• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

Great news Helen, I'm so glad it went well. I presume you'll still get the usual 12-13 week scan as well, or was this one instead of that?

We need an update from jojo now. Such a busy day for scans!

No, that's it now til 20 weeks, all being well, which is fine by me. I was invited to come back at 12 weeks for NT measurement scan, but I refused that - I have turned down all screening. I don't want any more scans than are necessary, and I wouldn't have amnio anyway, so if I came back as high risk from those tests I wouldn't take it any further. I just want as little poking and prodding as possible this time around. I don't know if that really had anything to do with anything last time but it will make me feel better just leaving things alone now. I'm happy that so far little bubs is looking fine, and will be getting the 16 week check with midwife and have consultant appt in 4 weeks.

Thats great news Helen, I cant believe your 10 + 4 already! Where does time go? Do you know what they will do for you at your consultants? I mean additional care to keep a closer eye this time? xx So pleased all is well. I find it so amazing how these little rainbows keep having dates that correspond with their angel brothers and sisters. As your little rainbow is due the day after Thomas, Jo has her scan today on Lilys birthday. Its really strange how this all works out xx

Jo how did you get on? xx Are you team pink or blue? xx

Jo hope all is well.

Helen great news on the scan.

My body is tricking me or making me wait, my temp went back down today after two days of very positive opks. I'll do another one today and if it's not positive I'll expect another temp rise tomorrow so looks like I will O today or O'd sometime in the early hours of this morning. At least I hope. My belly is very tender again today, it seems to come and go, one minute I feel fine then the next it hurts to push on it and I worry about infection. I have a scan tomorrow to check my uterus and the fistula so hopefully they'll say no signs of infection and everything is well. Now I just need my body to ovulate!

Fiona, i know you're probably still watching this thread and section of the forum, even if you don't feel like posting here at the moment. I just want to know how your scan went. I hope all is well. Please don't stay away - there are probably lots of ladies on here who care and want to know that your little rainbow is ok x:hugs:

hi girls sorry didnt get on yesterday for an update was a very busy day lol!! so everything went perfect! little bubs is doing great and was moving around so much it took the poor lady doing the scan 2 or 3 goes getting measurements hehe... and im on team BLUE :) a little boy :):):) im so happy that its kinda scary lol. i held my breath the whole way through the scan and then when it was all finished i cried my eyes out lol but i was just so relieved. he shoved his little boy parts right up to the screen on show for the world haha thank you all so much for your thoughts girls its helped me more than you will all know!!

we couldnt get out to Lilys grave yesterday as it was pouring rain all day and its quite a long walk up so we're going today but i know she wont mind! she definitely gave me a helping hand yesterday!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kelly, I hope you get some reassurance at your scan today. Hope your body gets back to normal soon x

hi girls sorry didnt get on yesterday for an update was a very busy day lol!! so everything went perfect! little bubs is doing great and was moving around so much it took the poor lady doing the scan 2 or 3 goes getting measurements hehe... and im on team BLUE :) a little boy :):):) im so happy that its kinda scary lol. i held my breath the whole way through the scan and then when it was all finished i cried my eyes out lol but i was just so relieved. he shoved his little boy parts right up to the screen on show for the world haha thank you all so much for your thoughts girls its helped me more than you will all know!!

we couldnt get out to Lilys grave yesterday as it was pouring rain all day and its quite a long walk up so we're going today but i know she wont mind! she definitely gave me a helping hand yesterday!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats hun,so pleased it went well & your little man was being all wriggly! It's excellent news xxx

Good luck today Kelly xx

Yay jo, must have just posted at the same time as you. Then I spent ages writing a reply on my phone but pressed a wrong button and the whole flipping thing disappeared :dohh: Have turned the computer on now as typing on my phone just drives me mad!

I'm so pleased the scan went well for you. Sounds like you've got a really cheeky little boy in there!

Did you find out the gender when you were pregnat last time? We didn't and I'm intending to do the same this time, although I'm so impatient I'm not sure I can wait. Plus, I'm worried that I might not bond as well with this baby during pregnancy because of being worried about something going wrong, and I wonder whether finding out the gender will help me bond more. I do have a hunch that this one willl be another boy, which I would totally love, but in a way I think it would be easier if it was a girl, then I'll know for sure that this baby is not a replacement for my first little man. Does that make any sense?!

Anyway, thanks for the update and I hope everything:hugs: continues to go well for you

Yay Jojo - fantastic news!! A little boy, how lovely x Bet you're feeling wonderful now :hugs:

Fiona - hope scan went well, please update :hugs:

I don't plan to find out gender at 20 weeks, and didn't with my first, but with my second, it was very much as Jojo described - bits right up there on view and I had no choice but to see what he was! :haha:

Hee hee, I just have images in my head now of all of these cheeky babies flashing their bits on the the screen. It must be so funny to see that! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i didnt find out last time hun until she arrived!! i wanted to know this time because i definitely wanted to bond more.. up intil now i sort of was kidding myself and not thinking too much that its actually a baby iykwim! but now it feels so real to me and i know he's in there giving a kick to remind me lol im 22 weeks now and im still terrified that something is gonna happen!!! but i have come to the conclusion that if hope is all i have then thats what ill have to go with....

i think it would have been harder if it was a girl but i still wouldnt have minded. in a way i think this whole pregnancy is totally different so maybe its a good thing it is a little boy and it might help me relax a little more!

when is your next app hun??? they keeping a good eye on you i hope! xxxxxx

Lol it was so funny legs wide open and bum and everything just stuck there!!!

Thanks jo. I'm glad things are feeling good for you. Its so nice and reassuring.

I have a booking appointment with the midwife in a couple of weeks, then I'll have the 12-13 weeks scan. Then after that I've been told I can have extra reassurance and monitoring scans, which I'm really pleased about. I think I'd go every day if they'd let me!!! My midwife really is great and she's putting me straight under consultant care so I do feel like they are taking very good care of me. Maybe I'm lucky to have such a good local service.

awe thats brill hun those extra scans are so reassuring i cant tell you how much it makes you relax when you have 1 or 2 extras lol. your midwife sounds great :) i have to have a glucose tolerence test at 28 weeks because my mum is diabetic so they just want to double check im not at risk and ill have another scan that day!

ah time will fly for you now hun so happy for you xxxx

Jo it seems like you are a new woman, a few weeks back you were terrified and I really wanted to hug you, now you seem totally 'in the zone' of this is a new HEALTHY pregnancy. You seem to have had a new lease of life. Its so lovely to see. V day isnt too far away now hun. I wonder of your little dude is gonna be a nudist when he grows older!

My friends little girl always takes her clothes off & my friend is forever trying to get her to put them back on, its so funny! Anyway my friend had her Hen do last weekend and ended up taking her clothes off in a pub (well her top & her bra) and getting her :holly: out. Then she insisted on wearing a wig and layed down on the balcony (on her stomach) stark bollock naked! And she wonders where her daughter gets it from!!! :rofl::flasher: There is photo evidence!! She also insisted on doing a strip tease in front of the full length windows in the apartment...which was on the bottom floor....right next to a restaurant where people were eating. I'm not sure the clients at that restaurant really bargained for that!!

Its fab that there are so many ladies here with little rainbows growing! Its so nice to see really positive messages - it gives me so much hope.:cloud9:

LOL awe your friends lil girl sounds so funny! a right star in the making hehe

i definitely feel like a new person hun you have it exactly right... i just feel different this time and although im still scared im just daring to hope! i cant think of anything bad happening again because i know im a good person and will make a good mother and i cant see how it can happen again, of course for all of us we know anything can happen but for now im gonna take one day at a time and enjoy my little man :)

i cant wait to hear of more ladies getting their long awaited news... i really hope all of us get our happy endings and im so glad we can be a part of each others lives. love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally get you jojo, no more suprises! I felt like that, hubby refused to find out, Joe flashed his willy at every scan though. :haha:
Congratulations. :hugs: Here if you need me xxxx

jojo I am so pleased everything went well and you can look forward to a lovely little boy.
I have 2 boys and 1 girl (the boys are easier than the girl!!!!!)
i had MMC in July 2009, when I became pregnant again with my little boy I was worried the whole time, which is natural.
I used to have to go to the hospital quite a lot due to gestational diabetes and it was so reassuring to keep being checked so often.
My little boy was then born 2 weeks early in May 2010.
Look after yourself and your little rainbow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->