Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

Babesx3 i'm glad everything was ok after your scare! Well, my midwife has pretty much told me that i won't get an early scan, even though i've had 3 miscarriages and am unsure of my dates. That has annoyed me, so i am going to have to push hard to get it. xx

A lovely lady I met up with today said it really, if you dont get what you want, shout louder louder and then scream, who gives a monkey's what anyone else thinks.
I cant believe they have been so cruel. Threaten to make a serious complaint and see what they do. Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nat's I hope all is well, it sounds super scary!

iloveblue, IUGR -Interuterine growth ******ation...
Luckily though the little tinker is big for 26 weeks, a 877g, or 1lb 14oz, and bloodflow is still good. I have some minor problems at the moment with blood tests and the lack of movement is worrying, they are going to see me twice a week so I feel much better. Got them to swab me as well as I am convinced I am leaking fluid. xxxxxxxx

Maevesmummy, I hope they keep a close eye on you and baby and that everything is OK.

MissM - I think that's appalling they're not scanning you, can you ask for a second opinion? You know, when my hospital and I put a care plan in place for my next pregnancy when we lost our angel I thought it was the least they could do, but hearing from others, maybe I've just been extremely lucky. Or maybe it's because there was questions of medical negligence in my case. I book at 5 weeks directly with the consultant at the hospital and have open access to the epau from 7 weeks with scans available on request, at any time, for any reason, even if it's just for reassurance.

That someone with your history can be so easily dismissed it makes me angry for you. It's not right, and it shouldn't happen.

MissM - that really doesn't seem right. Had you been referred for any kind of testing?
Do you have an understanding GP who could help you?
Did you see a consultant regarding your late loss - if so, could you contact them?

My consultant wrote me a lovely letter outlining the extra monitoring I could have when I fell pregnant again including an early scan, and this is after 2 losses - a late one and an early one.

Hope you can get something sorted - it really isn't fair how provision varies so much across the country.

Hi MaevesM
Glad you are being monitored well - hope things settle down for you, and baby continues to grow big and strong x

Babesx3 i'm glad everything was ok after your scare! Well, my midwife has pretty much told me that i won't get an early scan, even though i've had 3 miscarriages and am unsure of my dates. That has annoyed me, so i am going to have to push hard to get it. xx

A lovely lady I met up with today said it really, if you dont get what you want, shout louder louder and then scream, who gives a monkey's what anyone else thinks.
I cant believe they have been so cruel. Threaten to make a serious complaint and see what they do. Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nat's I hope all is well, it sounds super scary!

iloveblue, IUGR -Interuterine growth ******ation...
Luckily though the little tinker is big for 26 weeks, a 877g, or 1lb 14oz, and bloodflow is still good. I have some minor problems at the moment with blood tests and the lack of movement is worrying, they are going to see me twice a week so I feel much better. Got them to swab me as well as I am convinced I am leaking fluid. xxxxxxxx

completely agree with this lady..miss m..shout loud!!!:hugs: it is cruel to make u wait!! xxx

How are things going maeves M??

So far so good, I have some issues with raised liver enzymes and kidney function tests and low platlets, its nothing at the mo, but can indicate problems. I have a home BP monitor just to keep an eye, it was 146/89 this morning but i think it was a one off as has been fine since.
Day assesment for me twice a week. which is good news. I at least feel like I have been listened too. I broke down in the the consultation. I have been telling everyone I am fine for the last 2 weeks as I dont like to have to keep explaining myself, and have only shared my worries where people will understand (here being one of them) it got on top of me a bit. I just have a bad feeling that my body is going a bit wrong. They understand that and say that I should always trust my gut instinct, and forget what anyone else thinks of me. They are amazing support as well as great doctors, its a far cry from what happened last time. Its a shame that had to happen to get that kind of treatment. xxxxxxx

Thanks for your comments ladies....i think my midwife's words were "they wouldn't be able to scan you because it won't tell you how far along you are..." um, HELLO?! i thought the whole point of a scan was to date it ( and other things obviously.) My midwife is lovely, and i was surprised she said this because when i was bleeding before my last mc, she was brilliant and offered me a scan and got me booked in. So i am definitely going to demand a scan! I think i am 6+5, going from the date of my mc anyway. The fiance and i have booked a holiday today...we're off to Crete on Friday and i cant wait!

xx

Hope you have an amazing holiday Missmaternal :hugs: x

Got a faint bfp this morning at 16dpo, trying not to get my hopes up because of the chemical last month. Am going to retest with a more sensitive test and fmu tomorrow. fingers crossed this really is our month this time.

Thanks Jox!

Omg Imalia....i will have EVERYTHING crossed for you xxx :flower: xxx

I've also got everything crossed for you Imalia - it has to be your turn x

Do u have an dearly scan booked iloveblue???

Not yet. I've got an appointment with my GP tomorrow - so hoping to get it organised then.
I lost the last one at around 7-8 weeks so ideally would like a scan around that time.

How are you?

Imalia, i have my fingers crossed for you. xxx

I love blue, let us know what the gp says, how far along do you think you are?

I am back to trying again. I am taking your advice and trying the every other day method. Hopefully it will work for us & we can have a very sticky baby!
Love to you all xxx

Got a faint bfp this morning at 16dpo, trying not to get my hopes up because of the chemical last month. Am going to retest with a more sensitive test and fmu tomorrow. fingers crossed this really is our month this time.

Everything Crossed for you! :hugs:
xxxxxx

Good Luck Imalia :flower:

ooo 27 weeks Maevesmummy!!!! third tri now!!! :thumbup: how are u??

Thanks iloveblue!!! i'm ok..still very crampy which has me paranoid..its difficult to rest with 3 kids but i'm trying my best not to overdo it.....I have a 35 week target in my head , then it'll be 36 weeks... i had my son at 36+3 and he was perfect and needed no help so i know that would be good....
hope your appointment with doc went well!! :)

I have had a funny tummy for 4 days now. TMI anything I eat is going straight through. I have got a tender tummy and cramps. The midwife in Day Assesment wasnt interested at all. Take a paracetamol and dont eat anything for 12 hours is all she said. I am really worried that whatever this is may trigger labour, or even that it is a warning I am about to go. I guess there isnt much I can do other than wait. Back again friday for another bloodflow scan. xxxxx

:hug: its so worrying..:(
Make sure u drink plenty of fluids too...diarreah will dehydrate u and that can trigger contractions....
If u get crampy just go on in and get checked out..surely they would understand your anxiatys..:hugs:
when i went in last week with contractions... they were really good at being thorough when i said i'd lost my baby and was terrified of it happening again..:cry: they seemed understand why i was more worried than the average pregant woman....

:hugs: hope the diarreah clears up XX

I have had a funny tummy for 4 days now. TMI anything I eat is going straight through. I have got a tender tummy and cramps. The midwife in Day Assesment wasnt interested at all. Take a paracetamol and dont eat anything for 12 hours is all she said. I am really worried that whatever this is may trigger labour, or even that it is a warning I am about to go. I guess there isnt much I can do other than wait. Back again friday for another bloodflow scan. xxxxx

Thinking of you MaevesM.
Please ring them again if you need to. They will surely understand with your history.
Please don't be fobbed off x

I'm bleeding - so think its all over (again!)
I can't continue to belive that this is just bad luck - there must be something wrong, and maybe now we can get to the bottom of it.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Imalia - have you POAS again?

I love blue,
I am so sorry, make sure you go to the hospital & get checked. It may just be bleeding its quite common in early pregnancy.
I am praying & thinking of you xxxxxxxx
Message me if you need to. I am here for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"