hospital not having done their job properly. My consultant was very apologetic as she was the one who requested the information but the processes weren't followed....so well done hospital, another 'great' handling of a woman going through a miscarriage

Oh Suze - thats awful. x

Glad the scan went well MM - I'm sure you will start to feel excited when you feel a bit more secure, its a natural reaction I would think.

Sorry to hear you've been struggling MissMaternal and that your AF hasn't returned yet - have they done any hormone tests etc to see whats going on? I've also heard that going on the pill can kickstart AF for some people. Miscarriage counselling sounds like a good idea xxx

Oh Suze - thats awful. x

Glad the scan went well MM - I'm sure you will start to feel excited when you feel a bit more secure, its a natural reaction I would think.

Sorry to hear you've been struggling MissMaternal and that your AF hasn't returned yet - have they done any hormone tests etc to see whats going on? I've also heard that going on the pill can kickstart AF for some people. Miscarriage counselling sounds like a good idea xxx

Yes, i went to the doctors last week and she did a pregnancy test, which was negative. Then she took some blood and did some hormone tests, which also all came back negative, so i have no answers as to where my period has gone! If it's not back in a couple of weeks i'll go back and see what else they can do. Thanks for the hint about the pill!

xx

Missmaternal I could have written the last few sentences of your post there myself!!

Babes, I posted in your journal as you know but just to say I'm pleased everything is fine and I hope you get extra special care over the next few weeks.
Maevesmummy I'm pleased all was well with the scan, I'm sure you'll be able to bond soon and I'm sure the excitement will come soon, you're still grieving :hugs:

Well despite it being requested we will never know what happened to our baby, and more heartbreaking for me is that I'll now never know the sex due to the hospital not having done their job properly. My consultant was very apologetic as she was the one who requested the information but the processes weren't followed....so well done hospital, another 'great' handling of a woman going through a miscarriage

Thanks for your support, I dont want to seem ungrateful, I know I am soo lucky to be in this position again, even I am shocked it happened so quick.
I guess everyone on here knows how terrifying it is to even think of being pregnant again, but missmaternal is right its the one thing we all want more than anything in the world.
As for the hospital, I am apalled they have treated you badly and made mistakes like this.I know I go on about this, but if and when you feel you can, please think about writing a complaint to PAL's. They need to know when they go wrong and how it makes people feel. Its the only way they can know where to change procedures/systems and training.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: It will bring little comfort but I tried to get some strength knowing I had improved the situation for others. xxxxxx

Oh Suze - thats awful. x

Yes, i went to the doctors last week and she did a pregnancy test, which was negative. Then she took some blood and did some hormone tests, which also all came back negative, so i have no answers as to where my period has gone! If it's not back in a couple of weeks i'll go back and see what else they can do. Thanks for the hint about the pill!

xx

I hope it comes back for you soon. Hormones are funny things. After an Early Miscarriage once I didnt bleed for 4 months. Its terrible it drags on for you. I hope it comes for you soon.:hugs:
Lots of love to everyone else xxxx

I'm okay thanks. I'm trying very hard not too symtom spot and will not be testing till after AF is due (will be hard but I'm going to keep busy.)
I had a really vivid dream last night that I had a baby girl called Callie - but when she was born she was already about 18 months old and I was really sad because I'd missed all the cute newborn snuggly bits. Very bizarre! I was relieved when I woke up.
I have no idea where the name Callie came from - I had a friend called Callie at primary school but I havn't thought about her for years. Brains are strange.

Indeed I have had some very strange ones latley! Thats kind of a happy dream, and a sweet name.
I hope you are as ok as can be xxxx:hugs:

Hello everyone - hope you are all okay

I got a faint :bfp: this morning :happydance:- I've been feeling nauseous for a few days and just though I would chance it, AF not due till Tuesday so wasn't really expecting to get a line, but it was there, just about.

I've never felt sick this early in a pregnancy before - has anyone else? I'm assuming it must be a good sign.

Anyway, I'm a bit giddy, very pleased but also absolutely terrified!

Do you mean like taking aspirin etc?

Thats the problem, you see, because we havn't seen consultant yet I don't know, but I have assumed that if there was anything serious I would have known by now. The consultant and midwife both said we could start TTC after one cycle.
I will ring the hospital again next week and explain situation.

I've just told my Mum who wasn't particularly overjoyed - but then she wasn't last time either, I think the novelty of grandchildren has worn off a bit.

How are you doing Nats - are you feeling any better about it all?

P's..my mums never that over joyed about preganancy either!! i did everything wrong..got PG befoire married, then had 2nd too soon..then dared to have more than 2 :dohh: so i was dissappointing all round :(

I love my kids , so don't really care what others think!! :grr:

I completly agree - we also had the boys before we got married. My family didn't mind - but MIL and FIL were'nt happy, although they never showed it, bless them - just kept hinting at how we still had time to get married before baby was born.
My MIL will be overjoyed that I am pregnant again though - losing the baby really affected her.

I am taking normal folic acid and have been for weeks - will also ring GP next week I think and make an appointment. I'm not too concerned about having an early scan - its the 16-20 weeks time when I want extra monitoring.

Congrats iloveblue. Thinking I'm probably out this month despite feeling positive earlier. My temps are dropping and I'm sure pmt is kicking in with a vengeance. AF not due until Monday/Tuesday so we'll see, but I'll be very surprised.

Although I am thrilled for all of you, kinda bummed that it feels like I'm the only one left to get a bfp.

WOW:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Excelent! YAY!

Congratulations. I didnt feel sick untill 6 weeks gradually getting worse xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Congrats iloveblue. Thinking I'm probably out this month despite feeling positive earlier. My temps are dropping and I'm sure pmt is kicking in with a vengeance. AF not due until Monday/Tuesday so we'll see, but I'll be very surprised.

Although I am thrilled for all of you, kinda bummed that it feels like I'm the only one left to get a bfp.

:hugs:
I hope that you will be next keeping everything crossed for you xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"