Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

Hi Nat - how did the baby shower go? Did you go in the end?

THanks Helen,

I ended up gatherring myself together and going. THank God it was so quick , just picked a piece of cake and left :) . I cant believe it bothered me so much. I actually just found out that another of my coworkers is pregnant so there will be another one soon ! It more or less having to do with me obssesed with pregnancy and annoying PCOS that is getting in my way.
Recently I read about the surgery that can be done to help with my problems , but it seems like the risk of damage is more ->so much for that thought. :dohh: I am just still very confused and puzzled how to get pregnant with my problem (drug , surgery and other intervention freee). There is one more solution that is known to help , the weight lose. I have to catch up with Andrea on that and its hard these days wink :haha:wink. I have been attacking sugar big time nowdays , I just cant seem to control myself. As bad as it sound , I can eat sugar for breakfast lunch and dinner without actually eating lunch/ dinner :) . Yes I will be joining SUGARANNANOMOUS

Ah well done for braving it! Glad it wasn't too traumatic :hugs:

I don't know much about PCOS - I know my friend has it and took clomid to get pregnant with her two, but I don't know much about surgery for it.

Losing weight is tough. If I can be any help there...I was always a little overweight but then in 2005 my weight ballooned in a year through massive overeating whilst unhappy in my job (different career - now I love what I do). I changed career and went on a massive drive to shed the weight. I just cut my calories to something like 1000 - 1200 a day, and exercised every day doing different fitness videos so I didn't get bored. I lost 3 stone in weight (42 pounds), and it has stayed off - well, it did until I got pregnant in June last year...! I think the biggest motivator was seeing the weight coming off. Once it started, I was addicted, and I think it took the best part of a year for it to completely come off, but I then just went onto a better diet with better portion sizes with no snacking in between and no eating after about 6pm. I never denied myself the stuff I liked - I just made sure I didn't eat too much of it, and made sure the calories stayed low in total for the day. I remember keeping a food diary - I just wrote on the white board in the kitchen everything I ate in a day. It makes you notice what you eat a lot more.

Just thought I'd share that, if it's any help! :hugs:

Thanks Helen...I guess if I stop worrying about what other people think I might actually start feeling better! I cant believe what goes into those tiny pregnacare tablets!!! I will make him take them! Lord knows what he'll think if I start using the yesyesyes - I never told him about the preseed.....think he thought he was doing a good job when I used it without him knowing LOL! Sorry tmi!!!

Nat, well done for going to the baby shower! Very proud of you xxx

Fiona....PM coming your way darling!!

ffs! Gem i got your message and i tried to reply but it wouldnt let me the bugger!

i will send them when i next have a few quid, dont worry about paying me back, just sharing the love innit x

Natalie :hugs: I have been there :hugs: I was pg with a coworker of mine. I would go chat with her everyday and we would laugh and joke about all the "fun" things pg bring.. like bumpy nipples, peeing yourself and sexy dreams :haha: We became pretty good friends, and she was only 1 week behind me. After I lost Hadlee, she was afraid to come around me. I didnt see her for a couple weeks, but in my mind I convinced myself, it isn't fair to her, to push aside a joyous time in her life because I was going through something terrible. So I finally went and visited her in her department and it was awkward but each time got easier. She knew there were times I was envious but yet we stayed friends. Then came her baby shower. She knew it was a boy, his name is Liam :cloud9: I was invited and really wanted to go. So off I went shopping for itty bitty newborn stuff feeling quite empty and sad, but yet still sooo happy for her. I went to the shower, and in the card I wrote something kind of sentimental and as she read it she kind of looked up at me, I had tears in my eyes and she knew it was tough for me and didnt push it. I was due nov 4 and she had Liam Nov 9th... and I am head over heals in love with that little man. It is like I live vicariously through her and I am going to get some little Liam snuggles on saturday to soak up all his newborn goodness :cloud9: It was very tough so koodos to you for going... its one more step in a positive direction :thumbup:

Hi all, just popping in to say a quick hello to you all :hugs:

Gemma, I went back to work after 7 weeks off and looking back now I don't know how I did it, I really should have stayed off longer. I'm still feeling like its getting a bit easier every day, but I still don't feel back up to my full capacities if you know what I mean? Everything is a bit harder and takes more effort and attention than it used to.

I've been rather up and down since new year really. Am getting more and more sad as my due date approaches (22nd Jan) and the celebs who were due around the same time as me are starting to have their babies. I feel like I've taken a bit of a step backwards in my grief and am back to constantly thinking 'its just not fair. why me?' I know this is a probably normal and will pass, but the due date is such a huge thing isn't it?

Hi all, just popping in to say a quick hello to you all :hugs:

Gemma, I went back to work after 7 weeks off and looking back now I don't know how I did it, I really should have stayed off longer. I'm still feeling like its getting a bit easier every day, but I still don't feel back up to my full capacities if you know what I mean? Everything is a bit harder and takes more effort and attention than it used to.

I've been rather up and down since new year really. Am getting more and more sad as my due date approaches (22nd Jan) and the celebs who were due around the same time as me are starting to have their babies. I feel like I've taken a bit of a step backwards in my grief and am back to constantly thinking 'its just not fair. why me?' I know this is a probably normal and will pass, but the due date is such a huge thing isn't it?

Sally, I've been thinking of you....
Was just hoping that your ok after recent events on top of everything else xx
I hear that the due date is hard, but things get easier after that point as you can stop counting how many weeks pregnant you should be. But then dont people start thinking about how old the baby should be? I dunno??

:hugs:

Thanks Gemma. I'm generally doing ok (in between my sad moments), but I'm so glad I've got this place to reassure me that I'm not the only one going through this. :hugs:

I'm the same olive...my baby would have been due this time next week and it's hard :(

Just wish I could fast forward past it really...

Its just impossible not to think about the things that could have/ should have been....:cry:

Thinking of you Fiona. The next couple of weeks will certainly be tough for us both. Hope your little rainbow's coming on nicely. Fingers crossed that mine will be along soon :hugs:

Its just impossible not to think about the things that could have/ should have been....:cry:

Thinking of you Fiona. The next couple of weeks will certainly be tough for us both. Hope your little rainbow's coming on nicely. Fingers crossed that mine will be along soon :hugs:

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just wanted to say i wont be around for a bit, I wont get into it here but I don't feel comfortable in this thread anymore so it is best for me to back away before something goes on in this thread that i don't want to, this a TTC thread and I don't want trouble on it, but I can't stay here for reasons I would rather not say at this time.
Love you all XOXOOXO :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I feel for you honey it must have been so hard the last little while x I am sure your little rainbow will be baking soon :)

:hugs:

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just wanted to say i wont be around for a bit, I wont get into it here but I don't feel comfortable in this thread anymore so it is best for me to back away before something goes on in this thread that i don't want to, this a TTC thread and I don't want trouble on it, but I can't stay here for reasons I would rather not say at this time.
Love you all XOXOOXO :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I hope you're Ok Andrea? If one of us has upset you please tell us, I'd hate to think any of us are hurting you without realising? Much love xxx

ETA: It's not just a TTC thread anymore either, we've turned it into a free for all, haven't we! I hope you are OK hon.

I hope all is well Andrea. I am sorry you are feeling this way. Hugs, and I hope to see you back soon!!

Andrea :( I hope everything is OK and I didnt say anything to upset you :hugs: :hugs:

Andrea - hope everything's ok. This isn't just a TTC thread, it's an everything thread now. I would hate to think something was bothering you and you couldn't tell us...please don't stay away :hugs:

Well, I'm having Friday the 13th feelings today...I found very light brown tinged CM this morning and I am a bit crampy. Seeing the doc later this morning (which I was going to do anyway - I still haven't told her I'm pregnant) but for me this is a bit of a worrying sign. Last time with Thomas I had pinky CM before AF was due, which was unusual, and then quite heavy brown bleeding for a full week at 6-7 weeks. I think that was a sign that all was not 'secure' in there for me. And now I am seeing something unusual at 5 weeks and alarm bells are starting to ring. If this is a sign that once again it's not a sealed secure environment in there, I don't know what I will do. I can't go through that again, I just can't...

Sweetie I had that at 5 weeks with jasper who is clearly now a big baby so try not to worry until you know sweetie x

Oh I hope eveything's OK Helen, I'm sure it is but I can understand how worrying this must be for you. Positive thoughts coming your way sweetie xxxx

Helen hun I know that you must be scared, but 'spotting' and bleeding is VERY normal during pregnancy and I am sure that deep down you know this. Keep positive & try not to worry. I know its easier said than done. Please let us know how you are xxxxx

Andrea :hugs: I hope your ok if your still lurking, we are here for you & would hate to think that you were uncomfortable with anything xxxxx If your lurking but not able to reply, dont go too long & keep up the great work with the weight loss hun xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->