Life after Loss Support Group........All Welcome :)

I'm just hoping that this whole thing doesn't exclude or disqualify me from being able to seek midwife care again.

In my area they tend to only deal with low-risk pregnancies, so Im hoping the results come back that it was just something possibly treatable or preventable (like an infection) so that I can go under midwife care instead of with an OB, because I very much preferred being with them...so much more informative and supportive. Having now sort of done both, I loved the midwife care better, so hoping I'll still be able to do it again.

iloveblue,

how have you got on today? Hope it was good news for you.

sending my love xxx

\thanks for thinking of me tootsie.
It wasn't good news unfortunately. They couldn't even see the yolk sac this time, and although the gestational sac has grown, it hasn't grown enough.
They offered me pessaries to help it along but I've decided to wait and let it happen naturally.
Its crappy, but at least I was prepared for it.
My husband and I are booked in Monday morning for blood tests as part of the recurrent miscarriage investigations. But they said only about 10-15% of couples ever get a diagnosis.

Hope everyone else is okay xx

oh iloveblue im so so sorry!!! this is just so unfair..all i can say is i hope it will be as easy on you as possible and we're all here for you! ill be thinking of you over the next while and if you need anything ill be here xxxxxxxxxxx stay stong and :hugs: to you and your amazing family

I'm so sorry Iloveblue. I was really hoping for better news for you :hug:

I'm really sorry iloveblue I was really really hoping for good news for you xxx

I'm just hoping that this whole thing doesn't exclude or disqualify me from being able to seek midwife care again.

In my area they tend to only deal with low-risk pregnancies, so Im hoping the results come back that it was just something possibly treatable or preventable (like an infection) so that I can go under midwife care instead of with an OB, because I very much preferred being with them...so much more informative and supportive. Having now sort of done both, I loved the midwife care better, so hoping I'll still be able to do it again.

Some midwives will see you even if your highrisk. I was highrisk after having losing my daughter, plus they found other issues with cervical shortening. I still had a midwife but I also had an ob. The midwives delt with the everyday pregnancy stuff, and my ob delt with the highrisk parts. Not sure where you are in Ontario, but I hope they can do something like they did for me for you. If you want to talk or get anymore information please feel free to pm me.

iloveblue,

how have you got on today? Hope it was good news for you.

sending my love xxx

\thanks for thinking of me tootsie.
It wasn't good news unfortunately. They couldn't even see the yolk sac this time, and although the gestational sac has grown, it hasn't grown enough.
They offered me pessaries to help it along but I've decided to wait and let it happen naturally.
Its crappy, but at least I was prepared for it.
My husband and I are booked in Monday morning for blood tests as part of the recurrent miscarriage investigations. But they said only about 10-15% of couples ever get a diagnosis.

Hope everyone else is okay xx
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I am so sorry, I can not imagine how you must be feeling :(
Sending you massive hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

i am so sorry iloveblue, I was so hoping that this would be it for you.
Thinking of you, I hope it doesnt take too long, the worst bit is the waiting.
Sending you lots of love xxxxx

iloveblue big big :hugs: I'm so sorry it wasn't better news

I lost my beloved son Brendan, who was born prematurely at 23w3d, almost 3 years ago. I just found out (surprise!!!) that we are expecting again. At just under 7 weeks, I'm already a basket case. Oh heck, I started sobbing and hyperventilating as soon as I got my BFP. And we're still so much in shock. Because of our past history, plus our ages... chance of miscarriage is high. We find ourselves constantly adding "if we make it that far". "What color should we paint the nursery, if we get that far?" "What kind of dress should I wear at that party next week, if we make it that far?" Ugh!!!

Sounds like what my mindset will be..."if we make it that far"

Granted, I think that's probably the mindset most of us who've experienced losses probably look at things when conceiving again.

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean for you though

congrats hun take everyday as a blessing and youll be fine xxxx

Hi mauser! I'm so sorry for the loss of your little Brendan.but congratulations on your new pregnancy! I hope everything works out for you. I ALWAYS find myself saying "if we make it that far..." too! I think its perfectly natural after loss. Xx

It's gonna be my mindset when I get preggers again. Hell, I already am thinking that way when I think about being preg again....then I start thinking worst case scenarios and get myself all depressed *sigh*

:hugs: and welcome to new members!!!xxx

I have to admit to still living in 'hopefully' having baby... its only natural after the devastating blow of loss...
I've driven them nuts with extra scans and monitoring, but if it gets u thru pregnancy then so be it!! i've totted up 14 scans so far..and will be having another tomorrow, before i get my induction date for next week..'hopefully'

I dunno what I'm gonna need to do to reassure myself when I get preggers again. I had an extra ultrasound just 4 days before I miscarried and everything had 'apparently' looked fine then. Granted I was never checked internally so I have no idea if I had started to dilate prematurely, one would think SOMETHING was going on down there after 5 days of contractions...

...maybe thats what I'll need to reassure myself, periodic checking of, down there, to make sure it's still closed until it's supposed to be open.

would u need a stitch put in place? sorry i don't know why your lost your angel? but if u were in preterm labour i would of though that is treatable? :shrug: will u see a consultant to discus your care plan?

I already think that way too. Heck, I think in terms of "if" I even get pregnant. I think it's natural.

would u need a stitch put in place? sorry i don't know why your lost your angel? but if u were in preterm labour i would of though that is treatable? :shrug: will u see a consultant to discus your care plan?

Well I don't know for sure why I miscarried. Ive got appointments with both the OB who had been on call, and then with the midwife to go over the pathology report. My suspicion though is that the infection I was found to have 5 days before miscarrying was just discovered too late and that it had caused some of the problems and such.

I have no idea what steps might need to be taken if I get pregnant again, I'll have to ask the OB, Midwife and maybe even my family doctor what they think/suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->