Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

I saw a lovely GP today who then referred me for a scan at the EPAS. They did a pregnancy test first (they don't scan if it comes up negative) and it came up positive straight away.
Had to have a trans-vaginal scan which I was dreading but it was fine and it showed my uterus was completly empty.
I saw this as good news (I was pretty sure I'd already passed the embryo last night) as it meant I didn't have to have an ERPC. I then had a chat with a lovely nurse. I have to POAS again in two weeks to make sure its negative - to rule out an ectopic.

I actually feel well and positive at the moment - I may come crashing down again in a day or two, but I'm ok at the moment.

Both the GP and the nurse said that the losses are not linked. An early loss and a late loss are very different things medically and could not be caused by the same problem. That made me feel better. They also said that it wasn't caused by getting pregnant again so quickly - that is a myth apparently.

I actually felt that they listened to me today, and that really helped. We have decided we will try again in 3 months. I just don't think I could cope with another loss in the immediate future.
I'm also looking forward for a few months of not being pregnant or trying to get pregnant - I just want to switch off from it all.

I feel proud of my body in a way - that my instincts were right again, and that my body knew something was wrong and dealt with in the most efficient way.

:hugs: oooo iloveblue i am so so sorry !!! :hugs: u are being very brave:hugs:
u are right tho' your body did the right thing and hopefully it will make it easier to TTC in the future, whenever u feel ready to go for it..... u may surprise yourself and not want to wait 3 months..but understand the need for a break from all the worry :friends: XXXX

I'm so so sorry iloveblue but it sounds like you are being very pragmatic about the whole thing. Take care of yourself over the next few days though :hugs:
Knowing your body is a very special thing and I know you 'just know'. I'm pleased too that you have no medical procedures or anything to go through. I did wonder after my last loss about it being linked with being so soon after the last loss but otherwise I don't think our body would get pregnant if that was the case...
I'm sorry if I missed ot but did you actually get the results from your last loss?

Big :hugs: to you

Oh god :hugs::hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry and I do so hope you are wrong but I do know what you mean about 'just knowing'. I hope they get you in soon for a scan :hugs:

Thanks Suze
I know you have been through this too x
Did your doctor say anything about a 'link' or 'no link' between your two losses?

I'm so so sorry iloveblue but it sounds like you are being very pragmatic about the whole thing. Take care of yourself over the next few days though :hugs:
Knowing your body is a very special thing and I know you 'just know'. I'm pleased too that you have no medical procedures or anything to go through. I did wonder after my last loss about it being linked with being so soon after the last loss but otherwise I don't think our body would get pregnant if that was the case...
I'm sorry if I missed ot but did you actually get the results from your last loss?

Big :hugs: to you

We have an appointment with the consultant on March 15th regarding our first loss.

My doctor suspected no link whatsoever. With Joe, his condition was so specific and random and carried no increased risk for the future. This last loss should have been tested but wasn't so I'll never know. All I do know is that due to quite a bit of bleeding I had weekly scans and so saw that the growth slowed down before miscarrying - my consultant said this is probably the typical case in an early mc it's just that I had seen it happen on a weekly basis.
I was told the most important bit of info is actually the fact I have carried a baby to term and delivered no problem, same for you I believe. I was told as crappy as it sounds that it's probably just a case of bad luck :shrug: -that doesn't feel particularly helpful when you're upset and just had 2 close together losses but I suppose it could be a lot worse.
:hugs:

My doctor suspected no link whatsoever. With Joe, his condition was so specific and random and carried no increased risk for the future. This last loss should have been tested but wasn't so I'll never know. All I do know is that due to quite a bit of bleeding I had weekly scans and so saw that the growth slowed down before miscarrying - my consultant said this is probably the typical case in an early mc it's just that I had seen it happen on a weekly basis.
I was told the most important bit of info is actually the fact I have carried a baby to term and delivered no problem, same for you I believe. I was told as crappy as it sounds that it's probably just a case of bad luck :shrug: -that doesn't feel particularly helpful when you're upset and just had 2 close together losses but I suppose it could be a lot worse.
:hugs:

Yes, bad luck is exactly what the nurse said to me today. And yes, I have had two successful pregnancies.

Third time lucky for both of us I say x

It is bad, in early pregnancy obviously there's a 1 in 4 chance of mc so I suppose someone has to be in that percentage to actually make it up. I think after 12 weeks it's something like 1 in 200, again someone has to be that 1 and unfortunately we, and the other ladies here have been that '1' :hugs:
I can't believe it has taken so long for the first appointment to come through!

I agree u have had to wait far too long for answers iloveblue...
and i also strongly agree it will be 3rd time lucky for u two!! !!!!:) :friends:

Just seen your news Suze - congratulations!
Definitely will be 3rd time lucky for you this time x

iloveblue :hugs: I'm thinking of you and hope everything is OK. It's awful too that you're having difficulty in being seen, I hope this changes and you do get seen to know whats goin on :hugs:

Thanks Suze
I'm just waiting for GP to ring me back to organise a scan (I hope). Its just a formality really as I know its gone.

Had a horrible night last night - cramping and passing lots of blood and clots. But cramps are gone this morning, and the bleeding is much lighter - so it seems the worst is over.

How are you?
iloveblue I am so sorry its something you hope to never find :hugs::hugs::hugs:
I cant imagine how you must be feeling at the moment. Sendinyg you lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Iloveblue, i'm so so sorry :hugs: xxxxx

Maevesmummy i'm pleased that everything was ok for you hun :hugs:

Nothing new here, STILL no period since my second loss. Am getting unbelievably pissed off and feel so angry with my body. I've got my first counselling session on Monday, i'm really looking forward to it. I know i will get very emotional talking about my miscarriages to a complete stranger, but i need some help right now, i'm struggling big time.

xx

iloveblue, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, how heartbreaking for you. Will be thinking of you in the coming days/weeks and hoping everything works out for you next time.

I haven't been around the last week, been away for the most amazing break. Spent time with friends, a little retail therapy, awesome concert and a new tattoo. It's almost a let down to be back home and in the real world again lol.

Just popping in to see how u are iloveblue? :hugs: hope u are ok!!?? XXXX :friends:

I'm okay thanks Nats
Had a pretty rubbish day yesterday - felt very emotional and hopeless, but feeling a bit better today.
I'm going to take a break from here for a few weeks - will be back to let you know how we get on at our consultants appointment on March 15th.
Hope everyone is well and speak to you soon x

:hugs: I understand u needing a break... will miss you !! :friends: good luck on march 15th hope it goes well !! :hugs:

Take good care of yourself iloveblue, I can understand your need for a break but you know where we all are :hugs:

Can totally understand you needed a break...:hugs: look after yourself, will be thinking of you on March 15th :flower:

A bit of good news for me at last, i got AF today, after 16 long weeks! I've never been so glad to have a period in all my life :rofl:

Hope everyone is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"