Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

How are you Imalia, I often think of you. I really think it will be your turn soon. It must be so hard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congratulations iloveblue :hugs:

Maevesmummy - i bet you were so scared :-( I hate to say it but baby shouldnt be getting cramped in there at 26 weeks and movements certainly shouldnt be getting lighter. Baby is able to EASILY turn from breech to head down visa versa till well into 34+ weeks. If babys movements are picking up get yourself to the hospital again. I hope everything is ok xxx

xxx

Thanks Jox, they said that if movements stopped again then to go straight in. They are being quite good about it. It looks to me as if I have IUGR but then again I am no expert so maybe I am just being ultra negative.
I have a MW appt this morning. Another appt at the Lupus clinic and growth scan friday so I have a list of questions for them both.
xxxxxxxxxx

congratulations iloveblue :hugs:

Maevesmummy - i bet you were so scared :-( I hate to say it but baby shouldnt be getting cramped in there at 26 weeks and movements certainly shouldnt be getting lighter. Baby is able to EASILY turn from breech to head down visa versa till well into 34+ weeks. If babys movements are picking up get yourself to the hospital again. I hope everything is ok xxx

xxx

Thanks Jox, they said that if movements stopped again then to go straight in. They are being quite good about it. It looks to me as if I have IUGR but then again I am no expert so maybe I am just being ultra negative.
I have a MW appt this morning. Another appt at the Lupus clinic and growth scan friday so I have a list of questions for them both.
xxxxxxxxxx

MaevesMummy I haven't spoken to you before and am very new but just read this and thought I would say I hope everything goes ok for you. Stay positive!! :thumbup:
xx

Thanks Maevesmummy. I'm just about managing to keep it together. It is hard, and it does sting hearing about everyone else and still waiting. But I am thrilled for all of you. At the moment I'm finding it harder with people in my life who are pregnant, one especially. I don't get it, I don't understand why they have to constantly moan and complain about being pregnant and having healthy happy children. More than that I don't understand why they have to complain to me. Why they think I'm going to be the slightest bit sympathetic that they find having a trouble free pregnancy and healthy baby is such a huge inconvenience for them.

I have pretty much all but given up on it ever being my turn, I don't see any reason to be positive anymore.

Thanks Maevesmummy. I'm just about managing to keep it together. It is hard, and it does sting hearing about everyone else and still waiting. But I am thrilled for all of you. At the moment I'm finding it harder with people in my life who are pregnant, one especially. I don't get it, I don't understand why they have to constantly moan and complain about being pregnant and having healthy happy children. More than that I don't understand why they have to complain to me. Why they think I'm going to be the slightest bit sympathetic that they find having a trouble free pregnancy and healthy baby is such a huge inconvenience for them.

I have pretty much all but given up on it ever being my turn, I don't see any reason to be positive anymore.

All I can do is send you massive hugs. I cant even begin to imagine how tough it must be. Please let everyone else stay possitive for you though.
I find it hard when people moan about silly things. Me, I am greatful for all the normal pregnancy stuff. I can see why you are finding this difficult as even I sturuggle to bite my tongue. I hope my little indulgence in self pity hasnt upset you, it wasnt meant in a way, I know how lucky I am to have got this far.
sending you lots of love.:hugs::hugs:

I love blue huge congratulations....... I am so pleased for you, i am sure all will be fine. My temp has dropped again today so i am expecting the witch in the next few days. I will attempt the every other day method!!!

Maeves mummy i am sure all will be fine, i would have been so scared.
Love to you all xx

Not at all Maeve's Mummy. For you, or any of the ladies on this board, to worry and feel sorry for yourselves and expect the worst to happen, I can understand that, and I'm sure I would be exactly the same.

Hi there again! Really hoping lovely things for all you lovely, amazing ladies!

So I've said we are going to start TTC again in September, but theres something in me saying why wait? I mean, yeah maternity leave pay is always a factor (I'm in between jobs and not sure where I'm going in it all!) but whats stopping us now? Soooooooooo tempted. Is anyone else in this situation?

Erica xxx

After losing our angel, we never prevented, but didn't really try for about three months. There's no way I could have put it off longer, nor could I have actually prevented it from happening. After thirteen and a half years trying to have a baby to keep, I just couldn't.

I suppose it would depend on the reasons you decided on September in the first place and if you and your OH still feel they are valid.

Hi there again! Really hoping lovely things for all you lovely, amazing ladies!

So I've said we are going to start TTC again in September, but theres something in me saying why wait? I mean, yeah maternity leave pay is always a factor (I'm in between jobs and not sure where I'm going in it all!) but whats stopping us now? Soooooooooo tempted. Is anyone else in this situation?

Erica xxx

I second Imalia, there is never going to be a *perfect time" you may as well get going now... we didnt prevent anything, we were very very lucky and fell again quickly all things considering.
It wouldnt have mattered, if we had left it 8 months like they wanted us too. My treatment wouldnt have been any different. And its more than likley it would have taken far longer xxxxx

Thanks for all the lovely messages everyone.

Imalia - I often think of you too. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all okay for you. I can't remember if you said - but have you had fertility testing?

MaevesM - I'm so sorry you've had more worrying times.
What is IUGR?
At least you know baby is viable now so if the worst did happen s/he would have a good chance of survival.
Do you have any inkling if it is a boy or a girl?

Maeve's mummy im so sorry you had a scare....that must have been awful for you. I will be thinking of you and your little baby....i really hope everything turns out just fine :hugs:

Imalia, i often think of you too, like the other ladies have said. I think of all of you actually, and while i am grateful we have each other to talk to i often wonder why any of us have to be here at all, just not fair :cry:

Iloveblue...wow, huge congrats! I can totally understand you being apprehensive...i am the same. I think i am about 6 weeks (not sure cos i had no period since last MC) and the road ahead is soooo long, but my symptoms are stronger this time (just like with my first MC, and she was fine physically, just the placenta that failed.) I have been spotting for about 4 days now, but it has never been alot, infact i probably wouldnt have even noticed it if i wasn't a paranoid crazy obsessive lady :haha: It has always been brown though, and is getting less and less (even though it wasn't a lot to begin with.) I am really praying that this one is ok for me. I need this baby, the urge to be a mum is so strong and i don't want it taken away again. I hope everything turns out ok for you too....keep us updated! Do you know how far along you are? Symptoms??? xxx

Yes, we have had fertility testing, until it comes out the wazoo :p I have mild pcos, but unusually for someone with pcos, I have regular 30 day (give or take 2 or 3) cycles with confirmed ovulation. DH is on the lower side of normal. (WHO say SA results should be minimum 15mil count, 50% motility and 4% morphology, DH is 23mil/60/6) We were actully just back at the GP's this week about it, but we rarely ever get anywhere with the doctors. Their attitude is "No one can magically get you pregnant, and you've been pregnant on your own, so there's no need"

It's so frustrating to be stuck in that middle point where it's so difficult to do it on our own, but not difficult enough that we can get some help with it. It's one of the reasons I still struggle with losing our angel. It seems the world is far too cruel to let us get so close to our dream and then snatch it away.

:yipee: ILOVEBLUE!!!! :friends: so so pleased for you!!!! Hoping u have a VERY boring but happy and healthy 9 months!!!! great news!!! :)

:hugs: Imalia so hoping your forever baby is coming ot u very very soon :hugs:

:hugs: to u too Maevesmummy, u must have been so scared, its such a lot of pressure being constantly worried about baby movements and being the only one who can know..:hugs: I know i find the total responsibility 24/7 emotionaly draining...:hugs:

MissM glad to hear spotting is only slight..when do u have your next scan?? have everything crossed ,this is your for keeps baby !! :friends:

Hows everyone else??any more positves out there???? Good Luck :flower:

Well i had an eventful couple of days..after a very busy am with the kids on tues, i started having some strong contraction like pains well, like full bump, squeeze the heck out of me, couldn't breath or move, was so scared was in preterm labour, i was out , so somehow got home and got my mum over...they calmed but wass till having regular cramps , more like pre labour , spoke to hosp who said to come in....was mostly worried about the low lying placenta and going into full labour as it would mean so many more dangers for baby and me...
anyway to cut a long story short , they admitted me and gave me steroid shot to mature baby lungs....i had a quick scan , there nad then and they were pretty sure placenta has moved away from opening so that made me feel a lot batter...then this am they did another and it defo confirmed its moved , so i'm all go for natural delivery :) and it takes the emergency out of going into labour at home too!!..so i came home this pm, and have to go back in the am for another steroid shot, but the cramping has really subsided thank goodness.... i just need to take it more easy, it is so much worse the longer i'm on my feet... hoping for at least another 2 weeks before going into labour, preferably 4!!! scared me to death!!! scan also estimated baby at 5lb 6oz atm!!so hes looking really good:)

I'm glad all is well Nats and the placenta has shifted.
Make sure you take it easy from now on, young lady![-X
xxx

Oh Babesx3, that must have been scary. Glad everything is ok. No more rushing around for you missy.

It did scare the crap out of me!!! will be defo taking it more easy , want baby in for at least another week or 2!!! u watch me not go into labour now and have to be induced..lol!!

Babesx3 i'm glad everything was ok after your scare! Well, my midwife has pretty much told me that i won't get an early scan, even though i've had 3 miscarriages and am unsure of my dates. That has annoyed me, so i am going to have to push hard to get it. xx

Good on u for pushing for one!!! i think u should, esp as u don't know dates..:hugs:

missmaternal - i cant believe shes said you wont get an early scan!! how does that make sense??? does your hosp let you self refer to EPU?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->